Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    me me ooh ooh ya ya I'll test it!!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    oh me too me too!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Me too. Having been reading all the comments and can't wait to see the first draft. Want too beta it. wjwhitty@yahoo.com
    any news on this app and when it will be in beta??
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    any news on this app and when it will be in beta??
    I have the notice typed up and ready to ask for beta testers. Hopefully I can get it out yet tonight. I want to make some final tests before I release the application for beta.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have the notice typed up and ready to ask for beta testers. Hopefully I can get it out yet tonight. I want to make some final tests before I release the application for beta.

Jeff
    Jeff you are so cool! I want to be on that list for sure.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    me too pretty please
    I want beta please. Where is this profile app?
    please exscuse me I am a treo novice, what does a profile app do?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I want beta please. Where is this profile app?
    It is called ScheduleCare and has been in Beta for 2 weeks now. Stage one is implemented and stage two is just beginning. In stage one, I developed all of the backend processing and the main profile engine is linked to calendar entries. Stage two will incorporate a traditional profile GUI to the existing implementation.

So what is available now is the following. ScheduleCare will control volume and tones for the phone, calendar, email, sms, mms, IM, system and game alerts. ScheduleCare also controls display brightness, radio state, bluetooth state and hotsync activity. All profiles are driven through calendar entries by adding flags to calendar entries or by creating profiles by assigning category names to specific commands. So for example you can create a calendar appointment for a meeting at 10am. In that meeting entry you put the flags !scA0!. This will automatically mute all sounds from your phone for the duration of this meeting and restore your old souds settings after the meeting. Another example would be a profile that will shut off your phone's radio every night at 10pm and turning it back on again at 6am the next morning. To do this, you simply create a repeating appointment and put the flag !scR0! in the entry.

The next stage of the program development will be to add traditional profile creation. I plan on doing this in the next week or two depending on how many changes I need to do to the base program during the remainder of the beta.

Jeff

P.S. You can find the beta here: ScheduleCare Beta
    I'd like to test it, too.

sndtubes@vacuumtubes.com

thanks,
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I'd like to test it, too.

sndtubes@vacuumtubes.com

thanks,
    Mike
    Sure. Like to have you. Goto the forum link 2 posts above. If you hurry you can still be in the running for a free registration key.

Jeff
    jeff..
    I have simple profile needs as far as like work, home, out etc..i love the app profile where I could manually change profile quickly by holding down opt key...
    I hope this is also added in your app.. & can work w/callfilters new update when released.
    profile & callfilter were the bomb together!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    jeff..
    I have simple profile needs as far as like work, home, out etc..i love the app profile where I could manually change profile quickly by holding down opt key...
    I hope this is also added in your app.. & can work w/callfilters new update when released.
    profile & callfilter were the bomb together!
    I will have a GUI and ScheduleCare will perform like a normal profile application. My target is to have this functionality available in 1 week. I do however have to attend a sales kickoff and a week of training next week, so that date may slip a little but not by much.

My plans are for this profile application to be the Mother of all Profile Applications! I first had to build the engine and now I am ready to build the car around the engine. I do however welcome as many people as possible to stress the engine to make sure it runs well. Now is the time to find errors before I add a bunch of code and complicate things. What I have now is the heart of the profile application. It would be nice to have it 100% beofre moving on.

Jeff
    great jeff..
    & the quicker its released, hopefully rob can add support for it in his new CF update..... hear that tekara? can u pass that on to rob?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123