1.    #1  
    Hello everyone! This is my first post, great forum btw!

Wanted to see if anyone had troubles making "Wine Enthusiast Guide 2004" work on the 650. Even with 9MB of ram left, the 650 is telling me there is not enough space. The software is not that big, all the prc and pdb account for 1,547 KB. I tried installing into the SD card, and using zlauncher to launch it, but it takes a while and then tell me there is not enough memory.

I contacted the people at Landware, and they basically use the excuse of the memory issue not to provide much more info.

Brendan.
    I thought this thread was going to be about Windows Emulators.
    Interesting,
    mine was running fine from the SD card (via Z launcer),
    last used it about a week ago,
    but when I try to open it today I get an error.
    Are you getting the following error:
    " Database: Out of memory. Delete old data or unneeded applications. (Dm 0201) ?

I have 8.6 megs of RAM open

Has anyone else seen this error?
    I see people listing the Dm201 error during attempted backups with the backup program, but does anyone know what it means in regards to attempting to launch a large database program with Z launcer?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I have given up on this program. It creates memory problems when run from an SD card with 12 MB available in RAM. BTW, I'm looking for a similar program that will run on the 650.
  5.    #5  
    Hello!

This is not related to the Windows emulator, it's a Palm software with wine (the drink) scores, reviews and guide. Can you move this thread back in the Treo 650 section, since we are having problem with this software and the Palm 650 specifically, thanks?

I can't remember the exact error, but it was memory related, suggesting to delete files. I had to do at least 2 hard resets while trying to install it, so for now I rather wait before trying again! The first time I tried to set it up in RAM with 9MB available... the treo started the eternal loop after giving an error that there was not enough RAM. The second time I set it up on the SD card and then created a short cut... launched it and again got the eternal loop.

Brendan
    Quote Originally Posted by camaleo
    Hello!

This is not related to the Windows emulator, it's a Palm software with wine (the drink) scores, reviews and guide. Can you move this thread back in the Treo 650 section, since we are having problem with this software and the Palm 650 specifically, thanks?

I can't remember the exact error, but it was memory related, suggesting to delete files. I had to do at least 2 hard resets while trying to install it, so for now I rather wait before trying again! The first time I tried to set it up in RAM with 9MB available... the treo started the eternal loop after giving an error that there was not enough RAM. The second time I set it up on the SD card and then created a short cut... launched it and again got the eternal loop.

Brendan

I agree with you Brendan, move this back to the T650 forum where the darn thing belongs.

Anyway, just discovered something interesting. You don't mention Z launcher, but that is what I used to move it from RAM to the card. But, I noticed a little while agon that I had only 8 megs left ON MY SD CARD. I deleted some MP3s, now have 80 megs on the SD card, and the program runs again. Sure, it is quite slow to load from the card, but the only time I use it is when I am buying wine, so once open, it works fine. Anyway, don't know if this helps you, but I did get the software working again.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Well, Z launcher can be a confusing proram to use, and when I first starting using it, I used the file manager to move some files to RAM rather than the main program, and when you do that, then it doesn't set up one of the little RAM 10 kb "shortcuts" . Anyway, looks like I did that AND I then used Z launcher to move the program. As a result I have two sets of the three databases on the sd card. And it works!! ( As my daddy used to say, "Dale you screwed up just right!" )

RAM
    all I have here is the little 10 kb shortcut made by ZL

SD CARD ( 1 gb Lexar, the non 32x one, Sams, $69)

The first set was placed by ZL, here is the path:
    LEXAR
    --PALM
    ----PROGRAMS
    ------ZLAUNCHER
    --------APPS
    ----------Wine Guide
    (inside that folder is basics101.pdb, guidepdb,cachpdb,cellarpdb,glossarypdb, and the wine guide prc)

Now there is a second set in the following location ( how it got there I am not sure, probably I did it accidentally)

LEXAR
    --PALM
    ----LAUNCHER
    (in their I have copies of Wine buying guide,wine glossary, and wine reviews db)

One other thing, you have to have at least 8.8 megs of open RAM for it to run.

Anyway, hope this helps! Enjoy your wine
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    I just installed the Wine Enthusiast 2005 and it asks you if allows you to install the reviews file (1MB) to SD.