1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

For those that are interested; Compusa has lexar media 1 gb card for $59.99. You get an instant rebate of $20 dollars and then you get a $20 mail in rebate. For those that are interested. You get get it on line http://www.compusa.com/ or go to your local store.

Good luch on getting any rebates back from CompUSSR. Trust me, I used to work there.

...sorry to threadcrap.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Good luch on getting any rebates back from CompUSSR. Trust me, I used to work there.

...sorry to threadcrap.
    Not only was it not helpful, but you apparently can't read. A $20 INSTANT rebate from CompUSA, and a $20 mail-in rebate FROM LEXAR. An INSTANT rebate is just that.......it's taken out at the register.....there is nothing to get back from Comp USA. But then you know that, since you used to work there.....
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Not only was it not helpful, but you apparently can't read. A $20 INSTANT rebate from CompUSA, and a $20 mail-in rebate FROM LEXAR. An INSTANT rebate is just that.......it's taken out at the register.....there is nothing to get back from Comp USA. But then you know that, since you used to work there.....
    but we already knew that compusa employees aren't the brightest....
    I was a CompUSA employee...now I'm an IT Director...Obviously I know something
    Quote Originally Posted by mmunguia
    Hey guys,

For those that are interested; Compusa has lexar media 1 gb card for $59.99. You get an instant rebate of $20 dollars and then you get a $20 mail in rebate. For those that are interested. You get get it on line http://www.compusa.com/ or go to your local store.

Thanks for the post! You guys really need to chill. He's just trying to help and I appreciate that since I just lost my 1 gb card last week.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mmunguia
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the post!

You guys really need to chill. He's just trying to help and I appreciate that especially since I just lost my 1 gb card last week.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I was checking out CompUSA and the actual price for the card itself is $99.99 . Shopping cart shows $79.99 (-$20 instant rebate applied). It's not available at the store, only for delivery. Doesn't leave much wiggle room, but it's still a good deal.. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Actually, I think it is always helpful to hear from store (ex)employees.

CompUSA is indeed, a nightmare. I won't go into the stories.

Most rebates are scams (I boycott them), unless they are instant rebates.

So, consider the price to be $30, and be happy.

If you happen to have the free time and energy to make photocopies of everything, hope that the U.S. postal service doesn't "lose" your ORIGINAL rebate material (which seems to happen so much more often than they lose anything else), and follow up with one or two phone calls - then you may indeed be rewarded with an additional $20. How much profit this may be for you when you take your time, copying costs, and postage into account is known only by you.

If Lexar and CompUSA really wanted you to have it for $10, then they would sell it to you for $10.

They don't want you to get that price, but if you manage to get it, I would say you got an awesome deal.
    Not to add to this flame, but CompUsa (in San Jose, California) did two wonderful things for me:
    I bought a $700 5-in-1 printer with a two-year service (replacement) contract. As part of the deal, I got a $100 gift card. A year later, my wallet was stolen with the gift card. After explaining to the corporate customer service that gift cards don't expire in California, they traced the card number and replaced the $60 that was left on the card. The next year, this printer died with one week left on the two-year warranty. No questions asked, they replaced the printer for free with an upgraded model because mine was discontinued. I happily invested in another $80 warranty on the new one, although I am generally against extended warranties.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.