Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Another thumbs up for this combo. Finally got my HBH-660 from Dan's today and paired them up with the eargels. Very useful. Volume is great in loud environments. And I love the fact that I don't need the ear hook. Sure the 660 can be a bit smaller, but the caller-ID screen is also a nice touch.
    I just got my 660 today, and it works great. When I first got my 650 I got the Moto 810, and was told I sounded like I was in a tunnel. I called people today with the 660, and they were surprised when I told them I was using a wireless headset. They said it sounded great!

Everything works as advertised, and it picks up the calls fast.

I bought both the colored and clear Jabra gels, and the colored one I have that has no 'lips' on the opening was hard to put on, and seemed to slip off easy. The clear one with 'lips', went on easier, and seems to want to stay on better. I will update this more as I get more use on it.

And of course I always have something bad to say about everything, their is no such thing as the perfect product. The display is smaller then I was expecting, and it only shows 6 digits at a time, with no "-". I was expecting it to at least show the number in the following format "123-456-7890" But instead it shows "123456" then scrolls to "7890" and of course this takes a little more time to look at when you are driving. It sure would be nice to have a phone hack to have it show the callers name instead. I have heard rumors that it will on other phones, but I can't confirm this.

It would also be nice if the conformation BEEP! was a little softer. Ouch!

Overall, I'm very pleased with it, it's fast, and the sound quality is top notch. I can now leave my phone in my pocket when driving, and safely answer it.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Day 2, and this thing rocks! It picks up fast, and sounds great!

It is a little strange getting used to having a Bluetooth device in my life. Let me elaborate.

Last night I went over to a friends house, and he couldn't hear me knocking at the back door. So I called him, I put my phone up to my ear, and heard nothing. I looked at the phone screen, and it said the call was Active, but I didn't hear it ringing, then I noticed the cancel headphones button. Yes, my HBH-660 in my vehicle in the driveway connected to the call. Again today in my living room, I called my voicemail, and the 660 in my vehicle in the garage picked up the call.

This is defiantly not something I was expecting, but will no doubt get used to. I now understand one reason to not have a headset with massive Bluetooth range. This problem would be eliminated by using a headset like the Motorola's that turn off when you fold them.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    hahaha I have this happen to me like once a day
    I gotta story to share... I work in the wireless dept at a Best Buy here in Atlanta. Lately I've noticed all the bluetooth headsets we've been selling (can barely keep 'em in stock!) We only sell two types of Jabras-- the freespeak 250 and the BT 180 (the one that takes a regular AAA battery.) We also sell the Motorola HS 810 and HS 820. While on the ffloor, I usually wear my HBH660 around my neck, or in my ear (I have the Clear eargel from radio shack on it too.) People notice it and will stand there looking thru the bluetooth headsets trying to find mine! I had a guy come in and want to return the Motorola he got for Xmas, and want to buy mine off my used today! He didn't even know about the caller ID feature either. I also noticed the range with this thing as well. I live in an apartment, and my car is parked at least 35-60 feet away outside. I left my phone outside and the headset was in my ear. I was talking while carrying groceries all the way inside the house and it wasn't until 10 mins after I hung up with the caller when I realized I had left the phone in the car! Yeah, I'm not going back to a regular headset again!
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    I received my 660 last week and have been messing around with the clear ear gels. I am completely unable to find one that allows me to remove the ear hook and have the thing stay in place. Am I missing something here or is this simply an anatomy issue?

I ended up taking one of the medium sized gels and cutting off the extra "flange" so that it fit better. It is still not great and I need to wiggle the device around to optimize the volume.

If anyone has other suggestions, I would be most interested. I did order the slic sound gels and am hoping that they will solve the problem.

Notwithstanding the fit issue, I do like the device thus far in terms of connection time and predictable behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    ...Am I missing something here or is this simply an anatomy issue?... If anyone has other suggestions, I would be most interested. I did order the slic sound gels and am hoping that they will solve the problem.
    I had the same problem. It may still be an anatomy issue for you but what helped me was insertinging the eargels without anything attached to them. This may help you figure out how the eargels fit into your ear properly.
    I have actually tried this, but find the form factor changes once it is placed on the 660 (it expands because of the size of the earpiece and it "stretches" the gel.)
    can the 660 work with any wired headset or does it have to be the one that comes with it... cause i for one am a fan of the jabra eargels v1 and dont like the new ones, and the hooks always loosen and fall off my head...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    I received my 660 last week and have been messing around with the clear ear gels. I am completely unable to find one that allows me to remove the ear hook and have the thing stay in place. Am I missing something here or is this simply an anatomy issue?...

If anyone has other suggestions, I would be most interested. I did order the slic sound gels and am hoping that they will solve the problem.

Notwithstanding the fit issue, I do like the device thus far in terms of connection time and predictable behavior.
    Greetings.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the same problem. I have the colored eargels and the clear ones (both made by Jabra) and nothing will keep this thing in my ear. I've gotten used to the hook thing, but I'm curious too about the Slic Sounds gels.

For those that have the Slic's. Are they easier to put on the 660?

Cheers and Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I bought the Jabra Gels today and man, what a PITA to get properly seated on the HBH-660!! Once on though, I was very happy with the fit in my ear (grey gel), sound improvement, and ability to be rid of the ear clip/hook. The headset is so much easier to quickly put on/take off and it stays in place quite well in your ear. However, I kept thinking there is no way this gel is going to stay on with the headset in my pocket and I dread screwing around with getting it on just right again. I kept having to handle the 660 with kid gloves. So I decided to make my gel a permanent part of the 660 and CrazyGlue the two together . Now I'm totally happy, but I caution anyone else trying this to make sure you have the gel seated exactly how you want it first. That CrazyGlue work like... well, crazy .

I'm using the clear Eargels and find that they do get loose. Do people with the colored variety find that they stay on pretty reliably? I'm considering using glue like MarkY describes above. My only concern is: will I ever need to replace the Eargel? Those who've used Jabra Eargels before: do these things "wear out" or need to be replaced often?
    Slic Sounds are extremely easy to put on the 660.
    I can't get the gels to stay in my ear either. I have the same problem with any earpieces. I think my big, dumbo ears are the problem. The need an XXL size, I think. I use the hook, but the sound level is low.

Anyone tried the newest Jabra? The 800, I think? The pictures show a very large speaker which may help we of the odd ears. The LCD i also pictured as very large and easy to read. It's not on the Jabra site, so Google to find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD Guy
    Slic Sounds are extremely easy to put on the 660.
    Has anyone tried both Slic Sounds and the Jabra Eargels? Does one type stay in the ear better? Do Slic Sounds stay on the HBH-660 securely?
    Just wondering something abt the caller id. Does it display the name or number of the person calling?
    My only complaint about the HBH-660 is that it doesn't support call-waiting. You can't use the button to switch between callers, or accept a new incoming call. Also the number of the call-waiting incoming call is not displayed on the headset.
    How would you see the display for a call waiting incoming call if you're already on the line and the thing's in your ear?
    :-) LOL! Good point!
    For you guys that have glues or are thinking of making your ear gel more permanent it should not be a big deal. If you use superglue to attach it goto down to the local hobby store that sells RC stuff (model airplanes, helicopters and etc.) they will have in their selection of cyanocrlate (super glue) a product made by a few companies call debonder. Just put some on and it will soften up the glue enough to get off the ear gel. Also works when you have glued you fingers together which I have done a few times. You can buy this stuff online at www.towerhobbies.com or www.horizonhobbies.com
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    Any one know why i am having problems pairing my hbh660 with my my replacement treo it recognizes my scaler but wont connect to the hbh 660 was working great before i received my replacement yesterday
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast