Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    i cant get my ## feature to work any more and in filez that file phone_sprc has a micro chip next to it and wount let me delete please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THe prc you loaded was Phone_logo, not Phone_sprc. You need to delete the one you dowloaded from the other thread and then install one from here and you'll be a happy camper.
    I've been bouncing in and out of this thread for a while. From what I gather, the prc's are being assembled on a mac using prcedit? And that the windows version is so counterintuitive as to prompt one to entertain the though of biting his own ear off. Is there a prog for Linux that'd allow me to build the prc's or are we reduced to buggin the living hell out of the few individuals that are currently doing the builds?
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    shouldn't the devil in your avatar be Bill Gate?
    I love that avatar.

The devil is the FreeBSD mascot "chuck".

As one who has FreeBSD on his zd7020 laptop with all hardware working including the built-in wi-fi. Well, but not the conexant modem or the ENE 4-in-1 card-reader, but then again, to make up for that I have two things working that no one else even physically has at all, built-in mic and a stereo line-in jack.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    I wish someone would have answered the question about what are the "## codes etc."

I thought the original question and some others were clear enough but the only responses were kinda ____ like:
    Q: "What are ## codes?"
    A: "They're ## codes."

So I'll ask again/also..

What are "## codes" ?
    * when/where do you enter them?
    * what exactly do you enter?
    * what is the list of all known codes that could be entered?
    * what are they supposed to do when entered?

Same goes for any other "features" the replacement dialer app is supposed to have "un-hidden".

I love the splash screens, but these comments about the extra features make no sense to me unless someone explains just a leeeetle bit more about them than merely saying that they exist.

Thanks!
    Code:
    Okay, here's the 4-1-1...

The ## codes are codes which are used for programming your phone and for gathering information about it. The are used on the dialpad by dialing ##(code)# or ##(code)<dial>. If you were to call customer service with a problem, for instance, they might have you enter some of these codes. You also need them if you're going to do some advanced-level programming of your phone, such as setting it up to be used with Verizon.

There are other threads which list more of them, but a few examples are...

##66# (##ON#) - turns phone on
    ##633# (##OFF#) - turns phone off
    ##377# (##ERR#) - shows last error which occurred and which application it occurred in

Okay, so why were these being discussed? Well...

When you would look at the call log in the Treo 600, you could hit the Details button, and see the call duration for any specific call. For whatever reason, the 650 did not display the call duration. It turns out the information was there, just not visible.

So, some people used a patch that unveiled the call duration info. Unfortunately, one side effect of the patch was that your ## codes didn't work right.

The point of this entire thread was to provide a patch which would allow you to see call duration but still keep the ## codes working. Added to these patches were different splash screens (the screens that show up when you turn the phone on or off, for those people who didn't want to see the Sprint brand splash screens.
    Ahhhhh ok.
    Thanks very much for clearing that up MJ.
    Code:
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Okay, here's the 4-1-1...

The ## codes are codes which are used for programming your phone and for gathering information about it. The are used on the dialpad by dialing ##(code)# or ##(code)<dial>. If you were to call customer service with a problem, for instance, they might have you enter some of these codes. You also need them if you're going to do some advanced-level programming of your phone, such as setting it up to be used with Verizon.

There are other threads which list more of them, but a few examples are...

##66# (##ON#) - turns phone on
    ##633# (##OFF#) - turns phone off
    ##377# (##ERR#) - shows last error which occurred and which application it occurred in

Okay, so why were these being discussed? Well...

When you would look at the call log in the Treo 600, you could hit the Details button, and see the call duration for any specific call. For whatever reason, the 650 did not display the call duration. It turns out the information was there, just not visible.

So, some people used a patch that unveiled the call duration info. Unfortunately, one side effect of the patch was that your ## codes didn't work right.

The point of this entire thread was to provide a patch which would allow you to see call duration but still keep the ## codes working. Added to these patches were different splash screens (the screens that show up when you turn the phone on or off, for those people who didn't want to see the Sprint brand splash screens.
    Not to split hairs and even though this was a great explanation, I would like to give some back ground, the Sprint Treo600 also had no duration info displayed, it was hidden. Don't ask me why, I don't know. Someone made a patch that would bring this back on the Sprint Treo600 and also you could change the splash screen.
    There were two of them for the Sprint Treo600, one was a comlete redo of the Sprint one and was named Phone_SPCS and then there was a smaller one called Phone_Logo. The Phone_Logo was popular and it was just the name of the PRC because not all the Phone_logo prc were the same, some had different spalsh screens, just like Stewies.

The whole issue was when people started to try to use the Phone_Logo prc for the Sprint 600 on the Sprint 650 (I think it would even transfer over in the hotsync and I don't think P1 was really aware of this or they would of had their Sprint 650 setup find this and add it to the folder of uncompatable software), it would do some strange stuff, the custom spalsh screen that was on there would not display (as it did on the Sprint 600), but the OEM/default 650 screen would (the orange and white one) and not as obvouius was the lose of the ## functions so when you called to activate your phone and the rep asked you to enter the ##code to get it going it would never pull the screen up. Then you would go a round and round with the rep and try ##code# and ##code dial and so on and then the phone would be labled defective or if you were lucky you would do a hard reset and see that it worked and go from there. Hope this helps too, as did McJ's good reply.

here are two more ## codes that I know.
    ##33284 (DEBUG)
    ##786

Regards, Matt

Edit: Added Sprint to all the treo600 references in this to avoid confusion.
    Just one more question on the ## code topic.

How does one get OUT of DIAG mode without resetting?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy22
    Just one more question on the ## code topic.

How does one get OUT of DIAG mode without resetting?
    Just do ##DIAG# again. It will say "Passthrough disabled" or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Not to split hairs and even though this was a great explanation, I would like to give some back ground
    Thanks for filling in the gaps, Matt!
    Ok, a little help here? I started playing around in KHexEdit (Linux) and trying to figure out how to change the splash screen pictures. I started off using "Phoneapp_SPCS_Smiles.PRC" (from earlier in this thread) and the associated "smileon.jpg" and "smileoff.jpg". From what I can see, these 2 jpgs are in the PRC file one right after the other. So what I did was mark the beginning and end of each jpg in the prc and insert the hex from my own jpg in its place and then did the same with the second jpg. This resulted in a prc file that was 39.1KB in size as opposed to the original 79.4KB size file. I then saved it to a new file name. Next I removed the Phone_SPCS file that I HAD been using from RAM and then uploaded the one that I had created. The result was getting the default SprintPCS on and off screens. :\ What'd I miss? Obviously, my editing was faulty.

I tried using PRCEdit2 also. There are 4 jpeg references in the prc file. What's THAT all about? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Ok, a little help here? I started playing around in KHexEdit (Linux) and trying to figure out how to change the splash screen pictures. I started off using "Phoneapp_SPCS_Smiles.PRC" (from earlier in this thread) and the associated "smileon.jpg" and "smileoff.jpg". From what I can see, these 2 jpgs are in the PRC file one right after the other. So what I did was mark the beginning and end of each jpg in the prc and insert the hex from my own jpg in its place and then did the same with the second jpg. This resulted in a prc file that was 39.1KB in size as opposed to the original 79.4KB size file. I then saved it to a new file name. Next I removed the Phone_SPCS file that I HAD been using from RAM and then uploaded the one that I had created. The result was getting the default SprintPCS on and off screens. :\ What'd I miss? Obviously, my editing was faulty.

I tried using PRCEdit2 also. There are 4 jpeg references in the prc file. What's THAT all about? Any help would be appreciated.
    Make sure you are inserting them in the right places. The "on" splash screen is ID 6852, and the "off" is ID 6863.
    So how do I insert using PRCEdit2? I can cut, but can't seem to actuallt edit any of the hex.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    So how do I insert using PRCEdit2? I can cut, but can't seem to actuallt edit any of the hex.
    Sorry, I can give step-by-step instructions on using PalmFileEdit to do it on the Mac, but I have no experience using PRCEdit2 in Windows.
    Did I F*** this thing up?

I emailed myself the .prc file (scratch), accepted into applications, phone reset itself and is now in a constant reset loop!? i.e. Palm 1 splash screen, Palm powered, Enable local network time, select "done", resets itself

Please help!

I just upgraded from my 600 and got everything transferred! haven't loaded the software yet!

am i screwed?

Thanks,
    Dave

Edit** I just messed around with it and took my life into my own hands, I was deleting and re-installing like a mad-man! everything now is as it should be, hello scratch...

that is all
    Last edited by Dcox20; 01/19/2005 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Update
    Can someone do a Linux / Tux theme?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownflem
    Can someone do a Linux / Tux theme?
    If you will provide the pictures (in jpg) you want for your radio on and off screens, I will be happy to make the install file for you. The pics should be 320 x 320

There are some fun Tux pics at http://lwn.net/Gallery/ The attached pic is a nice one...Tux holding a telephone...there's even room across the top for text.

And how cute are these guys?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 01/19/2005 at 10:34 PM.
    Well, I'm hoping to see this made into one. I'd like to see something added in the black area if we have any artists (esp Korean.) Otherwise, plain as it is would be better than nothing.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Well, I'm hoping to see this made into one. I'd like to see something added in the black area if we have any artists (esp Korean.) Otherwise, plain as it is would be better than nothing.
    Here it is with the pic as-is (plus call duration, totals, ## codes). If someone wants to add text, I'd be happy to re-do it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here's 2 that I've been TRYING to do on my own (Company Logos), but have been unable to get right.........could you? pretty please?
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast