Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody got a picture guide showing the guts for the 650?

I want to open mine up.

One reason is I want to put in a screen protector on the screen from the inside with ease. I DO currently have a protector on however the process was NOT easy and i have bubbles.

I am planning on using an oversized protector such as the IPAQ ones then folding the extra protector plastic to the side.

Another reason is so i can learn stuff about the unit.

At this time, ((While i hate to admit it)) I feel paranoid when it comes to using my unit. I am rather cautious when i handle it and sway away from using it unless i really have to afraid i might accidently scratch the screen or do something stupid.

Considering i cancelled my home phone making this unit my pramiry phone i'd like this paranoia to go away.

In any case if anyone has some good pictures I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by twocows; 12/20/2004 at 12:08 AM.
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Hey,Hey !!
    You do n't need to do exploratory laprotomy on your relatively healthy T 650 for minor reasons.
    The FCC website shows it all. Please check this thread and internal pictures on FCC website
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66732
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. It doesnt show much screen shots though.

by the way. any other paranoid freeks around like myself? hehe

Just insure the damn thing with lockline and use it. It cost too much money to not use it. You gotta play with it A LOT to keep the per use cost down.
  5.    #5  
    grr. those pics kinda suck.

in any case. it appears that getting to the screen part is rather difficult. i have to rip EVERYTHING out. i wish they would have made an Ejectable screen. apply protector then insert screen.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg

Just insure the damn thing with lockline and use it. It cost too much money to not use it. You gotta play with it A LOT to keep the per use cost down.
    lockline?
    Last edited by twocows; 12/20/2004 at 12:08 AM.
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Quote Originally Posted by twocows
    lockline?
    yes ask your sprint dealer to put insurance on the phone they changed it 2 different types both of them together cost 5 bucks a month. One part extends manufactures warranty beyond the year and will replace it for $10 the other part is for mishaps like lost or stolen, ran over, etc... it cost $35 dollars(I think) for the replacement

Anyway go to sprint and have them add it to your plan. Well worth it
  8.    #8  
    sxtg, so that means $10 extra a month and they'll immediately replace it no questions asked?
    Last edited by twocows; 12/19/2004 at 11:49 PM.
    He said "both of them together cost 5 bucks a month". That's $5 total, $5 from you each month.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    He said "both of them together cost 5 bucks a month". That's $5 total, $5 from you each month.

This is correct its a TOTAL of $5 bucks extra each month... and they replace it.
    I have never bought any of that replacement insurance. I went through 4 treo 600's last year. Got them replaced at the Sprint store each time with no questions asked the last time it was even out of the yr warranty period (unless they go by the last treo replacement and not the original treos purchase date). they come with a one year warranty the only reason you would need the extra insurance is if it were lost or broken and your fault. Guess maybe its worth $5 a month for that piece of mind.
    Last edited by jayzee; 12/20/2004 at 09:21 AM.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I have never bought any of that replacement insurance. I went through 4 treo 600's last year. Got them replaced at the Sprint store each time with no questions asked the last time it was even out of the yr warranty period (unless they go by the last treo replacement and not the original treos purchase date). they come with a one year warrantly why would you need to buy extra insurance.

A Fool and their money will soon be what?
    Yes they come with a one yr warranty but that doesn't cover Lost, stolen or broken from dropping it. The extra insurance covers this

The insurance says you can open up the unit and break it and still get it paid for??????? You sure about that? Cool insurance...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    The insurance says you can open up the unit and break it and still get it paid for??????? You sure about that? Cool insurance...

Where did I say that

Thats just being rediculous!
    Where did I say that

Thats just being rediculous!
    Twocows wants to open his unit up. You suggested he get insurance. What am I missing.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

The insurance was in response to his question about being paranoid to use it. Which by the way was the reason he wanted to open it up (to get a good screen protector on it).

I don't recomend opening it just for screen protection. He should get the kind that slide in like Nushield.
    The insurance was in response to his question about being paranoid to use it. Which by the way was the reason he wanted to open it up (to get a good screen protector on it).

I don't recomend opening it just for screen protection. He should get the kind that slide in like Nushield.
    Gotcha.... My bad... need more coffee..

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Gotcha.... My bad... need more coffee..

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    NP enjoy the java!
    This is what I was told from my Sprint rep.....I could purposefully place it behind my car tire and back up, I could throw it in a lake, I could use it for target practice, whatever....as long as I had insurance and found it within reason to pay the $35 deductible, lock\line would provide me with ANOTHER treo
    Wow,
    Now if a person were to convert their Treo650 from Sprint to Verizon, could he contact Lockline on his own (via their website) and get the same insurance without going through Sprint?
    Last edited by Markito; 12/20/2004 at 12:01 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast