Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    timexx8,

check out our new product "ignore users 1.1" for only $19.99.
    haha I think smiley has it installed
  2.    #322  
    5.5 Changes
    ------------

- Changed the main screen to a scrollbar.

- Added callerId blocking screen

- Added callerID blocking if the caller is not in the Contacts database.

- Added feature to use treat the Known can Unknown callers like the Phone app.
    Read the updated manual on this feature.

- Added Unknown CallerID ringtone and pictureID in the Sound Prefs. this is new
    and is used in conjunction with the above item.

- Added NO Ringtone item when you added new ringer. when this is selected
    the ringer sound will not be used and Lightwav will use the Known Caller ringtone.
    This feature is usefully to share the same ringtone and have a different picture callerID

- Coverup is disabled on the Treo650 since palmOne had fixed the background audio
    playing.

- If you find that Lightwav crashes during a incoming call then goto the
    General Preferences and set the delay sound before ringing the ringtone to 2 or 3 seconds.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    i hafta check out the new release
    Me too. Hopefully 5.5 will be consistent at playing the correct mp3s each time.

In 5.4 it would be ok for a while then all of a sudden it would forget the group ringtones and known caller rigntones and use one of the group ringtones for every caller...or something like that... (sorry for the bad explanation)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    the one thing I miss that hasn't been in there for awhile now is it use to list all of your contacts in the program. It was a lot easier to custom each contact that way.
    Danny, the updated documentation pdf still says Lightwav 5.4

I mentioned this way back when, but it would be nice if we could select a different audio directory for MMS/SMS/Voicemail sounds. I use Random Ringtone for Unknown callers and for the above sounds I would want to use something different than a regular ringtone (like "You have new voicemail") for Voicemail sound).

Since it only looks in one directory (and its subdirectories I think) for all of these, you run into the possibility of having "You have new voicemail" played when an unknown caller calls up...any chance we'd ever see that capability for different directories for these?

Otherwise, I either can't use random ringtones or can't have a specific file for Voicemail alert that I don't want playing when an unknown caller calls...

Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    the one thing I miss that hasn't been in there for awhile now is it use to list all of your contacts in the program. It was a lot easier to custom each contact that way.
    yup...missed that too. I think we lost that feature when we gained the ability to assign multiple ringtones for one contact...like for work, home and mobile.
    can you give an example why I would setup the unkown caller ID ringtone in the "sound preferences" ....and why I would set up the unkown caller ID ringtone in the main screen. It seems there are two locations to setup the same function.
    Lightwav 5.5 have card eject sound set to one of the Midi ringtones.
    Eject the card, ringtone sounds. Click green phone button to go to the phone app, trying to figure out how to stop the sound without reinserting the card. The first time I tried this, it soft reset caused while running <unknown application> Fatal Exception.

Saved Preferences file got corrupted and had to restore from backup.

Tried it again, this time the green phone button worked (got to the phone app) but when I clicked the home button it soft reset again, this time saved preferences stayed intact...

Is there any way to stop the card eject sound from playing without reinserting the card? Is it lightwav causing the soft-reset?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Lightwav 5.5 have card eject sound set to one of the Midi ringtones.
    Eject the card, ringtone sounds. Click green phone button to go to the phone app, trying to figure out how to stop the sound without reinserting the card. The first time I tried this, it soft reset caused while running <unknown application> Fatal Exception.

Saved Preferences file got corrupted and had to restore from backup.

Tried it again, this time the green phone button worked (got to the phone app) but when I clicked the home button it soft reset again, this time saved preferences stayed intact...

Is there any way to stop the card eject sound from playing without reinserting the card? Is it lightwav causing the soft-reset?
    I use the volume side buttons
    Ciao

Ettore
    Anyone else noticed that the Areacode stuff isn't working too well? I have picture id's turned on a for a few contacts but all the other stuff and numbers not listed in contacts never show where they are calling from even though the areacode db is installed.
  13.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Danny, the updated documentation pdf still says Lightwav 5.4
    yes. forgot to update the version. realized after the conversation but the manual is updated.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    can you give an example why I would setup the unkown caller ID ringtone in the "sound preferences" ....and why I would set up the unkown caller ID ringtone in the main screen. It seems there are two locations to setup the same function.
    In the manual is talks about the differrent methods but i'll explain it again.

when Lwav was original designed it treated the known and unknown callers different than the Phone application.

In lwav
    Known caller - means just having callerId info eg: the phone number
    unknown caller - means no caller info at all. eg: NocallerID or BlockedID

in version 5.5 we've added a new checkbox in the General Prefs to use the same rule as the Phone app where

known caller - the caller is in your contacts db
    unknown caller - the caller is not in your contacts db

so in the sound prefs where you assigna a new ringtone and picture for No CallerId area. This is where the caller has no caller ID information. Generally you will see No CallerID or Blocked ID. if this happens lwav will use the No CallerID ringtone in the Sound Prefs. You must check the checkbox in the General Prefs where it says use the same rules as the Phone app. If you leave it unchecked then lwav will use the its own rule as described above.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    Anyone else noticed that the Areacode stuff isn't working too well? I have picture id's turned on a for a few contacts but all the other stuff and numbers not listed in contacts never show where they are calling from even though the areacode db is installed.
    is display callerID enabled in the video Prefs screen? make sure the area code is installed in ram. are you using gif picture id? if so try installing the gifanim.prc again.
    Danny...how do we get the 5.5 upgrade? The 5.4 login is still 5.4. Is it up yet?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    is display callerID enabled in the video Prefs screen? make sure the area code is installed in ram. are you using gif picture id? if so try installing the gifanim.prc again.

Shower Caller Information is Checked.

lwave_AreaCode.pdb is installed in RAM

No Gif picture ID, this is just a normal call from anyone I may or may not know. The few people/contacts I do have picture IDs on show the name/number but no Areacode identification.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Danny...how do we get the 5.5 upgrade? The 5.4 login is still 5.4. Is it up yet?

thanks!
    It is 5.5 once you download it.

thanks scotty
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    In the manual is talks about the differrent methods but i'll explain it again.

when Lwav was original designed it treated the known and unknown callers different than the Phone application.

In lwav
    Known caller - means just having callerId info eg: the phone number
    unknown caller - means no caller info at all. eg: NocallerID or BlockedID

in version 5.5 we've added a new checkbox in the General Prefs to use the same rule as the Phone app where

known caller - the caller is in your contacts db
    unknown caller - the caller is not in your contacts db

so in the sound prefs where you assigna a new ringtone and picture for No CallerId area. This is where the caller has no caller ID information. Generally you will see No CallerID or Blocked ID. if this happens lwav will use the No CallerID ringtone in the Sound Prefs. You must check the checkbox in the General Prefs where it says use the same rules as the Phone app. If you leave it unchecked then lwav will use the its own rule as described above.
    got it!...thanks