Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 360
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Email sent. I'll try the new beta and report my findings.

    Update: The new beta works perfectly. It adds a couple new features and fixes a couple of bugs. The screensaver bug is now fixed. Great stuff.
    Maybe I'll need to take a look at it as well. My screen has been magically turning itself on for no reason now too (woke up this morning to see it on and no alerts etc)...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  2. #262  
    With LightWav, can you use mp3s stored on your SD card as ringers? Or is it only from RAM?
  3. #263  
    SD.

    smiley... 5.4 flashes the screen for a brief second when you turn the screen off every time. reverted to 5.1.1
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    SD.

    smiley... 5.4 flashes the screen for a brief second when you turn the screen off every time. reverted to 5.1.1
    Does 5.1.1 not do the screen flash?
  5. mmmm_beer's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Does 5.1.1 not do the screen flash?
    The screen flashing started in 5.3(5.3-Beta), 5.2 does not have the the screen flashing problem. I reported it in thread above and asked a second time a few weeks later about a possible fix, and Smiley88 has ignored it both times.
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    SD.

    smiley... 5.4 flashes the screen for a brief second when you turn the screen off every time. reverted to 5.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm_beer
    The screen flashing started in 5.3(5.3-Beta), 5.2 does not have the the screen flashing problem. I reported it in thread above and asked a second time a few weeks later about a possible fix, and Smiley88 has ignored it both times.
    are we talking about 5.4 or 5.3-beta?

    If so, when did 5.4 come out?? the upgrade site only has 5.3-Beta for downloading. Aside from the screen flashes what other bugs did you encounter? were there any improvements?
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm_beer
    The screen flashing started in 5.3(5.3-Beta), 5.2 does not have the the screen flashing problem. I reported it in thread above and asked a second time a few weeks later about a possible fix, and Smiley88 has ignored it both times.
    I had 5.3 and the screen never flashed, it just came back on by itself. With 5.4, the screen will flash white for a split second after going black after hitting the red button. It's not a big deal, but it will also flash randomly every now and then (not often).

    The biggest problem with 5.4 is that I normally just hit the red button to check the time. The unit will already be in power-save mode and I'll hit the red button to wake it up and check the time during the 5 seconds you have to disable the keyguard. If you don't disable the keyguard, the unit goes back to sleep. With 5.4, after it goes back to sleep, you don't get the screen flash, but you do get the screen turning on all by itself (like it used to in 5.3). The remedy is to disable the keyguard when checking the time and then turn it off with the red button (this just gives the standard screen flash).

    I haven't tried 5.2 yet. Can 5.2 still be downloaded somewhere? I've just got 5.3 and 5.4.
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum_Man
    With LightWav, can you use mp3s stored on your SD card as ringers? Or is it only from RAM?
    you can use both on the card and in ram.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I had 5.3 and the screen never flashed, it just came back on by itself. With 5.4, the screen will flash white for a split second after going black after hitting the red button. It's not a big deal, but it will also flash randomly every now and then (not often).

    The biggest problem with 5.4 is that I normally just hit the red button to check the time. The unit will already be in power-save mode and I'll hit the red button to wake it up and check the time during the 5 seconds you have to disable the keyguard. If you don't disable the keyguard, the unit goes back to sleep. With 5.4, after it goes back to sleep, you don't get the screen flash, but you do get the screen turning on all by itself (like it used to in 5.3). The remedy is to disable the keyguard when checking the time and then turn it off with the red button (this just gives the standard screen flash).

    I haven't tried 5.2 yet. Can 5.2 still be downloaded somewhere? I've just got 5.3 and 5.4.
    we have tracked download the problem. it is related to new notification events eg: busy, 3way conference. we are looking at this now. 5.4 beta is only available upon request.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  10. grape8pe's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #270  
    Is anyone having trouble with their Treo randomly resetting. In older versions of Lightwav my phone would crash/reset on certain incoming calls but now my phone will reset randomly. I have emailed tech support and they advised me to no longer use the built in photo ID. The problem still continues. I tried removing Lightwav 5.3 and the problem disappeared. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm hoping 5.4 will address this issue.
    m105 -> m130 -> Tungsten E -> Treo 600 (T-Mobile)
  11. #271  
    Why can't i get a mp3/wav to play as my ringtone on a verizon 600? When i set the palm ringer to silent, that's exactaly what i get.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
  12. mmmm_beer's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Why can't i get a mp3/wav to play as my ringtone on a verizon 600? When i set the palm ringer to silent, that's exactaly what i get.
    What audio player are you using to play the mp3? I am using PocketTunes, and have noticed that sometimes I need to change the audio player in the "Sound Preferences" from PocketTunes, exit Lightwav, then start Lightwav and change it back to PocketTunes. Not sure why, but it only happens when a new Lightwav or PocketTunes is installed, once you get it working, then it plays the ringtone fine. Make sure the "Play Sound" works, if that works but the ringtone does not, then you have another problem.
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    we have tracked download the problem. it is related to new notification events eg: busy, 3way conference. we are looking at this now. 5.4 beta is only available upon request.
    Awesome. Otherwise the program has always worked perfectly for me. I've never had any caller ID or ringer problems.

    I'd make sure that everyone is using the latest version of Pocket Tunes.
  14. grape8pe's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #274  
    I just noticed I had an outdated version on Pocket Tunes (3.06). I'll report later to let everyone know if I'm still seeing my Treo reset randomly.
    m105 -> m130 -> Tungsten E -> Treo 600 (T-Mobile)
  15. #275  
    just wondering if anyone with pocket tunes (3.08) has had problems with this app i'd really like to use video id but with the sounds of it being unstable i don't wanna take any chances
  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by grape8pe
    Is anyone having trouble with their Treo randomly resetting. In older versions of Lightwav my phone would crash/reset on certain incoming calls but now my phone will reset randomly. I have emailed tech support and they advised me to no longer use the built in photo ID. The problem still continues. I tried removing Lightwav 5.3 and the problem disappeared. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm hoping 5.4 will address this issue.
    I'm afraid I've completely given up on Lightwav. I love the feature set but I'm afraid that I'm totally tired of random resets, features that just don't work etc etc. I've decided to go back to CallFilter for now. Maybe toysoft will get it right in a few years!!!
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>
  17. #277  
    Callfilter doesn't even work on the 650. Totally bug filled right now. If you've got a 650, Lightwav and Ringo are your best bets.

    I have PTunes 3.0.8, but have never tried the video caller ID.
  18. #278  
    other than that 2000 man, have u encountered any bugs or any random resets?
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by stylez23
    other than that 2000 man, have u encountered any bugs or any random resets?
    None. My 650 hasn't reset in weeks.
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilzGr8
    I'm afraid I've completely given up on Lightwav. I love the feature set but I'm afraid that I'm totally tired of random resets, features that just don't work etc etc. I've decided to go back to CallFilter for now. Maybe toysoft will get it right in a few years!!!
    I'm afraid I may have to post a retraction. I'm not sure now what's responsible for all of the resets I get but I'm suspicious of other software now since the problem appears to occur regardless of what ringtone/call filtering software I use. Simple Profile Manager seems to be a candidate I think. I've tried CallFilter, CallShield Pro and Lightwav all with similar results so after my last reset I did the #*377 thing and found Profiles as the culprit. I'll run without it for a while now to see if I get any more resets.
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>

Posting Permissions