Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I just upgade to version 2.48b this morning. It seem like something differece. Before upgrade to 2.48b I able to read AIM buddies's away message. Now in 2.48b I looked at AIM buddy away message. It cut into make more short away message (about limited to 20 charaters). I can't read whole thing.

Any idea that able to read whole buddy away message?
    The "contact properties" menu command in the buddy list view continues to give me the full away message. Also, you can use a smaller font on your buddy list view to see more of the away message if you are on the 650.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Gee... I'm using Treo 600 GSM. I guess that I'll have to wait to get 650 .

I just checked font it only small font. I tried to change to bigger font to see if the font is bigger in contact properties. I just check contact properties and the status font did not change.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I will say that this program looks a lot better on my Treo 650. the buttons on the bottom are nice looking now too.
    The most amazing new feature is the sync to email feature. That really is what Microsoft's Istanbul will deliver on the desktop next year, and is on my Treo today! This type of email integration makes so much sense, once you think about it.
    PDAApps keeps improving this product. I really like the new interface, and as was stated above, being able to auto-link IM contacts to their appropriate phone #s and emails addresses is very nice. Way to go PDAApps!
    Neil: I was actually referring to the sync-my-old-IM-conversations-to-email feature.... but what you said is part of this new goodness too.
    So how do you get this beta version? Do you have to purchase it first? I can only the 2.33 version for download on their website.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    So how do you get this beta version? Do you have to purchase it first? I can only the 2.33 version for download on their website.

In the VeriChat app (main Buddy List screen), go to MENU > HELP > CHECK FOR NEW VERSION.
    I don't see v2.48b either. I'm on 2.47b and if I check for for new version, I get a "no newer version of Verichat is available" pop up.
    Help us out here...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Whoa, I missed the subject title of this thread and didn't realize there is one newer than 2.47b. So I'm on the same boat. Where is everyone getting this 2.48b version? Or is 2.48b a typo.
    Looks like 2.49 is out now.
    Downloading 2.49b now.....
    Downloading 2.50b now..

Looks like they're coding their asses off over there.. great job.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Hmm, wonder what's in the newer versions. Anyone notice anything?
    Can't seem to find anything new in 2.50b. Possibly just bug fixes?
    I just wish there was a way to see the entire status of someone on your buddy list. It truncates. I wish there was a popup showing the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Finally.... I just upgarade from 2.48b to 2.50b. Now it have scrollbar in Status that able to read whole away message.
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Hmm, wonder what's in the newer versions. Anyone notice anything?
    In verichat, hit menu->help->about then click on the version number. Blazer will launch with the change log.
    From the PDAapps website:

Changes in VeriChat 2.50b

1. Features: The new features in this release are.

* Support for messages from AIM buddies not in your buddy list.
    * Completely updated UI.
    * New smart alert system.
    * Unified Messaging Support
    1. Support for linking IM buddies with contacts in the Address Book.
    2. New contact properties form.
    3. Call or email buddy with one click from various VeriChat forms.
    4. Sync old IM conversations to your email (see below).

* Optional detailed buddy status in buddy list.
    * Support for additional third-party applications for sending pictures, etc. .
    * Archiving of IM conversations
    1. Support for archiving IM conversations.
    2. Logging can be enabled or disabled or enabled for selected buddies or disabled for selected buddies.
    3. Logging can be enabled or disabled on a per-session basis.
    4. Total logging space can be limited.
    5. Can control when a IM session is considered "old".
    6. Export old IM Sessions to SD Card in html or text format.
    7. Sync old IM conversations to your email in html or text format, giving you a convenient place to store all your written communication.

* Enhanced support for the Treo 650.

2. Bugs Fixed: A number of bugs have been fixed in this release.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast