Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 360
  1. #241  
    Does unknown/no callid only block callers with no caller id? I want to allow people not in my contact list to call me but I want to block those dreaded private numbers or no caller id numbers. Also you mentioned the delay before playing thing, would be nice to have that feature in there. I want mine to ring right away, hate the annoying delay.
  2. mmmm_beer's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #242  
    Smiley88,
    I noticed something funney with the latest 5.3 beta, that I hadn't noticed before. When you have the activate phone after reset checked, the power(screen) button does not work smoothly. It does turn the screen off, but before it turns off, the menu for the current app is activated and the screen flickers and then turns off. I don't remember seeing this in 5.2 or below.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Magubbi
    Do we have to pay to upgrade to 5.3? I did not get an update email. When I tried logging in with the 5.1 email, it asks me to pay $9.95. I hope we don't have to pay for the upgrade as that was be really stupid. Lightwav is the buggiest software on my Treo. Did you know that you can't answer the phone before the PTunes begins playing the ringtone or else you'll get a reset? Ridiculous.
    I once again have tried the newer version but as you mention I got a reset before the .mp3 started playing(3 seconds) and tried to answer, I notice first it pops up the normal contact screen with a small photo and I have vibrate mode so its vibrating...then it switchs to Lightwav and opens the full screen app and starts playing the .mp3....but why the 3 second wait??

    **I also noticed when it reset after this happening I checked the error with #*377 and it said "Contacts" caused the error

    ** I can say this version is not resetting as much as the last one but if it resets everytime I go to answer a call unless I wait 3 seconds or until ptunes starts playing the .mp3 then it is sort of useless....this needs to be fixed asap because many times my phone is sitting beside me and I dont want to wait 3 seconds or have to worry the phone will reset if I answer it too quick, when the phone rings it should automatically start playing and the contact should be full screen and I should be able to answer and not worry about a reset.

    **I have not actually bought Lightwav yet for the simple fact every version I have tried has a significant bug, if it ran the way it should I would buy it instantly...I use Ringo and have no resets at all...mind you I dont have full screen contact photo which I do like but at least it runs stable and is reliable.
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    Does unknown/no callid only block callers with no caller id? I want to allow people not in my contact list to call me but I want to block those dreaded private numbers or no caller id numbers. Also you mentioned the delay before playing thing, would be nice to have that feature in there. I want mine to ring right away, hate the annoying delay.
    in Lwav "no callerID" and "blocked callerID" means the caller has no callerId info. It doesnt mean that the caller is not in your address book.

    we can add a feature to block callers that are not in your contacts db in the future release. remember that scaning your contact db will delay the phone from ringing especially if you have 100s and 1000s of contacts.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    I once again have tried the newer version but as you mention I got a reset before the .mp3 started playing(3 seconds) and tried to answer, I notice first it pops up the normal contact screen with a small photo and I have vibrate mode so its vibrating...then it switchs to Lightwav and opens the full screen app and starts playing the .mp3....but why the 3 second wait??

    **I also noticed when it reset after this happening I checked the error with #*377 and it said "Contacts" caused the error

    ** I can say this version is not resetting as much as the last one but if it resets everytime I go to answer a call unless I wait 3 seconds or until ptunes starts playing the .mp3 then it is sort of useless....this needs to be fixed asap because many times my phone is sitting beside me and I dont want to wait 3 seconds or have to worry the phone will reset if I answer it too quick, when the phone rings it should automatically start playing and the contact should be full screen and I should be able to answer and not worry about a reset.

    **I have not actually bought Lightwav yet for the simple fact every version I have tried has a significant bug, if it ran the way it should I would buy it instantly...I use Ringo and have no resets at all...mind you I dont have full screen contact photo which I do like but at least it runs stable and is reliable.
    we will try to duplicate your problem. You can select not to have full screen pictureID and see if that helps.

    the 2 second delay is added on purpose to let all the events finished before lwav takes control. we can add and option for you to set the delay in the future version.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  6. #246  
    Thanks smiley but I want it for the *Full screen* picture ID...I already own Ringo and it shows the same as what Lightwav does when I disable full screen.

    It would be nice if Lightwav could just take control when my phone rings and show the Full Screen photo id instead of first showing the small one and then switching to the Fullscreen after 2 seconds..and as mentioned if you answer before Lightwav kicks in it will reset the phone
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    in Lwav "no callerID" and "blocked callerID" means the caller has no callerId info. It doesnt mean that the caller is not in your address book.

    we can add a feature to block callers that are not in your contacts db in the future release. remember that scaning your contact db will delay the phone from ringing especially if you have 100s and 1000s of contacts.
    So Unknown Caller Ringtone is for what? Someone not in your contact list I assume?
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    So Unknown Caller Ringtone is for what? Someone not in your contact list I assume?
    NO. the caller is "blocked id" or "no caller id"

    we will add the feature to scan for the contacts db in the next version.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm_beer
    Smiley88,
    I noticed something funney with the latest 5.3 beta, that I hadn't noticed before. When you have the activate phone after reset checked, the power(screen) button does not work smoothly. It does turn the screen off, but before it turns off, the menu for the current app is activated and the screen flickers and then turns off. I don't remember seeing this in 5.2 or below.
    I am also on my 14day lightwav trial, and I have noticed the same exact thing. Anybody have some ideas on how to fix it?
  10. mmmm_beer's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #250  
    Smiley88,
    I thought that perhaps it was related to power on after reset, but it just happened again yesterday, after I upgraded Butler. I got it to stop by disabling Lightwav and then reenabling it again. It looks like it might have something to do with the order in which it registered for a notification, since both times I got it to stop involved having it reregister for notifications.

    Also, any word on when the next version with the option to disable the 2 second delay will be out.

    Thanks
  11. jhasty's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #251  
    I am now convinced that Lightwav is turning the screen back on after I hit the off button. About 15 to 30 seconds after I've finished my call, the screen comes back on and stays on. This drains the battery enormously.

    If I disable Lightwav, I do not see this problem.

    Lightwav 5.3 plus the Sprint Update 1.08 have made my T650 operate much more reliably. But this screen problem is draining the battery when I don't catch it.
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    I am now convinced that Lightwav is turning the screen back on after I hit the off button. About 15 to 30 seconds after I've finished my call, the screen comes back on and stays on. This drains the battery enormously.

    If I disable Lightwav, I do not see this problem.

    Lightwav 5.3 plus the Sprint Update 1.08 have made my T650 operate much more reliably. But this screen problem is draining the battery when I don't catch it.
    i think the problem may have caused by the support of the answer and ignore buttons on the T650. we will try more tests. this bug may only happens if you use the hangup button (red button) to disconnect.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    i think the problem may have caused by the support of the answer and ignore buttons on the T650. we will try more tests. this bug may only happens if you use the hangup button (red button) to disconnect.
    Mine has the same bug. If you have the screen protector turned on (like I do), the best way to hang up a call is to hit the red button.
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    I am now convinced that Lightwav is turning the screen back on after I hit the off button. About 15 to 30 seconds after I've finished my call, the screen comes back on and stays on. This drains the battery enormously.

    If I disable Lightwav, I do not see this problem.

    Lightwav 5.3 plus the Sprint Update 1.08 have made my T650 operate much more reliably. But this screen problem is draining the battery when I don't catch it.
    BTW, do you have Freedom installed too?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  15. mmmm_beer's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #255  
    Smiley88,
    Any word on that issue I mentioned above? It gets annoying everytime it does that, I have to disable then reenable Lightwav, then insure that the ringer stills works (sometimes I have change the sound prefs from PocketTunes to something else, then back to PocketTunes to get it to play properly). The screen thing is the more annoying, since the ringer thing only happens once in a while. This is on a Verizon (CDMA) Treo 600.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    BTW, do you have Freedom installed too?
    I don't have Freedom installed. I have a Sprint 650 with the 1.08 update. I'm using the latest non-beta version of Butler, but the lightwav bug was there before I installed Butler and still there afterwards.

    The bug is there after every single call.
    Last edited by 2000 Man; 04/02/2005 at 08:13 PM.
  17. #257  
    I'm using lw 5.3 and ptunes 3.0.8. Every time the phone rings afterwards my active playlist setting is lost and I have to re select it. ptunes issue or lwav?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I don't have Freedom installed. I have a Sprint 650 with the 1.08 update. I'm using the latest non-beta version of Butler, but the lightwav bug was there before I installed Butler and still there afterwards.

    The bug is there after every single call.
    send us email at support@toysoft.ca for the new beta.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I'm using lw 5.3 and ptunes 3.0.8. Every time the phone rings afterwards my active playlist setting is lost and I have to re select it. ptunes issue or lwav?
    scottymomo! apparently this was the issue with ptunes for sometimes. if an external app that calls ptunes your current song is lost. have you contacted ptunes support?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    send us email at support@toysoft.ca for the new beta.
    Email sent. I'll try the new beta and report my findings.

    Update: The new beta works perfectly. It adds a couple new features and fixes a couple of bugs. The screensaver bug is now fixed. Great stuff.
    Last edited by 2000 Man; 04/02/2005 at 11:38 PM.

Posting Permissions