1.    #1  
    I have a SanDisk ImageMate 8 in 1 Card Reader. It "damaged/formatted/I'm not sure what" my SanDisk 256mb SD Card. As soon as I inserted the SD Card into the reader, all of the data was lost. When I put the card into my Treo 600, it won't even recognize the card anymore. SanDisk Tech Support is sending me a new card and reader, but they think that the Treo 600 is NOT COMPATIBLE with the reader.

Anyone have an idea what's really going on here??
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    Oh man, I need to find this out too. I have two of the card 8 in 1 readers (hm and wk), I love them. Please let us know what you find out.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 12/19/2004 at 10:30 AM.
    Have an Imagemate never any problems, did you eject it before you pull it out ?

Make sure it is fat file system.

Quote Originally Posted by treoman270
    I have a SanDisk ImageMate 8 in 1 Card Reader. It "damaged/formatted/I'm not sure what" my SanDisk 256mb SD Card. As soon as I inserted the SD Card into the reader, all of the data was lost. When I put the card into my Treo 600, it won't even recognize the card anymore. SanDisk Tech Support is sending me a new card and reader, but they think that the Treo 600 is NOT COMPATIBLE with the reader.

Anyone have an idea what's really going on here??
    Not sure what you have for an OS, nor do I know if this is anything similar to what you've seen...but I hope this helps:

I found that the card reader does some odd things under the following conditions:

PC: P4 3.2
    Device :Sandisk 8 in 1 card reader / cradle
    Card: SanDisk 256 MB SD Card
    In the device properties for the "Removable Disk" entries, I have caching disabled.

If I boot my PC, and then plug in the reader, I've never had a problem.
    If I hibernate or standby (and occasionally with a boot/reboot), WITH the card reader still plugged in (the SD Card was removed); then, after booting, inserting the card, I often got read/write errors when I tried copying large files (in the 2+ MB range):
    Event Log: System
    Source: Disk
    Error ID: 51
    Error Message: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk4\D during a paging operation.
    I also noticed while it was copying, the green light (which normally flickers during the copying) would totally go out for a second or two (and the event error would occur).

My own personal solution was to unplug the card reader from the Sandisk cradle before I shut it down. Sounds really lame, but I've never had a problem since. And, until I find a better solution...I'm not messing with it.

This once caused a problem with the data on the card after I got this error... I simply backed up any files that weren't backed up already (whatever was accessible), reformatted, and restored.

In general, I don't really trust flash cards as being the only location for data...so I use a simple batch file (using a couple of xcopy commands) to back it up / sync it to with my PC whenever I plug it in. I'm sure there are other backup/sync methods, but this works well for me. Regardless of the method, I would highly reccommend having some form of syncing/backup for your card(s) if you don't already.

While flash cards are major improvement to using floppy disks (remember those? ) I still use them the same way...as a temporary storage device.

Edit:
    I forgot to mention: Format as FAT (FAT16). Outside of the problem mentioned above, I have never had a problem using the SanDisk SD Cards with the Treo 600 or my PC.