Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1  
    LINK
    clearly a Treo knock off, could it affect the Treo650 sales???
    http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/ima...91328002269536
  2. #2  
    How could it hurt Treo sales if it isn't even released yet? In fact, according to the last reports, the P50 probably won't be released until 2nd half of 2005 at the earliest...

    http://www.brighthand.com/article/No...P50_Until_2005

    By then, PalmOne might have the Treo 800 or something...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. #3  
    I think gfunk has a point, but before most of us can get there hands on a 650 gsm is still a long way ahead, feb/march.... Regarding the P50 check this http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....t=44775#303967
    If release date for both devices in Asia/Europe is the same, the treo will def. loose sales. About the Treo 700/800/whatever, they will have a picture or two, and then release it a year later.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux-One
    I think gfunk has a point, but before most of us can get there hands on a 650 gsm is still a long way ahead, feb/march.... Regarding the P50 check this http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....t=44775#303967
    If release date for both devices in Asia/Europe is the same, the treo will def. loose sales. About the Treo 700/800/whatever, they will have a picture or two, and then release it a year later.

    HUH? I don't think you're gonna have to wait until March to get the Treo 650... more likely just a couple more weeks until early January. In fact I would be shocked if it turned out otherwise...

    Anyway, who cares about the P50. The real interesting competitor that is available right NOW is the imate iJam. THat is a neat little device and I would be more concerned with that right now then what may or may not arrive in 6 months...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    HUH? I don't think you're gonna have to wait until March to get the Treo 650... more likely just a couple more weeks until early January. In fact I would be shocked if it turned out otherwise...
    As the CDMA release saga taught us, don't assume anything
  6. 1SFG's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #6  
    looks like a helluva machine!
    1st SFG (A)

    if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  7. #7  
    Competition is good for sales. Poor marketing is bad for sales.

    Pretty simple!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Competition is good for sales. Poor marketing is bad for sales.

    Pretty simple!
    true...it will only make the next treo even better. the p50 looks ok, but it is not the treo killer as i have heard on some other threads. the p50 is still a while from release also. thirdly, the benq company does not have that much support here in the US
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  9. #9  
    This thing may hurt Treo sales if it turns out not to be vaporware.
  10. #10  
    The Ben Q is already cutting into the sales of the I550!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    true...it will only make the next treo even better. the p50 looks ok, but it is not the treo killer as i have heard on some other threads. the p50 is still a while from release also. thirdly, the benq company does not have that much support here in the US

    While comp breed innovation, I was thinking more along the lines of...

    Competition raises awareness- Poor marketing reduces your exposure to said awareness.
  12. #12  
    Well, someone's taking pre-orders on the Benq P50:

    http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=112410

    As a quad-band phone with Wifi and BT at $450, I'd say this is a Treo competitor. It also has a 1.3 MP camera. The form factor isn't too shabby, either. Not as pretty as a Treo, but getting closer.
  13. #13  
    P50 is an untested device. It looks good on paper, but could be a flop. Nobody knows until it's out and tested in real world.

    I think if there is any treo650 kiler it will be iJam with WiFi plus skinable case. HTC will make a killing if they produce this soon. BTW, iJam is sold out everywhere in Asia right now. That's a bit interesting.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    While comp breed innovation, I was thinking more along the lines of...

    Competition raises awareness- Poor marketing reduces your exposure to said awareness.
    if the machine runs smoothly, they don't need brand recognition at $450. The macine will sell itself. But that's a big if.
  15. #15  
    Just Make A Phone That Works, No Dropped Calls, Callers Can Hear You!! With Memeory In The Pda!!!

Posting Permissions