Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    I find it pretty stable. There is about a 2 sec lag answering the call when you have gif caller ID enabled though.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    you can have any size. Lightwav will resize to fit the entire screen unlike the Phone app it only shows haf of screen. But for GIF you must scale it down to fit the screen.
    This was not my experience. On my T600 I had a bunch of jpgs rendered at 160x160 (native resolution) but these showed up quite small in the center of the screen. If I changed the resolution to 320x320 (or higher) the image would fill the screen.

As for stability: it is quite stable for me. There are some things I really like about the new interface and some frustrations. The biggest (described many times on the thread) is the inability to associate a sound with a contact (instead of just phone numbers for a contact). Major pain. More minor is the fact that area code locations don't show up for callers not in your address book. Makes that capability pretty useless in my opinion. KoolAlarms apparently only looks to the \Audio directory...again, a minor annoyance.

Finally, there should be a better way to navigate your call list. It would be nice to type the letters of the name instead of tapping the little arrows to page down and up....

dave
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    it seems stable although this sms ringtone thing is killin me
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy4040
    This was not my experience. On my T600 I had a bunch of jpgs rendered at 160x160 (native resolution) but these showed up quite small in the center of the screen. If I changed the resolution to 320x320 (or higher) the image would fill the screen.

As for stability: it is quite stable for me. There are some things I really like about the new interface and some frustrations. The biggest (described many times on the thread) is the inability to associate a sound with a contact (instead of just phone numbers for a contact). Major pain. More minor is the fact that area code locations don't show up for callers not in your address book. Makes that capability pretty useless in my opinion. KoolAlarms apparently only looks to the \Audio directory...again, a minor annoyance.

Finally, there should be a better way to navigate your call list. It would be nice to type the letters of the name instead of tapping the little arrows to page down and up....

dave
    Dave, all your issues are fixed in 5.1. as for KAlarms you can specify any folder for your sounds files. make sure you get the latest.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Is there a post I am missing about Koolalarm and Snappermail? I cannot seem to get a wav to play when Snapper receives a message...Also, has there been a new verson on Lightwav/Koolalarm in the last week? I have had an email problem.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by charliec; 02/02/2005 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Spell
    Charliec
    Dave, all your issues are fixed in 5.1. as for KAlarms you can specify any folder for your sounds files. make sure you get the latest.
    There's a 5.1 now?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. bsm
    Where do we find V5.1?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    an option in the program itself to check for and download updates(even manually) would be a really nice feature. like pocket tunes has
  9.    #169  
    version 5.1 is now available.

5.1 Changes
    -----------

- Added support for AeroPlayer. You will need version 5.1 and higher.
    Goto the Sound Prefs and select the audio player.

- Changed new ringer structure. You will need to delete old Lightwav
    before you install version 5.1.

- Modified ringer to handle multiple phone numbers in the same contact.
    This will allow you to assign a single ringtone for all the phone numbers.

- Added Random ringtone

- Fixed the SMS bug for the From: field. Before if you have a filer like
    123-456-7890 it wont filter

- Added support for short key cuts in the main screen.
    - Fixed CallerID info. If you dont have custom callerID picture the
    city name will now displayed properly. This is for North America cities only.

- Fixed the bug with Cover up sound.

click here www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I haven't gotten an email yet
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    me either..cant upgrade without the email
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I haven't gotten an email yet
    you should already have the email from the last update. use that link.
    I deleted my last email. Can you please resend it?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    me too, please resend
    Got it. Thanks. I'll let you know if I run into anything. You absolutely need to disable before you delete. Got some weird behaviour before doing that.....

dave
    Smiley, I tried it today and the one problem I've had is with Group ringtones. They don't seem to play. I can't even test them. It is very similar to the KoolAlarms bug (that was eventually traced to being hardcoded to \AUDIO). Not sure if this is the same issue but the bottom line is that the ringer remains silent. Otherwise, everything is working fine so far.
    One other thing. I've set a sound to play when my card ejects. Well, it keeps playing over and over instead of just once, which was the previous behaviour. Is there a setting I'm missing?
    Thanks for the quick email. Just sent you one back. The version is resetting my phone when switching out of Lightwave
    Is anyone else getting sporadic alarms with Kool alarms?
    If you set one alarm it starts going off with other applications sporadically.
    It also went off when my phone turned on this morning at 3am.

Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Is the update Free? Or du you have to pay for this update?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast