Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I just bought a pack at Radio Shack today. I think they were $7.99 for 6 (small, medium and a large for both ears). Big difference noticed. I will say that the beeping when the hbh660 turns on and off now is way too loud. Why in the world Sony put that in there I will never know. It's almost better to hit the answer button on the headset and then put it in your ear. Same goes for when you are ending the call, take it out of your ear first and then end the call.
    Yeah, i almost lost an eardrum today, because i normally keep the volume turned down now until i need it louder. I initiated a phone call in my car, so needed th crank the volume up a little. By the time i was ending the call, i was standing in our elevator at work. Hit the cancel button, and BEEEEEEEP. Just about ripped the thing from my ear it was so loud. Gonna have to remember that from now on.
    I bought the Jabra Gels today and man, what a PITA to get properly seated on the HBH-660!! Once on though, I was very happy with the fit in my ear (grey gel), sound improvement, and ability to be rid of the ear clip/hook. The headset is so much easier to quickly put on/take off and it stays in place quite well in your ear. However, I kept thinking there is no way this gel is going to stay on with the headset in my pocket and I dread screwing around with getting it on just right again. I kept having to handle the 660 with kid gloves. So I decided to make my gel a permanent part of the 660 and CrazyGlue the two together . Now I'm totally happy, but I caution anyone else trying this to make sure you have the gel seated exactly how you want it first. That CrazyGlue work like... well, crazy .
    I didn't find it so hard to get it on, but it sure seems like it wants to stay there as I can't detect any movement in it inspite of my "screwing it into my ear" each time I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    I didn't find it so hard to get it on, but it sure seems like it wants to stay there as I can't detect any movement in it inspite of my "screwing it into my ear" each time I use it.
    Hmm... maybe I'm just paranoid. With my luck the thing would fall off when I need to answer a call. At least I don't have to worry about it now - kind of like wearing suspenders and a belt (I don't do that).
    I agree with MarkY. Mine was a bit of a pain to get on, just getting it stretched around the plastic part on the 660, but I'm pretty sure that now it's on, it's not going anywhere. I've kept it in my pocket and wear it on the neck cord under my shirt/sweater, and so far, no movement in it what-so-ever, and i've had it this way since Christmas Eve. I'm so happy to now have what I consider to be the best engineered BT headset out there....too bad it didn't come this way.

I wonder why Jabra went away from the eargels and started making everything with the ear hooks. I find them far less comfortable, and actually less secure. These gels really do want to stay in the ear if you use the right size.
    I ordered one from Dan's Cellular on Dec 17th. Dec 27th and still waiting. I also ordered the slicgels silicone ear gels that were recommended on another post. FYI the url is www.slicsound.com .
    Thanks, everyone for the tip on using Jabra Eargels with the HBH-660. For those who want to get Eargels, this is the best deal I could find:

http://store.yahoo.com/exchangecellular/jaea2wi6ea.html

For $4.94 shipped, you will get a set of 6 Eargels as well as a Jabra Earbud headset (to give to someone without the fortune of a Bluetooth phone).
    Well, I just ordered the HBH-660, so am anxiously waiting for it, but in the meantime, being the perfectionist I am, I went to B Buy, and bought the colored Jabra ear gels, then went to Radio Shack, and bought the clear ones. I had to make sure I had the best ones for my ears, and the ones that would best fit the headset.

what I found out, is that the clear ones are softer then the colored ones, and they also have a bit of a lip that the colored ones don't have. So maybe this is the difference that makes some of you say that they go on easy, and others say they are a pain to get on. I would imagine that the clear ones would be easier to get on, since they are softer, and more pliable.

I have included a picture of both in the large right ear size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. I used the Radio Shack ones. They went on easy and stay put, but I think the lip you mentioned may be why the headset sticks out a little more.
    That's interesting. I can't quite make out hte detail on the colored one you show, but i have the colored ones, and i think mine looks just like the clear one in the picture. I didn't realize that they had different versions.

But that certainly sounds like it could be the answer.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    so since you bought both of them, which ones do you think fit better?
    I'm still waiting for the headset.......

Here's another picture from the opening, this shows the colored one a little better. It also has a little notch in the opening. Wow, are we ever beating this issue to death.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skydivewags; 12/28/2004 at 01:03 PM.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    I bought the clear gels, so far so good.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Wow, really? I ordered one from Dan's cellular on 12/17 and I'm still waiting too! I guess I'm glad it's not just me but it's still pretty bad waiting. I wonder what the heck the delay is. According to the email I got it was sent on 12/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottydon't
    I ordered one from Dan's Cellular on Dec 17th. Dec 27th and still waiting. I also ordered the slicgels silicone ear gels that were recommended on another post. FYI the url is www.slicsound.com .
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I ordered a different bt headset from him on the 15th, it didn't ship till the 20th, and I received it on the 27th.
    I ordered one on the 17th and got it on the 24th. However, I am in Florida, if you are on the west coast, USPS takes longer to deliver there. Then you've got Christmas and Sunday, and here it's only Tuesday. If you didn't get it today, I'd guess it would be tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    I dunno, I went to radioshack and bought a headset that has the same colored ear gels included and they seem to fall off rather easily. Also the large is the only one that fit adequately and it hurt my ear after a while.

I don't mind the ear hook, I just wish I could turn up the volume.

-Josh
    Take it back and exchange it for the package of clear replacement eargels. These go on easily and stay on - at least that has been my experience. Almost a perfect solution.
    ....got my HBH 660 today. Already had bought the eargels in advance. I'm impressed with the sound level, the fit of the eargels, and I am very satisified with the headset, finally this is the one, after trying the Jabra 250, Moto HS 850, and the Cardo Scala 500. The Cardo is a very close second and is a bit louder than the HBH 660 but after the eargel you really don't even need the BTMute app.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast