Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    Shower Caller Information is Checked.

lwave_AreaCode.pdb is installed in RAM

No Gif picture ID, this is just a normal call from anyone I may or may not know. The few people/contacts I do have picture IDs on show the name/number but no Areacode identification.

Any ideas?
    what the color? make sure they arent the same color as the background.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Sorry missed the message, the text color is black and the background color is red.
    My 5.5 doesn't show the area code information either. I'm not using any picture IDs or video IDs. Both files are installed in RAM.
    Glad I am not the only one, it used to work in like 5.3Beta and stopped after that. Treo 600 on T-mobile.
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    Glad I am not the only one, it used to work in like 5.3Beta and stopped after that. Treo 600 on T-mobile.
    that is really strange. does your carrier show the caller as having 7 digits or 10+ digits in the callerID. eg: +1-555-1234 or just 555-1234
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Area codes work for me.. ATTWS 650
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    10 digits shown on my Sprint 650 and the area code feature doesn't work in 5.5
    Numbers come across as 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    5.5 Changes
    ------------

- Changed the main screen to a scrollbar.

- Added callerId blocking screen

- Added callerID blocking if the caller is not in the Contacts database.

- Added feature to use treat the Known can Unknown callers like the Phone app.
    Read the updated manual on this feature.

- Added Unknown CallerID ringtone and pictureID in the Sound Prefs. this is new
    and is used in conjunction with the above item.

- Added NO Ringtone item when you added new ringer. when this is selected
    the ringer sound will not be used and Lightwav will use the Known Caller ringtone.
    This feature is usefully to share the same ringtone and have a different picture callerID

- Coverup is disabled on the Treo650 since palmOne had fixed the background audio
    playing.

- If you find that Lightwav crashes during a incoming call then goto the
    General Preferences and set the delay sound before ringing the ringtone to 2 or 3 seconds.
    Smiley88,
    Can you tell us what/if any future plans with Lightwav? Just wondering....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Any update on the Area code display issue i brought forth? I would hate to have to use a 3rd party application other than lightwav when this functionaity is built in but just doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I still have problems with the screen coming back on after about 15 to 20 seconds of ending the call. Any idea why this is happening? This causes excessive battery drain.
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    I still have problems with the screen coming back on after about 15 to 20 seconds of ending the call. Any idea why this is happening? This causes excessive battery drain.
    you are using the latest 5.5? and this happens to every call that ends?
    I haven't noticed the screen-flash bug since 5.3, but 5.5 doesn't show the area code information for me. I didn't have that problem with any of the previous versions. I also get a flash of PTunes when answering the phone sometimes which is odd.
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I haven't noticed the screen-flash bug since 5.3, but 5.5 doesn't show the area code information for me. I didn't have that problem with any of the previous versions. I also get a flash of PTunes when answering the phone sometimes which is odd.
    goto the general prefs in lwav and set the delay to 2 or 3 seconds before playing the ringtone.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    you are using the latest 5.5? and this happens to every call that ends?
    I ran some tests last night and could not duplicate the problem. Perhaps a soft reset was necessary.

I was able to reproduce the problem easily with 5.4 and prior. And then I disable LWAV and the problem went away.

But right now it's looking like 5.5 has fixed the problem.
    I ran some tests last night and could not duplicate the problem. Perhaps a soft reset was necessary.

I was able to reproduce the problem easily with 5.4 and prior. And then I disable LWAV and the problem went away.

Are the area codes working for you? My 5.5 doesn't show any area code info (for known or unknown contacts).
    I emailed smiley about the area codes and what I think the problem is. It's the new mega ringer. Once I disabled it and just used the known and unknown caller id ringers, the area codes started working.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    just wanted to say that after i did the newest sprint firmware update the screen no longer comes back on after turning the screen off. don't know what changed bu everythng seems to work great now
    Is anyone else having the problem that when an SMS comes in, it keeps repeating the SMS alert tone indefinitely? That's really annoying, and if that's the intended behavior, I suspect I won't be able to use lightwave.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

The back light problem is definitely happening in 5.5. I couldn't always duplicate it. But after using it for several weeks, I have adopted a habit of holding the phone for 30 seconds after a call so I can turn the light off again. If I don't, it will stay on until the batteries go dead.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718