1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm forgetting how, but on my now-retired Treo 300 there was a week view in the calendar. The screen showed all 7 days with the events in words (rather than the 650's 7-column "occupied time" view).

I looked back at my 300's apps and saw DateBook+. Could this be where it's coming from, and has anyone tried to replicate that weekly calendar view? It was my absolute favorite and was easily the most useful for me; with 4 kids, Scouts, band/choir, and work, it's the easiest way to figure out where I needed to be and when.

Any help is appreciated...
    Hey, Dave -

The week view was removed in the 650. It was in the 600, but they switched it out. I purchased Datebook 5, which is a great and inexpensive calendar substitute. It contains the week view you're used to, and works great with the 650. There are also many more functions than appeared in Datebook +.

It's available on Handango -

Happy holidays!
    LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  3.    #3  
    That's exactly it, and like you said I bet the other features would make it a must-have (that, and 189,000 downloaders can't be wrong)...

Arigato gozaimasu!
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    You can get weekview for free from pimlico. Download the latest version specifically for the 650. Datebook 5+ is outta control...
  5.    #5  
    For giggles, I headed over to PalmOne's support forum and found, amongst other links, this one that explains what they did on the 650 (how the calendar is more like the Tungsten's):

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,CASE=obj(12590)

However, it appears that you can tap on the "bars" in the weekly column view and it will pop up the details of the item.

I bet if they took a poll, lots of people would say their favorite view is the weekly one.

In the mean time, I think I've come to appreciate the Agenda view, even tough it's a little short-sighted.
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Weekview from Pimlico:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I was playing around with my BT sync function and downloaded this Week program, which I feel is better and more option rich including many cool icons (and it's free):

Description:
    A weekly organizer for the built-in Datebook and To Do applications.
    Also available in other languages.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by davecombs
    Maybe I'm forgetting how, but on my now-retired Treo 300 there was a week view in the calendar. The screen showed all 7 days with the events in words (rather than the 650's 7-column "occupied time" view).

I looked back at my 300's apps and saw DateBook+. Could this be where it's coming from, and has anyone tried to replicate that weekly calendar view? It was my absolute favorite and was easily the most useful for me; with 4 kids, Scouts, band/choir, and work, it's the easiest way to figure out where I needed to be and when.

Any help is appreciated...
    I'm not sure if you know this, but the new built-in week view can show you the text of the events in a week if you navigate using the 5-way navigator to the day/event of interest. Of course, you can also click on the events for details. Not the same as what you are referring to, but a nice addition to the similar old view.
    My complaint with the standard datebook is I can't set every new appointment to automatically include a "timer/alarm". The functionality has to be there somewhere, can someone help me out?