1.    #1  
    Treo 650 users : how do you perform several tasks in your treo 650?
    Like for example : browsing with Blazer while you also chatting using Verichat.
    Can you do that? what if you leave from Blazer to Verichat and then back to Blazer again....
    Will it re-draw the page again?
    I ask this because I have no trouble doing these in my ipaq 6365....

One more question : what is MSN messenger program in PALM? is it Verichat?
    Sorry, never used Verichat before....
    Quote Originally Posted by piterh
    Like for example : browsing with Blazer while you also chatting using Verichat.
    Can you do that?
    Yes you can. In PalmOS Garnet, apps have to specifcally written in order to multitask. Pdaapp's servers will keep you logged on in the backround and will automatically alert you of new IM's via either an active data connection or sms (I prefer the latter). You can recieve these alerts fine while browsing blazer...
    what if you leave from Blazer to Verichat and then back to Blazer again....
    Will it re-draw the page again?
    Yes it will.

One more question : what is MSN messenger program in PALM? is it Verichat?
    Sorry, never used Verichat before....
    There are numerous IM apps for palmos. I personally use verichat b/c it's easy and have been using it for ages. Read the following thread for an excellen discussion on IM options for the Treo.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...mundu+causerie

The list includes

Verichat
    Causerie
    Agile Messenger
    Chatter
    Mundu
    Chatopus
    etc

The last two onlyy require one time fee while the others are annual subscritions...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    gfunkmagic, thanks for your reply man....
    Wow that's bad if blazer re-draw again the page after we return to it....
    is there a way to prevent it?
    or any other browser will work better?
    Why is that bad? What behavior would "work better"?
    What would be better is if Blazer redraws from cache. Why the hell is Blazer re-loading the page which takes time and bandwidth? What is the purpose of the cache anyway in Blazer?

Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Why is that bad? What behavior would "work better"?
    why can the pocketpc multitask while the treo cannot? is it due to the limitations of the palm os?

I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the processor, although it might contribute a bit.

I hope this is the next evolutionary upgrade we see in the next treo line.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    What would be better is if Blazer redraws from cache. Why the hell is Blazer re-loading the page which takes time and bandwidth? What is the purpose of the cache anyway in Blazer?
    Does IE do this when you exit and then restart the browser?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sorry, I didn't see pitech's orig question:

"what if you leave from Blazer to Verichat and then back to Blazer again....
    Will it re-draw the page again?"

My comment was while in Blazer, not exiting and back to Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Xiino and WebPro redraw from the cache I think. not sure if they work on the 650 though
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    IE will stay open while you chat, check your email, or whatever.

So, when you go back to Pocket IE, it does nothing. The page is still there just as you left it. Waiting for you to click a link or whatever. Very similar to switching windows on a desktop Windows machine.

Blazer does indeed "close" when you switch tasks, though it does remember where you left off. When you go back to Blazer, it reopens, and then re-fetches the data either from the internet again, or from cache.

Outlook will download your email while you are surfing the web or playing a game. And you can start a download in Pocket IE, then go off and check your calendar. Blazer will abort your download if you switch to any other task.

Some Palm OS apps will "psuedo-mutitask" ie. Chatter and the built in SMS application, but few actually "multitask" in the way we have come to define the term, namely running several open programs simulateneously using pre-emptive multitasking threads, and using numerous open TCP-IP ports, with as much juice as the CPU and bandwidth will allow.

PPC does this quite well, while the Palm OS cannot (or maybe it's better to state that the application developers generally don't bother with it).

This is why the PPC is more "micro-laptop-ish" and the palm is more "phone-ish".

Neither is better or worse, it just depends on what you want/need.

I'm a longtime PALM user (and still am), but I am coming to appreciate the true computer capabilities of the PPC a little more each day.

Now if they could just make the darn thing stable ....
  11.    #11  
    GoodNamesRtaken, you got my point bro!
    that's what I'm trying to explain but regarding my limitation in English, I cannot explain in details like you just did.....
    I am planning to perform 2 tasks (in future with treo 650) which are : Verichat and Blazer/WebPro.
    What I'm afraid is while browsing, if I go to Verichat to chat with friends and then came back to Blazer/WebPro.... the browser will redraw and consume bandwith....
    That's my main concern.....
    Quote Originally Posted by piterh
    GoodNamesRtaken, you got my point bro!
    that's what I'm trying to explain but regarding my limitation in English, I cannot explain in details like you just did.....
    I am planning to perform 2 tasks (in future with treo 650) which are : Verichat and Blazer/WebPro.
    What I'm afraid is while browsing, if I go to Verichat to chat with friends and then came back to Blazer/WebPro.... the browser will redraw and consume bandwith....
    That's my main concern.....
    Yes, unfortunately that is the case. When you go out to Verichat, you will effectlively "close" Blazer. Now, sometimes Blazer will reload a page from cache instead of retreiving it again from the internet, but almost every time I go back into Blazer, it does indeed retreive the page again from the internet - thought not always (why, I don't know).

The cache settings in Blazer seem to be most relevant when you are in a surfing session, for instance, hitting "back" twice won't usually make you reload the two previous two pages (unless they have that annoying "no cache" meta tag).

Swithching back and forth between Blazer and another application is usually more time (and bandwidth) consuming than switching between Pocket IE and another application.

It's still an excellent mobile browser, and even beats Pocket IE in some compaibility areas ... but it does not multitask at all.
    Some other browsers will redraw from cache (couldn't tell you specifically which ones though)
    Xiino does draw from the cache there is a setting in options to use cache or get new page. Xiino is fast very fast at loading the pages too. I like the new blazer but don't use it xiino can do anything it can but faster. I have gotten 183kb sec downloading a 200k file with xiino only about 98 or 110kb with blazer. I have even tried it compared to webviewer it is faster then webviewer as well. At home hooked up to my linksys bluetooth adapter I get 395-425kbs browsing with reverse DUN. It is nice to work out at home with ptunes running shoutcast stations at 128kb sec and no caching or pauses. I like this 650 more and more everyday.