Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 360
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer
    I tried both 6 and 7 digits to match and both have failed. I will try unchecking the Match... option in lwav prefs to see if that fixes the problem.
    Yes we confirmed the bug and it has been fixed in version 5.2. A new update will be posted in the next day or two with MIDI and random MIDI support along with bug fixes.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  2. #202  
    I had 5.1 installed on my 650 for a while and then it stopped working. Every time I got an incoming call, no ringer would play and the device would reset. I disabled 5.1 and installed the 5.1.1 upgrade, and then my phone wouldn't reset on incoming calls, but the ringer still would not play. It would not play any ringers I had set up in Lightwav, and when I disabled Lightwav and returned the phone prefs to the correct state (no silent tones), those ringers wouldn't play either. Even after uninstalling Lightwav, the same thing happened.

    So I've now done about 6 different hard resets to find out that the problem returns (no ringers play, no Lightwav ringers or system ringers) as soon as I reinstall Lightwav 5.1.1. I don't know what could be conflicting with it because I have been installing it right after hard resetting, so I am apt to think it's a bug.


    Aargh...very frustrating, especially since (a) it seems to be working fine for other folks, (b) version 5.1 worked for a while (although I did have some weird random resets pretty frequently), and (c) I already paid for the full version but will likely pay for some other program since I just can't take a risk with this app again.

    -Sabrina
  3. #203  
    This may be covered in a previous post, but my LightWav ringer plays as well as the system ringer, evn though I have it set to "No Sound". Is there a fix for this?
    Go Gators!
  4. #204  
    I was really hoping to use this program but so far seems fairly buggy with sporadic resets...my 650 was been running excellent before installing, I will uninstall for now and hope all issues get resolved because it seems to have all the features I want.

    **Also noticed on snappermail which I have to automatically check mail every 30 minutes that it would play the sound everytime it checked mail even though there was no mail...I want it to *only* notify when I have new mail and not every 30 minutes when it gets checked.

    **I also had problems with photoID...I first added a .jpg and when the call rang it showed the caller ID but the screen was black, I then tried .gif and the same problem...pictures are located in /DCIM/ so I am not sure why it acts this way...resets for me seemd to occur while I was in the program and changing rings or doing something within Lightwav but nothing out of the ordinary that should make a program behave like that

    Once again like I said I really like the program but it needs to run reliable to be of any use...
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by KCGator
    This may be covered in a previous post, but my LightWav ringer plays as well as the system ringer, evn though I have it set to "No Sound". Is there a fix for this?
    Try the Silent one. both shouldnt be playing at the sametime.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  6. #206  
    Hey smiley88... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Where is the update???? Lightwav 5 is almost useless in its current state. I'm within an inch of canning this product altogether and banning it from my T600 unless this gets fixed soon.
  7. jhasty's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #207  
    One new bahaviour that I find annoying is the way Repeat Ringtones work. If I turn this on, the ring tones for incoming calls repeats the way I would like it. But then the sound I set for Disconnect Sound repeats over and over again until I hit the volume up or down button.

    If I turn off Repeat Ringtones, then on incoming calls, the ring tone only plays once and sometimes I miss the call.

    The Repeat Ringtone option should apply to "Disconnect Sound", "SMS Sound" , or "MMS Sound".

    Also, on the group ring tone list, the Play button does not work correctly if more than one group has a ring tone attached to it.

    Lastly, at least once a day, an incoming call triggers a phone reset. It resets twice and then goes back to normal. The error is listed while running Phone:

    Emul68K Common.c, Line:1648, Index out of range.
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    One new bahaviour that I find annoying is the way Repeat Ringtones work. If I turn this on, the ring tones for incoming calls repeats the way I would like it. But then the sound I set for Disconnect Sound repeats over and over again until I hit the volume up or down button.

    If I turn off Repeat Ringtones, then on incoming calls, the ring tone only plays once and sometimes I miss the call.

    The Repeat Ringtone option should apply to "Disconnect Sound", "SMS Sound" , or "MMS Sound".

    Also, on the group ring tone list, the Play button does not work correctly if more than one group has a ring tone attached to it.

    Lastly, at least once a day, an incoming call triggers a phone reset. It resets twice and then goes back to normal. The error is listed while running Phone:

    Emul68K Common.c, Line:1648, Index out of range.
    hi jhasty
    yes I had that problem too. smiley88 emailed me version 5.1.2 which fixed that problem but there are now so many other problems that it isn't even worth touching it further until there's another update. For example I get ringers playing for the wrong contacts or no ringer at all sometimes. I'm praying for a fix soon but I have to say I'm fast reaching the end of my tether. It's a great concept but it seems quality control needs looking at!!!
  9. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #209  
    weird, I get an occasional reset when getting a sms, but other than that I don't have any issues with the product.
  10. jhasty's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilzGr8
    hi jhasty
    yes I had that problem too. smiley88 emailed me version 5.1.2 which fixed that problem but there are now so many other problems that it isn't even worth touching it further until there's another update. For example I get ringers playing for the wrong contacts or no ringer at all sometimes. I'm praying for a fix soon but I have to say I'm fast reaching the end of my tether. It's a great concept but it seems quality control needs looking at!!!
    I've cut back on the number of SMS messages I get. But, yes, occasionally an incoming SMS causes a reset. That's what makes me point to Lightwav as causing this instability.

    I've had the other miscellaneous problems too. I suspect there is some integrity problem that if they ever find it will lead to a stable product.

    Tonight I will fall back to 5.0. It seemed more stable and doesn't have that repeat ringtone problem.
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    I've cut back on the number of SMS messages I get. But, yes, occasionally an incoming SMS causes a reset. That's what makes me point to Lightwav as causing this instability.

    I've had the other miscellaneous problems too. I suspect there is some integrity problem that if they ever find it will lead to a stable product.

    Tonight I will fall back to 5.0. It seemed more stable and doesn't have that repeat ringtone problem.
    if you want to make sure it is lightwav causing your resets then do this

    1. do not assign a sound to sms ringer
    2. do not assign custom ringtones to sms contacts
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  12.    #212  
    Lightwav 5.2 will be released in the next day or so. check the update site.

    MIDI, random midi ringtones is added back, fixed the repeat problem, added maximum ringtone volume and additional fixes.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  13. jhasty's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #213  
    I've already had three resets with 5.2. So I disabled the sounds for SMS to see if that is more stable.

    One of the resets happened while I was trying to play a ringtone assigned to the group entry. The Group menu is still very buggy even though the Group ringtones seem to work ok.
  14. #214  
    the group ringers don't seem to be working for me. it will default to the ringtone i have set for known callers. one good thing though, no resets .... yet.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    the group ringers don't seem to be working for me. it will default to the ringtone i have set for known callers. one good thing though, no resets .... yet.
    is "search for group ringtone" checked in the Preferences.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    is "search for group ringtone" checked in the Preferences.
    sure is

    edit: ended up deleting the "lwav_grp_ringers" file via filez and reassigned all the group ringers. *seems* to be working, for now. but i did notice that when i attempted to play the ringers in the group screen, it would play the ringer & picture associated with the group right below it.
    Last edited by ivyrose; 02/24/2005 at 11:15 PM.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    sure is

    edit: ended up deleting the "lwav_grp_ringers" file via filez and reassigned all the group ringers. *seems* to be working, for now. but i did notice that when i attempted to play the ringers in the group screen, it would play the ringer & picture associated with the group right below it.
    did you remember to delete lwav 5.0 before you install 5.1 or 5.2? if you had 5.0 and older you need to delete it completely from the launcher since the ringer database format has changed.

    when you play or test the sound your callerID picture will be displayed if selected.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  18. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #218  
    OK with 5.2 now, I don't have a picture selected for known or unknown callers yet a pic of my dad shows up everytime anyone calls me. Where can I find 5.1 so I can go back to that? I didn't have any problems with that version.
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    OK with 5.2 now, I don't have a picture selected for known or unknown callers yet a pic of my dad shows up everytime anyone calls me. Where can I find 5.1 so I can go back to that? I didn't have any problems with that version.
    that means lwav takes the picture from the custom ringer or the group ringer.
    double check and see if you have a picture assigned for your Dad.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  20. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #220  
    I do have one assigned for him, but he's not the one calling me. I don't have a pic assigned for unknown or know callers. Now no matter who calls me, my dad's pic shows up.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions