Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Can you add the Soft Reset feature back into LWav 5.0? Also I've already reported this but it still has been broken since LWav 3.0 can you guys PLEASE fix the MMS ringtone issue!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    what is the soft reset feature? And what MMS ringtone issue do you have?
    There was a menu choice to make the device do a soft reset in the older version of Lwav. Would be nice to have that back. Also the issue with MMS is they don't work. I have my MMS ringtone set to a mp3, have the MMS app setup to use silent and nothing happens. It ONLY works when I turn on the repeat alert under kool alarms. I've had this issue since 3.X of lightwav and they have never seemed to fix it.
    As in the other thread, please add back the option for maximum volume.
    As a registered user, I sent this problem via Toysoft tech support a couple of days ago but have not heard back from them. So I thought I'd see if anyone else was experiencing this.

I installed KoolAlarms when I installed the new Lightwav and I can't get any sounds to play. If I try to TEST the sound it pops up the Pocket Tunes console (which it doesn't do when playing a sound in Lightwav) but nothing plays, even if I press play on the Pocket Tunes console. There are not many choices for preferences so I can't imagine I'm missing anything there...anyone solved similar KoolAlarms problems.

The new UI is nice, more like CallFilter, but it seems like this release took a few steps back. Been using LW since 2.something...... I used to get a response from Smiley/Tech Support almost as soon as I pressed the send button. Getting NO response back is a bit frustrating.

dave
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy4040
    As a registered user, I sent this problem via Toysoft tech support a couple of days ago but have not heard back from them. So I thought I'd see if anyone else was experiencing this.

I installed KoolAlarms when I installed the new Lightwav and I can't get any sounds to play. If I try to TEST the sound it pops up the Pocket Tunes console (which it doesn't do when playing a sound in Lightwav) but nothing plays, even if I press play on the Pocket Tunes console. There are not many choices for preferences so I can't imagine I'm missing anything there...anyone solved similar KoolAlarms problems.

The new UI is nice, more like CallFilter, but it seems like this release took a few steps back. Been using LW since 2.something...... I used to get a response from Smiley/Tech Support almost as soon as I pressed the send button. Getting NO response back is a bit frustrating.

dave
    Hey Dave, your msg must have gonna into the spam filter. There was a problem with KoolAlarms when you test. if you do it again and look at the volume setting in the ptunes console you will see it set to the lowest or OFF.
    goto the koolalarms setting and manaully select the volume from the popup. if that doesnt work send us email for any update.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Hey Dave, your msg must have gonna into the spam filter.
    My msg must have been filtered as well since I had serious problems with 3.2 and never got a response. 3.2 caused intermittenent reset loops. So far, no problems with 5.0. I did notice one issue though. I have a ringtone assigned to voicemail in lightwav and when I get voicemail, the ringtone plays about 3 secs then restarts and plays again.

I would also like to see the repeat ringtone feature back in 5.0. I use the old telephone ring from The Matrix and now it only plays once.

I would also like to see the max volume feature back in 5.0.

thanks
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    Quote Originally Posted by leakylegsrider
    My msg must have been filtered as well since I had serious problems with 3.2 and never got a response. 3.2 caused intermittenent reset loops. So far, no problems with 5.0. I did notice one issue though. I have a ringtone assigned to voicemail in lightwav and when I get voicemail, the ringtone plays about 3 secs then restarts and plays again.

I would also like to see the repeat ringtone feature back in 5.0. I use the old telephone ring from The Matrix and now it only plays once.

thanks
    Repeat ringtone is there in 5, look under preferences. Max volume is now under pTunes. Go into pTunes preferences and kick up the volume boost. I have it set to +3db and the ringtones are plentyl loud enough.
    Neither of those options work for me since I am using wavs in RAM. pTunes won't play them so I have to use the included wavPlayer.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
  10.    #90  

thanks
    the repeat feature only works if you have pocketTunes. the max volume setting is mostly used for MIDI in 3.2.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  11.    #91  
    Neither of those options work for me since I am using wavs in RAM. pTunes won't play them so I have to use the included wavPlayer.
    what do you mean ptunes wont play them? make sure you have ptunes 2.3 and higher to play ram files. you can try using the wavs on the card.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    what do you mean ptunes wont play them? make sure you have ptunes 2.3 and higher to play ram files. you can try using the wavs on the card.
    Same here....I can not get lightwav to play MP3's either. I do have P-Tunes 3.0.5 None of them play.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I used max volume for mp3. I would like it back.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy4040

dave
    I am experiencing the same problem and I also sent them an email.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Any one else have the issue with 5 that all the tones show enabled but when you try to test the sound it says it's disabled?
    I have been using lightWAV since v1.2. It is at v5.0 now, and I am still using v3.0 because of numerous problems with v3.1, v3.2, and v5.0. Being able to get anyone version to work has been hit and miss for me.

I am switching to call filter, because I am sick of beta testing a product I already paid for. Toysoft wants me to find the problem for them, so they can "fix the problem in the next release." What did I pay them for? They haven't had a usable product for awhile if you ask me.

Anyway, I can not believe how bloated and buggy this software got over the last few months. In the race to bring features to the program, they tossed out quality. Time to try something new.

Last edited by ix0ye; 01/13/2005 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added a couple things.
    LightWAV is Broken!

Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Same here....I can not get lightwav to play MP3's either. I do have P-Tunes 3.0.5 None of them play.
    Alright, its probably blatently obvious, but heres my question...(ver. 5)

Setting up a ringer for a contact. It seems if i want to create a new tone, and use the "Lookup" feature, it defaults to the Home phone number of that contact. Thats fine if thats all I want, but i have lots of people who call me from their cell, or work numbers. Lightwavs lookup only gives me "Home."

Using mRing, I was able to highlight the contacts name, and all their numbers would be assigned the ringtone. Is this not possible with LW?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I dowloaded v5.0 and it would softreset the second I hit any button on the phone. ended up having to hard reset. through trial any error I figured out koolalarms was the problem. if I don't install that it works fine. Anyone else have that problem?

I also can't seem to set up individual SMS mp3's. Isn't that still a feature in this release??
    Hey Dave, your msg must have gonna into the spam filter. There was a problem with KoolAlarms when you test. if you do it again and look at the volume setting in the ptunes console you will see it set to the lowest or OFF.
    goto the koolalarms setting and manaully select the volume from the popup. if that doesnt work send us email for any update.
    I put this in the email but forgot to put it in my original post: I am using PTunes 2.3.2. I don't see a volume option when the console pops up. But I did open PTunes from the console and the volume is fine. In fact, LWav works so I'm not sure why KA would have a different volume setting for PTunes. I will send an email.

I do like the software, when it works. And I know you have to balance quality with features with time-to-market. It's your decision how you do that. In any case, I would like to reinforce one feature request from this thread that was inherent in LWav: assigning a sound to a contact, not just a number. CallFilter, which is my only other point of reference, allows you to do either.

With that said, since you warn about a performance impact of using groups, I fear that having a hieararchy of number/contact/group to search through may really slow things down. I use groups and don't need anything else to slow down response time of the ring. Hopefully your architecture can support this.

dave
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast