1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried to install the e-mail application from their Treo 600? I haven't gotten VersaMail to alert me consistantly like it should (does it when it feels like it). I never had any issues with the Mail application on the Treo 600. I don't feel like I should by SnapperMail to get the functionality that I had before I upgraded.

So does the old Mail application work?
    I asked this same question on the 12/14 and got no response. I currently use this app on my 600 too, and while it is not fancy, it does its job very well and trouble free. I was one of the first CDMA users who put this app on the CDMA model since it originally only came with the GSM version. I got the installation PRC from someone else. Hopefully I still have this PRC, but I would be very concerned about loading it on the 650 since I think it installed it into the ROM. May be good to try on the 650 emulator though.
    Just found the PRC. I will try to download the 650 emulator when I get home from work and see if works. I have heard the Versamail nightmares and want something stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    I asked this same question on the 12/14 and got no response. I currently use this app on my 600 too, and while it is not fancy, it does its job very well and trouble free. I was one of the first CDMA users who put this app on the CDMA model since it originally only came with the GSM version. I got the installation PRC from someone else. Hopefully I still have this PRC, but I would be very concerned about loading it on the 650 since I think it installed it into the ROM. May be good to try on the 650 emulator though.
    I have the GSM port over that was not in ROM, let me know and I'll try to dig it up. Just remember, the attachment file grows and grows in size on the HS client. I think all three builds are this way. There was the Origianl GSM version, a beta after the fact Sprint patch (from HS), and then it came with the ROM update in V1.30 I think too. PM me if you need it.
    I have the installer prc that one of the other SW developers got from HS back in October of 03, I thought it put it in the ROM, but I could have been wrong. Will try to get to it this evening if I get the time and can download the simulator.
    Any progress on this?
    Yes, please look into this and report back.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    bump bump bump.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Ok the beta version was posted on the handspring site, i had downloaded it and saved it, and have been using it with no problems on my 650... Works great! What you should do as soon as you install it on your 650 is back up the file that grows, to you SD card... you can then overright the growing file on your device every few weeks, and get your memory back without having to re input all your settings...

Installer is included below. now what some one needs to do is get the release version from the rom on the treo 600 so we dont have this growing file problem... I sold my 600 on ebay, so i dont have the abality to do it... maybe using fileZ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by horsmanp; 01/14/2005 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks! I also sold my 600 on ebay so I don'r have access to it. perhaps someone can disassemble the 1.10 rom update on palmon'e website to retreive it.
    Sounds like a job for the ultimate Treo hacker.....
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I PMed him and asked if he could remove the files form the 600 Rom...