Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 360
  1. #21  
    Had Lightwav installed for several days now and it is working just fine for me. The only issue that I have seen is with KoolAlarms when trying to test a sound when there is no sound assigned..that will reset my Treo. Apart from that, it is ringing just fine and I have my old MP3's playing the way they used to on my T600
  2. #22  
    Version 5 for several days?
  3. #23  
    Yes, I got an early version of the Beta. Been working fine for me apart from the problem that I indicated above.
  4. #24  
    Would you reccomend everyoen try it b/c my old Lightwav works fine - just a HUGE startup delay.
  5. #25  
    I guess if your current version of Lightwav works fine then stay with it. For me I could not get lightwav 3.2 to work on my Treo 650 so needed Lightwav 5.0, which is basically MP3 Ringer with Kool Alarms. This works fine for me and from what I understand of MP3 Ringer it is probably more stable than Lightwav....but, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

    You could always install 5.0 and if you prefer 3.2 just go back to it.
  6. #26  
    So what are the improvements of 5.0 Beta over 3.2?
  7. #27  
    So if I am trying to assign a ringer and photo, using Lightwave I:
    Press New
    lookup phone number which also inserts Ringer name to display
    I "Tap here to select Ringtone"
    I don't have anything on my SD so I select the checkbox that says "Ram"

    Nothing comes up!
    I want to use Treo Techno tone that came with the phone, is it possible to use the standard tones? I assumed that selecting the Ram checkbox would do this.
  8. #28  
    Those of you that are using LightWav 5, are you still seeing the performance hits that plauged earlier versions of LightWav?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    Those of you that are using LightWav 5, are you still seeing the performance hits that plauged earlier versions of LightWav?

    Nope
  10. #30  
    So if all I care about are MP3 ringtones for default and individual callers, would you recommend Lightwav 5.0 or MP3 Ringer?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I know Lightwav has picture caller ID as well, will it show the picture full screen? Or is it small like the built in palm app?
    Also can you have a picture assigned but no special ring tone?
    Yes it is full size. on the T650 it will look really good in hires. You must assign a ringtone along with the jpg or gif.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    So if I am trying to assign a ringer and photo, using Lightwave I:
    Press New
    lookup phone number which also inserts Ringer name to display
    I "Tap here to select Ringtone"
    I don't have anything on my SD so I select the checkbox that says "Ram"

    Nothing comes up!
    I want to use Treo Techno tone that came with the phone, is it possible to use the standard tones? I assumed that selecting the Ram checkbox would do this.
    you need to convert some mp3 or wav from the card to ram. another way is download lightwav 3.2 and run the windows application wavConverter.exe and then convert the mp3/wav files to PalmOS db then do a hotsync.

    it doesnt really make sense to use mp3 without a card cuz mp3 takes up alot of ram.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    So if all I care about are MP3 ringtones for default and individual callers, would you recommend Lightwav 5.0 or MP3 Ringer?
    both version works the same but Lightwav offers you jpg/gif callerID, incoming logfile, outbound sound, megaSound, custom mp3 alarms, area code...

    for what you want mp3Ringer works great if you just want mp3 ringtones.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  14. #34  
    If you just want to use standard tones and not mp3's or wav's, why bother with a program whose primary purpose is to play mp3's etc? Just assign your midis through your speed dial.


    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    So if I am trying to assign a ringer and photo, using Lightwave I:
    Press New
    lookup phone number which also inserts Ringer name to display
    I "Tap here to select Ringtone"
    I don't have anything on my SD so I select the checkbox that says "Ram"

    Nothing comes up!
    I want to use Treo Techno tone that came with the phone, is it possible to use the standard tones? I assumed that selecting the Ram checkbox would do this.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    If you just want to use standard tones and not mp3's or wav's, why bother with a program whose primary purpose is to play mp3's etc? Just assign your midis through your speed dial.
    I should have made my primary purpose clear - oops.

    I am using LightWav for its picture caller ID functionality. I love the picture caller ID freature but the picture from the oem software that you set in a person's profile comes up as 1/2" by 1/2". So I would like to take advantage of the screen for full screen caller ID.

    I have the midi extracted, will CallFilter let me do this?
  16. dr5150's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Kool Alarms is not picking up Verichat. You have to assign a ringer (even if it's the default ringer) in order to use a picture, but the pictures run full screen.
    I contacted Verichat about this.
    Verichat has it's own built-in sounds. This will not work with lightwav 3.2 even though the silent alarm shows as a possible tone for the alert.

    The support guys at verichat said they are working on changing this so it would function with lightwav.

    I haven't tried this with the beta of lightwav, maybe if I get bored tonight.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    you need to convert some mp3 or wav from the card to ram. another way is download lightwav 3.2 and run the windows application wavConverter.exe and then convert the mp3/wav files to PalmOS db then do a hotsync.

    it doesnt really make sense to use mp3 without a card cuz mp3 takes up alot of ram.
    I have wavs installed in RAM using wavconverter.exe and 5.0 doesn't recognize them. It only recognizes mp3 files.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
  18. #38  
    It's not workingn with the latest LW/KoolAlarms.


    Quote Originally Posted by dr5150
    I contacted Verichat about this.
    Verichat has it's own built-in sounds. This will not work with lightwav 3.2 even though the silent alarm shows as a possible tone for the alert.

    The support guys at verichat said they are working on changing this so it would function with lightwav.

    I haven't tried this with the beta of lightwav, maybe if I get bored tonight.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by leakylegsrider
    I have wavs installed in RAM using wavconverter.exe and 5.0 doesn't recognize them. It only recognizes mp3 files.
    when converting make sure you select Ptunes and not lightwav in the
    Radio button when doing it for Lwav 5.0.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  20. #40  
    I would love to try Lightwav 5.0 but the 14day trial scares me....
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions