Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got it from BlueHeadsets.com, $106.00 including the shipping. It arrived without incident, and the free car charger is a real bonafide car charger (don't know the real value of a car charger for a bluetooth headset when the thing has like a million standby hours and so many talk hours...charges in 90 minutes).

In any case, the headset connects virtually instantly when a call comes in, as opposed to 2-10 seconds, or not at all for the Motorola HS-820 that I returned. There is also little if any noticable static. It also rings (!!) when a call comes in, the caller ID actually works (the number scrolls since the screen is so small), and the sound quality in general is excellent. People on the other end say that they can't tell that I'm on a headset.

The fit is, like others have said, interesting. I found that by bending the ear clip a bit that it now fits me well.

I don't like the non-descript, difficult to locate-by-touch function button as opposed to the large one on the HS-820, but hey, the thing works.

I also don't like the loud, brain piercing 'beep' when a call is answered or hung-up. It HURTS! Also, the neck strap is a ***** to disconnect.

All in all, though, this headset is a keeper.
    Last edited by Asystole; 12/19/2004 at 05:31 PM.
    Thanks for the review. What phone did u try this with?
  4.    #4  
    Treo 650
    The 660 is the schiz....as I have said before, it works great.
    Got one ordered from Dan's cellular on ebay for $76. Should be here later this week!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    The 660 is the schiz....as I have said before, it works great.
    I'll second that evaluation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asystole
    Just got it from BlueHeadsets.com, $106.00 including the shipping. It arrived without incident, and the free car charger is a real bonafide car charger (don't know the real value of a car charger for a bluetooth headset when the thing has like a million standby hours and so many talk hours...charges in 90 minutes).

In any case, the headset connects virtually instantly when a call comes in, as opposed to 2-10 seconds, or not at all for the Motorola HS-820 that I returned. There is also little if any noticable static. It also rings (!!) when a call comes in, the caller ID actually works (the number scrolls since the screen is so small), and the sound quality in general is excellent. People on the other end say that they can't tell that I'm on a headset.

The fit is, like others have said, interesting. I found that by bending the ear clip a bit that it now fits me well.

I don't like the non-descript, difficult to locate-by-touch function button as opposed to the large one on the HS-820, but hey, the thing works.

I also don't like the loud, brain piercing 'beep' when a call is answered or hung-up. It HURTS! Also, the neck strap is a ***** to disconnect.

All in all, though, this headset is a keeper.
    To get the necxk cord out... like with the adapter DONT pull... pull in an angle direction.

It breaks in after awhile.. you dont want it just coming out or it would defeat the purpose

I love this thing
    Just got mine and I love it - but I wish it had a carry case like the Moto headsets. How is everyone carrying theirs? I refuse to use the neck strap and don't want to wear it full time. Anyone?
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    I actually kind of like the neck cord. It allows me to use the caller id fucntion and decide whether to answer or not. As it breaks in, it's been a little easier and easier to remove quickly to get it to my ear.

In particular, if you don't want to "show" that you're wearing it, you can slip it under your shirt or sweater. I never liked using belt clips, because i always believe that cell phones, etc. are not fashion accessories. They're meant to be used, not seen/worn. But that's just my opinion. My treo stays in my front pocket, and my 660 stays under my shirt on its lanyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Just got mine and I love it - but I wish it had a carry case like the Moto headsets. How is everyone carrying theirs? I refuse to use the neck strap and don't want to wear it full time. Anyone?
    Whatever you do dont put it in your shirt pocket!!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    LOL.. Yes, I remember filing your experience away in the back of my head while awaiting my 660's arrival.. Sorry about that, dude!

Sailrace, I get what you're saying -- and I do want to be able to make use of the caller ID function. But wearing it around my neck, well, I guess the only thing that could make me look geekier than having it on my ear would be wearing it around my neck like some wanna-be bling-bling... And, on more practical notes, I envision the seat belt causing issues, as well as the fact that the first phone call will result in my breaking it in a rage while trying to disconnect it from the strap before the call goes to voicemail.

So, to sum, I'd like it convenient to carry, but not obnoxiously out of reach. I do carry the Treo in a belt pouch ('cause I do NOT like the concept of it in my pocket for various reasons - sitting down in jeans being merely one of them), and I don't mind having another little pouch. I'd stick with the Motorola 850 - if only the Treo liked it.

- Joe

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I just don't think this thing is loud enough. I knows it's an issue with the Treo 650 and not the headset. When calls come in, I can do the mute, unmute fix if I don't answer the call using the button on the headset. However, when making a call the mute, unmute fix does not seem to work for me. Please Palmone fix this.
    I've found that angling the boom part up slightly seems to make the earpiece fit better in my ear, resulting in louder volume.

BTW, callers swearing on a stack of bibles tell me that they can't tell I'm on a headset. The real test will come Monday in the WiFi-saturated office. The Moto 810 and 850 did OK here in the house with one AP, but got pretty bad static in the office, which, admittedly, has enough APs to give cancer to a lead-wrapped corpse. We'll see!

BTW.. I didn't miss a redial option with this headset, did I? It doesn't have one, right?

No redial with the HBH-660.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    The real test will come Monday in the WiFi-saturated office. The Moto 810 and 850 did OK here in the house with one AP, but got pretty bad static in the office, which, admittedly, has enough APs to give cancer to a lead-wrapped corpse. We'll see!
    Do be sure to report on this as soon as you get a chance -- this is one question I'm really hoping for a postive result on!

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Do be sure to report on this as soon as you get a chance -- this is one question I'm really hoping for a postive result on!

-Brian
    Using my 660 within 3 ft of my 802.11g wireless router causes no significant interference to either. I'm amazed!!!
    Try using Jabra eargels over the speaker of the hbh660.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    I have ordered a 660 (my 4th bt headset: Jabra 250, SE 300, Moto 850 and now the 660). I am intrigued about adding the ear gels. Can someone post some pictures please? I am ready to go over to radio shack and get the ones mentioned, but would like to see how they are installed, a picture of the package (so I can get the right ones), etc.

Thanks. I am hoping that the 4th time is a charm...
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    I have ordered a 660 (my 4th bt headset: Jabra 250, SE 300, Moto 850 and now the 660). I am intrigued about adding the ear gels. Can someone post some pictures please? I am ready to go over to radio shack and get the ones mentioned, but would like to see how they are installed, a picture of the package (so I can get the right ones), etc.

Thanks. I am hoping that the 4th time is a charm...
    I posted some pictures the other day in the following thread. It shows what the ear gels look like (i got mine from an old wired wind-up headset i already had, but you can buy them separately for like $10 i think. It also shows the eargel installed from all angles, and then one picture of me wearing it in my right ear (reversed because the photo is in a mirror).

Hope that helps: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=5&pp=20
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast