1.    #1  
    I just wrapped up a review at hofo comparing the XDA II Mini/i-mate Jam to another device. You can see here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=519561

How many would be interested in seeing the XDA II Mini aka i-mate Jam go head to head with the Treo 650? If so, what would you like to see compared? Any subjects you wish to focus on? Thanks for your help and input.

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    Great review! Very thorough. I'd love to see you compare the 650.
    I would also greatly value such a comparison.

I've found this board a little bit touchy, though, on comparisons between Pocket PC and Treos.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66009
  4.    #4  
    Well, first of all I've been a HUGE fan of the Treo 600, I've owned two of them...CDMA and GSM versions. I'am just trying to get ideas on what people would like to see in a review. Based on hardware, at least on paper, the i-mate Jam would win..hands down. Any moron can say this wins and this looses. When I used my Treo 600 it wasn't about the speed, or super advanced features...it was simplicity, ease of use, battery life, excellent keyboard and (with mine anyway) rock solid build quality. What aspects do you consider when purchasing a Treo 6xxx? Thanks for your input!

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    I'm looking for good ergonomics, good feel in the hand, easy functionalities, voice and hand writing recognition ... chosing between the 650 and the mini, afrocream opts for the mini? interesting device, really is quite tempting ...
    compare the mini with the 650:

http://mobile.softpedia.com/phoneCompare/874
    Two big problems come to mind. First, the Jam has no keyboard, and second, it has only three bands instead of four. Will it even work in most places?
    with smart voice and also write recognition the keyboard becomes a thingy of the past
  9.    #9  

great shots afrocream - so whats your personal take? you miss the keyboard on the mini?

is it metal or "feelalike" around the mini's body?

the mini is smaller, lighter ... hmm ... and is wi-fi capable ...
    I vote for the O2
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    great shots afrocream - so whats your personal take? you miss the keyboard on the mini?

is it metal or "feelalike" around the mini's body?

the mini is smaller, lighter ... hmm ... and is wi-fi capable ...
    Yes, the lack of a keyboard is a downer. That's one of the things I missed most about my Treo 600. The Mini/i-mate jam feels metallic...almost like a ipod mini.

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing those pics Afrocreame!

The imate iJam looks sooo sweet! If I hadn't gotten the VC discount on the 650, I seriously think I might have ordered one of these instead. However, for now I think I want to stay with a palmos smartphone and get something like the Axim X50v as my main pda...

Anyway, as previously stated one of the biggested weakness of the iJam is the lack of keyboard etc. However I think a thumbboard in a device that size would be a bit too cramped, especially if it were the same slider design of the Blue Angel. Instead I think it would be awesome if there was a slider numeric keypad similar to many other mobiles out there. That would be a perfect fit imo for the iJam making alot more phone-like...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions