Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Is the update Free? Or du you have to pay for this update?
    Free
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I have never recieved an email to upgrade to 5.1

nevermind, email from upgrading to 5.0 still worked for 5.1
    yeah i didn't either and i no longer have the old upgrade email. smiley if you could resend it, i'd really appreciate it!
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Has anyone successfully used Lightwav 5.1?

Only the Unknown Caller or Known Caller mp3 ringtones play when a call comes in! I've associated mp3 ringtones to most of my contacts and only the Known Caller mp3 is played!

I also have a problem with KoolAlarms & Snappermail. KoolAlarms plays the new mail defined alert whenever (every 4 hours) Snappermail initiates a mail sync, but does not play when new mail is found.

Smiley88, are you there?
    Ndugu
    Lightwav 5.1 is working for me well.
    It now gives you an option to use all of the numbers associated with one contact ie; home, work, cell will all have the same ring without having to put them in individually.

Kool Alarms is another story. Does not seem to get along with Snapper too well.

Oh... and if you have the email from the last upgrade, you can use that to upgrade to 5.1 for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndugu
    Has anyone successfully used Lightwav 5.1?

Only the Unknown Caller or Known Caller mp3 ringtones play when a call comes in! I've associated mp3 ringtones to most of my contacts and only the Known Caller mp3 is played!

Smiley88, are you there?
    I have noticed the same behavior. The workaround that solved the problem for me is to refrain from associating a picture with a contact. It seems that contacts without pictures assigned will have the proper ringtone activated when that contact calls. Any attempt to associate a picture with that contact causes the problem you describe.
    Too bad this feature does not work properly; it is a neat idea.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Has anyone successfully downloaded 5.1 using the logonid and password sent out yesterday? I keep getting invalid logonid/password combination.

And I don't have the 5.0 email anymore.
    it's case sensitive
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    Has anyone successfully downloaded 5.1 using the logonid and password sent out yesterday? I keep getting invalid logonid/password combination.

And I don't have the 5.0 email anymore.
    the site will be back up later today.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    it's case sensitive
    I tried both ways.

The site is working now and LW 5.1.1 is available for download.
    you tried it both ways ?!?!?!
    Downloaded 5.1.1 and KoolAlarms and the latter says 14 DAY DEMO at the top. What's up with that?
    Where did you get 5.1.1?
    One annoying thing about Lightwav... If you get a call when you are listening to MP3s with PocketTunes, it will interrupt your music with the ringtone... and afterwards, it doesn't resume your music. It just stops. And when you push play again, sometimes it will resume your previous song, other times it will play the last song it played, which would be the ringtone you set for that last call.

Only a small annoyance I guess. It was cool before when I could listen to MP3 and PT would automatically pause upon incoming call and resume after call ends.

Oh well.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by Magubbi
    One annoying thing about Lightwav... If you get a call when you are listening to MP3s with PocketTunes, it will interrupt your music with the ringtone... and afterwards, it doesn't resume your music. It just stops. And when you push play again, sometimes it will resume your previous song, other times it will play the last song it played, which would be the ringtone you set for that last call.

Only a small annoyance I guess. It was cool before when I could listen to MP3 and PT would automatically pause upon incoming call and resume after call ends.

Oh well.
    that is the issue with ptunes and has nothing to do with lwav. send a support email to www.normsoft.com the feature had worked before but it doesnt work anymore in the newer version of ptunes.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer
    I have noticed the same behavior. The workaround that solved the problem for me is to refrain from associating a picture with a contact. It seems that contacts without pictures assigned will have the proper ringtone activated when that contact calls. Any attempt to associate a picture with that contact causes the problem you describe.
    i will definitely be buying this application once this issue is addressed, i'd really like the benefit of both the custom pictures and and ringtones, not one or the other..

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer
    Bassplayer, by picture association do you mean any picture at all (i.e. image association with contacts defined as Favorites using the built-in Treo 600 capability) or more likely, do you mean picture association using Lightwav's functionality? I only have pictures associated with Favorites and when I removed the picture associated with my home land-line contact, Lightwav & Ptunes still didn't use the assigned mp3 ringer, but only the defined Known Caller ringer! Otherwise, would you be suggesting that I must remove all Favorite pictures??

I think that the problem may stem from either some corruption in my contact database (which I highly doubt, since prior versions like Lightwav v3.1 still work!!!) OR Lightwav does not correctly capture the full list of phone number fields for each contact. I've noticed when defining ringtones for a few of my contacts, there are often "phone numbers" shown on the informational "Edit Ringer Lightwav" pop-up screen that are obviously not phone numbers.

After investigation, I've found that in my contact database I have email addresses with numbers in them and I have email addresses defined in between contact phone numbers. The attachment below indicates how Lightwav lists the contact numbers for contacts defined in my database.

I believe these entries with email addresses containing numbers or the fact that email addresses are interspersed between phone numbers are responsible for Lightwav's inability to match incoming calls with the assigned ringtones even though Lightwav does recognize that the incoming call is from a known caller.

Can Smiley88 or others confirm or test this theory?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ndugu
    Ndugu,
    I was referring to the picture assignment in lwav causing problems. When a picture is assigned in the Treo native Favorites (and not in lwav), lwav did not bomb.
    Furthermore, I agree with your description of the email containing numbers issue. I think the issue with lwav 5.1
    is that it cannot duistinguish between real phone numbers and other contact items in the Phonebook such as email (with or without numbers as part of the address). I commented on the same subject at "the other side" when another user described exactly the same problems we are experiencing.
    bassplayer,

After a number of attempts to solve the issue working with Lightwav support, I ended up resolving the problem after being asked by them what preference setting was I using to match the incoming caller id. I used the log feature of Lightwav to see what the caller id was and realized it was as expected. However, once I removed the check I had on the "Match last - 10 digits of phone #" preference, my defined ringers played successfully!!

Support has suggested that I attempt to "Match last - 7 digits of phone #" and this was also unsuccessful. So, although I've tested using the "Match last..." for both 10 and 7 digits, neither works even though the log file shows the same caller id for each test. What setting are you using?
    Ndugu
    I tried both 6 and 7 digits to match and both have failed. I will try unchecking the Match... option in lwav prefs to see if that fixes the problem.
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast