Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone point me to a webpage that will explain what I need to 'try' and develop applications for the T650? I'd like to dabble and give it a try but have no idea where to start. I am a programmer by trade but have never done this on a palm platform.

    Thanks muchly.
  2.    #2  
    bump
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    bump
    It's not polite to bump...

    Start with the PalmOne Developer site.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  4.    #4  
    Well, It's probably better than banging :-D

    Thanks for the link.
  5. #5  
    I'm a programmer so I was looking around on that Palm developer page trying to decide what route to take to try to develop for the Treo 650, but there are so many options its just so overwhelming, I went back to hacking my TiVo.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    bump
    Download the Palm OS Developer Suuite 1.1 (PODS). It's a modified Eclipse IDE that comes bundled with all the documentation you will need to get started and has a fairly decent GUI builder along with simulators and debugging tools.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    Download the Palm OS Developer Suuite 1.1 (PODS). It's a modified Eclipse IDE that comes bundled with all the documentation you will need to get started and has a fairly decent GUI builder along with simulators and debugging tools.
    You will then need the beta sdk for the 650. can be found at: pluggedin.palmone.com.

    Warning: programming on the 650 right now is very frustrating! The instability of the memory management system makes for a frustrating experience. But if you have any questions after you get up and going please drop me a PM and I'll be glad to give you pointers.

    Jeff
  8. #8  
    Completely off-topic, but MarkEagle's avatar brings good'ole gonk to mind.

    The resemblance is uncanny:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ine=1102545900

    http://club.imusic.com/gonk.gif


    -mike
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You will then need the beta sdk for the 650. can be found at: pluggedin.palmone.com.

    Warning: programming on the 650 right now is very frustrating! The instability of the memory management system makes for a frustrating experience. But if you have any questions after you get up and going please drop me a PM and I'll be glad to give you pointers.

    Jeff
    Jeff,

    What type of instability are you finding? Are you referring to the fact that API changes could be coming to address the allocation inefficiency issues?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilson
    brings good'ole gonk to mind.

    http://club.imusic.com/gonk.gif
    I don't know why, but my first thought when I checked out your link was "Please put litter in its place"!
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Jeff,

    What type of instability are you finding? Are you referring to the fact that API changes could be coming to address the allocation inefficiency issues?
    I am finding instability issues quite often. Things that worked on the Treo 600 that should work on the Treo 650 crash randomly! Corruption to the savedpreferences database have also happened. Trying to launch an application vis the api calls most of the time works fine but then randomly the same calls will out and out fail. API calls that worked on the 600 like detecting a wired headset no longer work. The list gets longer and longer each day. I waste more time every day tracking down these problems than I do producing new code. It is driving me crazy!

    Jeff
  12. #12  
    Interesting. I hadn't programmed for the Palm for a few years before starting to dabble in 650 programming. So I have no experience with the 600 API. This is probably due to the HS->palmOne transition and forced convergence of APIs.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You will then need the beta sdk for the 650. can be found at: pluggedin.palmone.com.

    Warning: programming on the 650 right now is very frustrating! The instability of the memory management system makes for a frustrating experience. But if you have any questions after you get up and going please drop me a PM and I'll be glad to give you pointers.

    Jeff
    I have downloaded the Beta SDK (at least I think I have) and of course there is a lot to go through. One basic question that I have though is what tool are people using to develop in? I don't see one with the SDK therefore I presume it is up to the developer, which makes sense. What are people finding to be the best tool to develop for Treos?
  14.    #14  
    bump bump
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    I have downloaded the Beta SDK (at least I think I have) and of course there is a lot to go through. One basic question that I have though is what tool are people using to develop in? I don't see one with the SDK therefore I presume it is up to the developer, which makes sense. What are people finding to be the best tool to develop for Treos?
    Personally I use the PODs 1.1 from the developers area of PalmOne. The other popular one is CodeWarrior but it does come with a price.

    Jeff
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/23/2004 at 08:44 AM. Reason: If only I could spell????
  16.    #16  
    Jeff,

    I will take another look in the developers area but didn't see anything Maybe it's a matter of not being able to see the woods for the trees!
  17.    #17  
    Just took another look and did a search for PODs but still no luck Could you provide a direct link?

Posting Permissions