Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    how do you change ringtone paths in sound prefrences im new
    thanks
    tap on the toggle button in the ringtone and then select the path in the screen.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    i must be a moren im in sound prefrences and when i tap on it all i see is sound and alerts and choices of volume and tones . or manage were it allows you to delete ringers?
    smiley 88 can you be a little more specific for newbis like me
    thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    In LightWav5, when you go to "Sound Preferences", there are two folders displayed in that dialog, the "Ringtones folder" and the "Coverup folder". There is a path dislplayed directly under each of those, if you click on the folder name, it will take you to a new dialog. From there, you can click on the "Back" button to go up a directory, and click on one of the directories displayed to drill down to a specific directory.
    thanks i will give it a try
    does this program allow you to have video caller id and doe it work good with the 650
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    does this program allow you to have video caller id and doe it work good with the 650
    you can use any gif or animated gif and Live! captured video with our Live! application on the T600. You can not use the video on the T650 to use as video caller ID.

Yes Lightwav works on the T650.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    it would be nice if the live video worked on the 650!
    Can you use jpg files as caller ID? If so, do I want to optimize the jpg file before downloading? And where should I put the jpg file, SD or memory?

Thanks
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by enthios
    Can you use jpg files as caller ID? If so, do I want to optimize the jpg file before downloading? And where should I put the jpg file, SD or memory?

Thanks
    you can have any size. Lightwav will resize to fit the entire screen unlike the Phone app it only shows haf of screen. But for GIF you must scale it down to fit the screen.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    can anyone tell me if the new lightwav 5.0 lets you set different mp3 sounds from different contacts in SMS? in other words..i have certain SMS i would like to set a tone different then my default SMS sounds
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    can anyone tell me if the new lightwav 5.0 lets you set different mp3 sounds from different contacts in SMS? in other words..i have certain SMS i would like to set a tone different then my default SMS sounds
    Yes. go into the SMS Ringtone screen and your filters. in the from: field put in the senders phone number eg: 5551234 or put in a keyword. you can also block sms and of course block voice calls too.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Yes. go into the SMS Ringtone screen and your filters. in the from: field put in the senders phone number eg: 5551234 or put in a keyword. you can also block sms and of course block voice calls too.
    A quick walkthrough on SMS filtering please? If I want to block a particular number from sending mesages, how?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    im not having any luck with the sms filtering. trying to get it to play a different tone from 1 person (me actually). all seems set correctly, separate tone and all. still plays default sms sound. what am i missing?
    im not having any luck with the sms filtering. trying to get it to play a different tone from 1 person (me actually). all seems set correctly, separate tone and all. still plays default sms sound. what am i missing?
    I had the same problem. I firgured out that in your sms settings where it says "from" make sure the phone number is in this format "5553312269" and not "555-331-2269" or else it will not work.

I think when you receive a text message the number format is without the "-"'s, but LightWav apparently missed this.
    -Cal
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    the particular messages im trying to filter on the sms page say a name not a number. i tried putting the the name in all the spots but nothing. any more thoughts?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    bump
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    A quick walkthrough on SMS filtering please? If I want to block a particular number from sending mesages, how?
    1. create a new filter
    2. enter the persons phone # eg: 555123000 in the From: field. do not put "-" or other characters there. you can put a partial # eg: 555 and any number that has 555 will be blocked
    3. or you can put in a keyword in the KeyWord: field
  18.    #158  
    the particular messages im trying to filter on the sms page say a name not a number. i tried putting the the name in all the spots but nothing. any more thoughts?
    the reason you got the name is because sms app takes it from the contact app. reply to the person and you will see their phone # or select New sms and goto the To: popup or do a lookup. use that phone # in the From: field.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i know what the phone number is, its mine. i get text messaging thru a system that is in liew (SP) os having to carry a pager. when the massage comes in, it shows me as the sender. i tried putting my number in and it still doesnt filter it.
    still tryin to figure this one out as these pages are way more important than all my others.
    So what's the verdict? Is Lightwave 5.0 stable enough to buy or should I wait for a more stable release?
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast