Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    OK, so I'm using PRCedit 1.0 B2. I see the ID for the two jpegs you're talking about, but how do I actually edit it to choose the pictures that I want?

Also, please excuse my ignorance.

Bryan
    I guess I should have refreshed before posting!
    What's a good Winblows program to convert a photo to ASCII?

Bryan
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    What's a good Winblows program to convert a photo to ASCII?

Bryan
    Try Notepad.
    hope this post works.. screens for the treo from famly guy..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm so confused. I hate anything to do with programming, but I would really like to learn this kind of stuff. When I open an existing PRC to edit the "on" and "off" screens, I can't edit it, nor can I add a new one and delete the existing.

Any Windows gurus using PRCedit 1.0 B2 to change this stuff? Maybe a small little how to? For me? PLEEEEASE!?

Bryan
    I have tried several of these and I must be doing something wrong. All I get is the Palmone screen with welcome or goodbye. I mean it is changed...no more spcs screens but I can't seem to get any of these others working.

Any ideas?
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmodine
    I have tried several of these and I must be doing something wrong. All I get is the Palmone screen with welcome or goodbye. I mean it is changed...no more spcs screens but I can't seem to get any of these others working.

Any ideas?
    All you have to do is delete the Phone_SPCS file (without the microchip icon next to it) using the program FileZ. You will need to do this each time you want to change your screens.
    What does ## send do on the 650?

Thanks!

A
    Stewie,
    Thanks for the spashes. They are great!!!

Can the palmone screens be changed? Like after a reset?
    "To get a new screen mod to work you need to delete the Phone_SPCS out of RAM."

When I try to delete this file it gives me an error.

Error: km: ROM based in
    Item::remove() c

All of the Phone_SPCS files have microchips next to them. Am I missing something or are the files put into my phone differently (I'm from Vienna Channels).

birdieman54
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Mark, I enabled this menu recently, it was not a option in the 600. It's meant for GSM users only, but the minutes usage is correct. the data on the other hand is meant for GPRS use...
    Forgive my ignorance - so that means it will never show the data right?
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    Forgive my ignorance - so that means it will never show the data right?
    Unless you get the GSM version when it comes out from what it sounds like.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijiman
    Stewie,
    Thanks for the spashes. They are great!!!

Can the palmone screens be changed? Like after a reset?
    Not sure on that one. That would be a ROM hack and I am not very good at those. You might want to check with Shadowmite.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewp75
    What does ## send do on the 650?

Thanks!

A
    Not sure what you are asking here.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by birdieman54
    "To get a new screen mod to work you need to delete the Phone_SPCS out of RAM."

When I try to delete this file it gives me an error.

Error: km: ROM based in
    Item::remove() c

All of the Phone_SPCS files have microchips next to them. Am I missing something or are the files put into my phone differently (I'm from Vienna Channels).

birdieman54
    Have you installed a screen mod before, or is this your first one?
    This is the my first screen mod.
  18.    #138  
    This is the my first screen mod.
    Your using a Treo 650? if so it should install just like any other prc file (Palm app). Which one are you trying to install?
    Ok, I was confused. I thought I needed to delete a file before I loaded the first screen mod. It is working now. Currently using the Homer file. Thanks for the help!

birdieman54
    Ok, I was confused. I thought I needed to delete a file before I loaded the first screen mod. It is working now. Currently using the Homer file. Thanks for the help!

birdieman54
    RAM always overrides ROM from what I remember reading on the forum.
    The 650 comes with an image file in ROM already. If you install one in RAM, the system will look at that for the startup screens.
    As far as deleting, you only need to delete the one in RAM if you have installed one in RAM yourself. If there is only the original in ROM, load up the custom file and you are ready to go.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast