Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    TechSounds was a Hackmaster extension that enabled this...as far as I can tell, a new version hasn't been released in a long while, so I have no idea if it will work on the Treo.
    Any Dilbert fans out there willing to help making a Dilbert Splash screen? It would be cool to have one where Dilbert shows a PDA (Power on) and one where he loses his PDA and panics (Power OFF)

Any body?

Al
    Will this work on the Cingular T650?
    Last edited by TX76Mike; 02/07/2005 at 01:10 PM.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Any source for Verizon screens. I'm sure some of the Sprint to Verizon T650'ers have it.
    Anyone?

Want to make sure this does not mess up the GSM 650 if I use the SPCS Splash Screens posted here. They do look neat!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike
    Will this work on the Cingular T650?
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Is there an application I can download to create my own images?

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Is there an application I can download to create my own images?

Thanks,

Al
    Ayasin provided some step-by-step instructions in this thread.
    I DL'ed and installed PhoneApp_SPCS_Peter.prc to my T650, used Filez to delete the Phone_SPCS file that didn't have the microchip (actually, I moved it to my SD card), and did a soft reset. No change. What step am I missing to get the new splash screen to appear?
    here's mine. I made it. thought other might like it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcc
    here's mine. I made it. thought other might like it...
    Sweet!!!! Had to DL that one!
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by copwriter
    I DL'ed and installed PhoneApp_SPCS_Peter.prc to my T650, used Filez to delete the Phone_SPCS file that didn't have the microchip (actually, I moved it to my SD card), and did a soft reset. No change. What step am I missing to get the new splash screen to appear?

did you rename PhoneApp_SPCS_Peter.prc to PhoneApp>SPCS.prc before soft reset???
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    First off I want to thank those that were kind enough to share this Mod with us; Stewie, Shadowmite, etc... all those involved. Its a great modification.

However, ever since I installed a new splash screen PRC on my treo 650 GSM ive noticed a few changes on my dialpad screen. And please forgive me if someone else brought up this topic previously, I havnt checked through the thread. But ever since then Ive noticed an icon that looks like crosshairs with a red slash through it, and a full color envelope icon where my "voicemail" symbol used to be (on the #1 button). The new voicemail icon doesnt concern me as much as the "crosshairs with the red slash" symbol does. Is there any significance to these icons? The manual has no reference to these symbols so I imagine it was included with the splash screen logo.

Any info would help
    The Mod you downloaded is probably Sprint specific. I'm sure someone will eventually hack the GSM version as well.

The crosshairs w/ the red slash is for the locator (GPS in CDMA phones) service. In a Sprint phone it would mean you have turned Privacy Mode on so that programs that your phone could not be tracked by programs that utilize the locator service (except for E911...that overrides the privacy setting.)

Not sure about the envelope, in the upper left corner I have a color envelope that indicates text messages. My VM icon is around the center if I recall (no waiting VM right now to check.)

If you're truly concerned, just delete the file from RAM.....the one in ROM will begin working again.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    did you rename PhoneApp_SPCS_Peter.prc to PhoneApp>SPCS.prc before soft reset???
    Well, now I'm really confused. I went back to rename the fille (hadn't done that the first time), and I don't even see a file that starts with PhoneApp. The closest is a 160K file titled Phone_SPCS. The old Sprint splash screens are still coming up.
    Just to be clear: DO NOT use the overlays intended for Sprint phones on GSM phones. I don't know specifically what the differences are, but this is where Sprint does it's thing to customize the user interface and phone features. It's a safe bet the some of Sprint's customizing will cause problems on GSM phones, and that the loss of Cingular's customizing probably isn't a good thing either.

Second, there can be only 1 phone overlay file installed in RAM at any given time. Well, actually you can have more than one, but there's no way to predict which will get used. It doesn't matter what the external name of the file is called. But the internal name (which is what shows up in FileZ or ZLauncher's file manager) MUST be Phone_SPCS. So if you're trying to delete a phone overlay you installed previously, you should delete Phone_SPCS.

The original phone overlay file is in ROM, and can't be deleted. In FileZ, it's the one with the little bug (chip) next to it. If you try to delete a file and get a message that it can't be deleted, it's probably the ROM version.

Finally, if you have a Phone_SPCS in *RAM* and it's not working, try deleting it and re-installing it. If it still doesn't work, the file must be corrupt, or the creator of the file made a mistake.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    i cant get my ## feature to work any more and in filez that file phone_sprc has a micro chip next to it and wount let me delete please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The one with the microchip next to it is the original phone overlay from Sprint. You can't delete it. You also can't (easily) put one of these custom overlays in ROM. So if you have TWO Phone_SPCS files, delete the one that isn't in ROM and try again. If you only have the ROM copy, try doing a soft reset and see if your ## codes come back.
    Bob Meyer
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Is this process similar to what is necessary to change the look of the dialpad buttons?
    Yes. At least it should be.

I haven't looked at the 650 yet, but on the 600 the phone buttons were in the same overlay file. There's a discussion somewhere in this (very long) thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...y+aqua+buttons

about how to make the changes. Also note that there are two images for each phone button, one for button up and another for button down. And IIRC, there were different resources for the * and # buttons than for the other buttons. Looking at the dialpad on the 650, that may no longer be true.

I think this file also has the resources for the favorites buttons if you want to try to change those. The versions of prcEdit posted on Shadowmite's site should enable you to play with all of these resources.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 02/08/2005 at 09:22 AM.
    Bob Meyer
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    You also can't (easily) put one of these custom overlays in ROM.
    I beg to differ...
    I just tossed in my custom splach screen in Shadowmites ROM Tool and all is good. I have one Phone_SPCS, in ROM, and it is mine.

Forgive me, if that is what you meant by not easily. Easy for me, may not be easy for others.
    Yup, mine's in ROM too.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcc
    I beg to differ...
    I just tossed in my custom splach screen in Shadowmites ROM Tool and all is good. I have one Phone_SPCS, in ROM, and it is mine.

Forgive me, if that is what you meant by not easily. Easy for me, may not be easy for others.

Yes, I'm aware of that path. But my comment was aimed primarily at users who were having some difficulty simply getting the overlay file to work at all. It's hard to inadvertantly move the modified overlay file into ROM.

And yes, I'd say that for most users, modifying the ROM, even with Shadowmite's tool, is not something to be taken lightly or considered easy, even though I've modified mine. Besides, it's too much fun to change the startup / shutdown images from time to time, so I'd just as soon keep mine in RAM. It's not THAT big.
    Bob Meyer
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast