Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Why? Do you need more time than that to evaluate something you'll be using every day?

Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    I would love to try Lightwav 5.0 but the 14day trial scares me....
    Moved
    I have two probs so far with the 5.0 beta (I have the Treo 600).

1) I've named my home ofc number by my company name, As Was. That way, if my partner calls from the home ofc, his picture will come up, play his song, and it should say As Was. His pic comes up, his song plays, and it says "call from Hempstead, NY," which is I guess where the caller ID traces the number even though we're not located in Hempstead. Why doesn't it just say As Was like I put in for the ringer display name? Isn't that the purpose of ringer display name? How do I get that to show?

2) It no longer offers "disconnect tone," which was helpful as it let me know that my phone really hung up or disconnected off the Sprint internet network. How do I set that tone now?

Is 5.0 really an upgrade? I'm still liking 2.3 the best I think! 3.x was crashing my phone and not stopping the ring even after I answered the call.

Thanks.
    http://www.aswas.com
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by aswas
    I have two probs so far with the 5.0 beta (I have the Treo 600).

1) I've named my home ofc number by my company name, As Was. That way, if my partner calls from the home ofc, his picture will come up, play his song, and it should say As Was. His pic comes up, his song plays, and it says "call from Hempstead, NY," which is I guess where the caller ID traces the number even though we're not located in Hempstead. Why doesn't it just say As Was like I put in for the ringer display name? Isn't that the purpose of ringer display name? How do I get that to show?

2) It no longer offers "disconnect tone," which was helpful as it let me know that my phone really hung up or disconnected off the Sprint internet network. How do I set that tone now?

Is 5.0 really an upgrade? I'm still liking 2.3 the best I think! 3.x was crashing my phone and not stopping the ring even after I answered the call.

Thanks.
    If you dont want the areacode to display then delete the lwav_areacode database. if you can change the areacode name in the database.

there were alot of problems with the disconnect event that is why it is there anymore.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    So does version 5.0 of lightwave have less features than the old version? Can I no longer have pictures associated with a caller?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    where on the site is the beta? after the 14 days do I have to uninstall the beta and reinstall my current version?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    So does version 5.0 of lightwave have less features than the old version? Can I no longer have pictures associated with a caller?
    More features of course. You still have jpg and gif callerID pictures. just no more Live! video callerID.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  8.    #48  
    Check out the new BETA.

New features
    -------------

- SMS ringtones for individual caller or keyword match on the msg
    - Filter SMS msg and launch application on match

- CallerID filtering is now included in beta 2. you can ignore the call or pickup+hangup

- included wavPlayer. You no longer need pocketTunes for wav files.

click here www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ok so does koolalarms make it so i don't have to use Pockettunes anymore?
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    ok so does koolalarms make it so i don't have to use Pockettunes anymore?
    KoolAlarms is the app to let you customize application alarms with wav/mp3. you still need ptunes if you want mp3. the next version of koolAlarms you can use wavPlayer for wav files and dont need ptunes.
    card eject sound seems to cause a lock up, but most other features I tried seem to be working well. Smiley, what if we WANT to play a midi ringtone for a group, or any other rule? will individual ringers be preserved from phone favorites?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    So are you going to charge current LWav users for the 5.0 upgrade? How do I get around the demo limitations of the beta if I've previously paid for LWav?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    card eject sound seems to cause a lock up, but most other features I tried seem to be working well. Smiley, what if we WANT to play a midi ringtone for a group, or any other rule? will individual ringers be preserved from phone favorites?
    sorry no MIDI support anymore. if you want midi then stick with the Treo ringtones. Lightwav is a mp3/wav/ogg/wma ringtone manager. if you like your midi then there might be a tool to convert midi to wav or mp3.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Smiley, what happens for registered users after th trial is up? Do I need to delete and reinstall the current version?
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    More features of course. You still have jpg and gif callerID pictures. just no more Live! video callerID.

the video caller ID was my favorite feature. :-(

How can I get 3.2? I must have skipped a version because the highest .prc I have on my home system is 3.1
    found it... the 3.2 .prc was sent to my hotmail. But get this... Hotmail won't let me download or forward the email attachment because it thinks its an incurable virus :-)

hahaha...how did I download it in the first place??? Man, I can never win.
    I'm going to bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    sorry no MIDI support anymore. if you want midi then stick with the Treo ringtones. Lightwav is a mp3/wav/ogg/wma ringtone manager. if you like your midi then there might be a tool to convert midi to wav or mp3.
    Does anyone know of any QUALITY conversion programs that won't reduce the volume or clarity of a ringtone when converting to mp3/wav/ogg/wma?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Anyone having a problem with pocket tunes not wanting to keep it's volume at 100%... if I go into ptunes and set the volume all the way up, the next ringer that plays in ptunes plays at 75% volume (which can be verified by going back into ptunes
    Anyone know why none of my mp3s are showing in Lightwave 5.0 Beta? I have them in the Audio file on my SD card. When I go to assign one it says only 15 but are enabled in the demo but none show up. Anyone know why?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    Anyone know why none of my mp3s are showing in Lightwave 5.0 Beta? I have them in the Audio file on my SD card. When I go to assign one it says only 15 but are enabled in the demo but none show up. Anyone know why?
    Goto the Sound prefs in lwav and make sure you have PocketTunes selected as your audio player. also make sure the audio path are correct.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast