Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    can you get Sprint/lockline insurance to cover the Vienna channel purchased T650?
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    can you get Sprint/lockline insurance to cover the Vienna channel purchased T650?
    Yes, but there will probably be a 30 day period from when you add it to when it becomes active.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    This is what I was told from my Sprint rep.....I could purposefully place it behind my car tire and back up, I could throw it in a lake, I could use it for target practice, whatever....as long as I had insurance and found it within reason to pay the $35 deductible, lock\line would provide me with ANOTHER treo

Someone show me this in writing! Insurance companies would go out of business this way.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  4.    #24  
    man oh man. you guys are way off topic.

well, close for the most part.

so here it is again.... anybody got any good pics (NOT THE FCC pics) ?
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    I would think unless your plan is to reverse engineer the 650, the FCC pics do show the insides as good as PalmOne is going to let you see them. They are not going to put up pictures that give away every aspect of the phone to their competitors. Since the battery is now removeable, I doubt anyone on this forum will need to take apart the device as this was the main reason people disassembled the 600 for.
  6.    #26  
    Inichols: Ok. you got a link to 600 pics?
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I was considering opening mine up to darken the keyboard lights. I figured a marker would dim it enough. Now that a app has been released that turns the light off I am less motivated.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Quote Originally Posted by twocows
    Inichols: Ok. you got a link to 600 pics?
    Nope. I have seen them before though.
    hi big "new b" here,
    I have been lurking all over this site all year.

I just traded in my 3rd T600 for a T650 at the new sprint store in Lomita, CA. and it only took like five minutes of whining to get this one as a free replacement.

ok so,
    like the fool I am I decided to goto the electronics store and buy a "T5" bit
    and rip it open.

so I opened it up and looked in side, lots different than the T600 and the kyocera 6035 that I have been inside of many a time. anyway I digress,
    but I have had the T650 open like three or four times with no prob.....

until tonight I opened it up to adjust the bubbles under the protector,
    and when I put it back together no more mic. after taking it apart again I found out that the mic has VERY FRAGILE contacts that can, and will snap like a twig if you aren't VERY VERY carefull.
    so I had to make a new contact out of 22gage brass wire, that dosen't fully fix my problem all the way, but does allow me to have my voice capabilites back. the only remaning problem is that I can not tighten the the bottom right screw all the way or back to dead mic.

so remember to BE CAREFULL boys & girls when playing with your toys.

"or face the same fate you will"
    trgPRO/kyocera6035/treo600/650/700/755P, palm pixi, htc Evo4G
    I put a screen proctector on it the first time I opened it up.
    ok
  11.    #31  
    Trg6035,

Thank you.

Was it easy to put on the protector with the screen fully exposed? what kind did you use?

any pics?
    not the most capable with this whole posting thing. and this is the first try at posting from the mobile site. last 2 were from treo.tc, and I can't figure out how to quote, yet. but this is my only computer of any kind that I have at my apartment and also the only camera here as well so, no sorry,
    yo, no pics. but I do have a pic of my broken part. and this is funny I was trying to take pics of the problem area with the treo apart but holding the battery to the borad and turning the screen around was to difficult and I got a couple taken but even with the NVFS if the battery comes unconnected while the pic is trying to save it won't.
    oh yeah for got about which screen protector, I used the belkin F8E714 for the palm m100 that the "99 only" stores have in a 10 or 12 pack that I bought at the same time I got my belkin usb / 12 volt car charger. and yes only 99. yes I am VERY CHEAP, but I am newly married and unemployed so there you go.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by trg6035
    I used the belkin F8E714 for the palm m100 that the "99 only" stores have in a 10 or 12 pack that I bought at the same time I got my belkin usb / 12 volt car charger. and yes only 99. yes I am VERY CHEAP, but I am newly married and unemployed so there you go.
    hehe couldnt help but stumble in a mini laugh when i read that line.
    yet can afford a treo 650
    read my first post....
    you cow, j/k :-)
    anyway man yep
    I got it free as a replacement for my 600 and I got my 600 as a replacment for my sprint kyocera 6035 that got at compUSA for $75 with $150 mail in rebate.
    so really have been paid to have the phone if getting 75 #)8:4 sorry 75 bucks three years ago counts. like I said VERY CHEAP!
    oh the belkin screem protector went on great and I didn't even trim it, I just sort of centered it top to bottom and let it hang over on each end, and the width was fine. works great. had this one on for like 3 hours and all the bubbles are already gone.
    read my first post....
    you cow, j/k :-)
    anyway man yep
    I got it free as a replacement for my 600 and I got my 600 as a replacment for my sprint kyocera 6035 that got at compUSA for $75 with $150 mail in rebate.
    so really have been paid to have the phone if getting 75 #)8:4 sorry 75 bucks three years ago counts. like I said VERY CHEAP!
    oh the belkin screem protector went on great and I didn't even trim it, I just sort of centered it top to bottom and let it hang over on each end, and the width was fine. works great. had this one on for like 3 hours and all the bubbles are already gone.

don't know if it just sent or not and the "text entry" window doesn't give me any reason to have faith in it so. i'll try again
    No offense, but this has to be one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen. "Let's open up our $600 device in order to better install a 20 cent screen protector".

Spend about $12 for a great screen protector (like a Martin Fields overlay for example, but there are others). No bubbles, last forever, and if you are careful to avoid dust when installing you can't even tell it's there.

Really some very messed up priorities here.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    if it ain't broke.......

I haven't played with it enough yet.
  18.    #38  
    and yet you have the power to skip on and move to the next thread ...
    i was rather surprised no one (until now) voiced their thoughts like you did bcaslis.

I take it you're one of the two:

1) have 0 curiousity ... opening my treo wont just allow me to install a screen protector THE EASY WAY but it will show me the internals. that part is worth it for me! seeing the inner guts.

2) dont give a rats *** about a $600 device cause you got enough $$ to replace the screen which will probably cost $150+ to replace.

in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    No offense, but this has to be one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen. "Let's open up our $600 device in order to better install a 20 cent screen protector".
    your comment is offensive. thank you and have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Someone show me this in writing! Insurance companies would go out of business this way.
    First of all, it's $50 deductable (I know, I recently paid it to replace my 600, even though I ended up with a 650). There was a deductable increase earlier this year.

Secondly, you're restricted to 2 replacements per year. Now, add it up. If you replace one, you spent $110 to do so. I'm sure the actual cost of the unit isn't much more. You replace two, you spent $160 to do so. They probably lost money on that deal, but then factor in how many people never use it, and they make money.

I've had the protection since shortly after dropping my Treo 300 in a bowl of gumbo 2 years ago. The other day was my first time to use it. That's $170. Good deal for me, but I suspect they didn't lose any money either.

BTW, this time my 600 ended up in the bilge of my boat on a windy day.
    whew you are not lying about that deductible, $50 !! WTF. just imagine if you got one of those free Nokia or Sanyo phones and didn't even have to pay for your phone to begin with... ouch
    "I have to return some videotapes."
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast