Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Ok... I downloaded Express from SprintPCS and figured it would be easiest for me because they give $10 credit a month for vision service....

I downloaded it at 8am and it still does not work... I get an error message when I try to update saying "Sorry your Express subscription has expired"

I called Sprint and imagine my surprise (not really) when I was transferred 10 times and still NO answer as to why it is not working.... I guess I should have just got it from the Handmark site but figured I would use the $10 a month Sprint gives you for free....

Anyone have a clue what is wrong because it pretty obvious that Sprint does NOT....

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by LunkHead
    Ok... I downloaded Express from SprintPCS and figured it would be easiest for me because they give $10 credit a month for vision service....

I downloaded it at 8am and it still does not work... I get an error message when I try to update saying "Sorry your Express subscription has expired"

I called Sprint and imagine my surprise (not really) when I was transferred 10 times and still NO answer as to why it is not working.... I guess I should have just got it from the Handmark site but figured I would use the $10 a month Sprint gives you for free....

Anyone have a clue what is wrong because it pretty obvious that Sprint does NOT....

Thanks in advance!
    I have used Express on my Treo 600 for over 10 months. Express is a subscription based product through Handmark and has nothing to do with your Vision package. You pay monthly or in chunks of months up to a year at a time. I personally love the service. The 411 with regular and reverse lookup is nice. Since I travel alot, I like the Movies section where I just enter the zip code I am in and I can see all the local theaters and what's playing instantly. Plus I like reading the news articles while I am stuck on planes, in the doctors office, etc....

So you will need to head over to http://www.handmark.com/products/detail.php?id=285 to subscribe. I personally like it and would recommend to at least try it for a month.
    It is great. I wish it was a little less expensive though.
    You can actually create a free trial account from your T650, It's very easy...
    Handmark Express is a great product.....just get used to having MANY resets...it loves them. Then call or email their helpline....they tell you to delete and reinstall the app. great solution Handmark <wink> how many times though? I have done that 10 times still having issues with it.
    Search the message board for the 100 dollar free software for Sprint customers thread. It goes a long way toward a yearly subscription for Express.
    First, what he is talking about is the fact that Express is now available directly from Sprint as a monthly recurring download of $6.99. I find this solution much more palatable because it goes straight to my bill, and my monthly download credit takes care of most of it.
    As for the error, I seem to remember getting it and having to delete and reinstall Express once. Its worked very nearly flawlessly since then.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Watch out if you store its data on your memory card. I ended up with some pretty serious data corruption--twice! Wrote Handmark and they apologized [not the answer I was looking for]
    I do remember that! You CANNOT store its data on your SD card. Any attempt to retrieve it will send your phone into a reset! Yea! Resets! Still, I had tried Express last year, but had two problems with it.
    1. If you had auto-updates set and were on the phone when it tried, it just kept trying. A few times this resulted in a frozen screen for me, a few times it resulted in a frozen screen AND dropped phone call. Seventy-eight miles an hour down I-95 is NOT the place to be trying to pull off your battery cover and reset your phone! Now the nifty little "option" window pops up when its getting ready to update! Don't want to right then? Click "skip update". Want it to get it over with? Click "run now". Aren't paying attention? After several seconds it will run it anyway.
    2. The billing options. Paying for one year's service definitely saves you money, but I don't like my credit card number being "out there" too much. Having Sprint bill me is perfect, AND I'm really only paying $1.99 a month because I get a five dollar credit a month for downloads which I NEVER used.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I do remember that! You CANNOT store its data on your SD card. Any attempt to retrieve it will send your phone into a reset! Yea! Resets!
    That's what happened to you. That has not happened to me and I have ALL of the channels on my SD card. I have not had ONE single reset due to Express.
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    That's what happened to you. That has not happened to me and I have ALL of the channels on my SD card. I have not had ONE single reset due to Express.
    I currently have the Express and would like to put it on my SD carb. I also have the FileZ but when I try to move all of the express files, I get all kinds of errors.

Appreciate any suggestions here. Thanks
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    I currently have the Express and would like to put it on my SD carb. I also have the FileZ but when I try to move all of the express files, I get all kinds of errors.

I just moved the express_moves.prc, Express_weather.prc and whatever channel I was using onto the SD card. It has to go into the Palm/Launcher folder on the SD card.

Then in express preferences, I checked show channels on SD card, so it will show up the channels as icons (you prob dont have to do this unless you want to see each channel).

I left the main express application in the internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann

If you open Express, highlight/select the channel with your stylus, and then hold the stylus down for a couple of seconds, a popup menu will display with an option to move the channel to your card.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    If you open Express, highlight/select the channel with your stylus, and then hold the stylus down for a couple of seconds, a popup menu will display with an option to move the channel to your card.
    That seems much easier!
    Thank you Cory J.