1.    #1  
    To anyone considering Chatter, let me just say it's a great program and that Marc is unbelievably available and responsive. And it's fast. I usually get mail on my Treo before it shows up on my desktop. Marc, as you are obviously getting closer to prefection and, I presume, the first non-beta release, I offer these few small suggestions:

(This one I've mentioned before, but in case you've forgotten) In the Inbox, the little scroll bar doesn't go quite to the top. The result of this is that you sometimes think that there may be a message just off the top of the screen. No big deal, just use the 5-way to scroll to the top, right? Well, the problem is that takes you off the messages and puts a blue box around the header: Inbox. Try to scroll back down and you can't. You're stuck there. To get back down to your messages, you have to then tap on one of your emails which opens that window.

I think it would be less confusing if you added the word "Go" to the online/offline command.

In Versamail, one could open attached images in the body of the email itself. Now it seems that I have to open them in the Pictures program (Is there a setting I could change?).

Hi-res icons in the actual program would be nice.

For idiots like me, it might be helpful to have a detailed description of what each setting in the Edit Mailbox section actually does. There are so many options that I sometimes wonder if I have all the settings right.

That's all. Thanks!
    I would love a one-button shortcut to move mail to a specific Exchange folder (i.e. old mail). I love that I can press D to delete. Pressing M brings me to a screen with all my folders and I have to scroll all the way down to my Old Mail folder. The wrong click and I have to go searching for my message. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    If this is a wish list, I would be interested in hi-res icons and smaller fonts. Also, I would like to be able to choose what shows first, iow subject, from rather than from, subject.
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    mark - Yes, those are on my list.

Marc
  5. rrs
    Being a registered owner of both Chatter and Snappermail (with IMAP), I've found that Chatter is miles ahead of Snapper in every area except the display of the message. The true "push" and background sync features make Chatter the easy choice. However, sometimes a message sent in HTML (it's possible they're RTF) format will not display in Chatter. (I'll get the header info but nothing below.) Other times, so much of the formatting is stripped out that the message is difficult to read because it runs together.

Is it possible to get Chatter to render HTML messages in a way that it preserves more of the formatting, keeps hyperlinks, etc? Also, it would be nice if the text of the message were displayed in a larger font. Some messages I have to read in Snapper because more of the formatting is preserved.
    rrs - I'm looking into HTML rendering now. Can you send me a message that you can't read well in Chatter? Perhaps it's a bug that's simple to fix...

Marc

p.s Do you have the latest 1.0b17.12?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    When you conquer this email, I'd love to see you move on to calendar and contacts-- keep this up and you can put Good out of business!
    I would also love to have some sort of filtering in Chatter so I can duplicate some of the rules I have in Outlook and not have to leave Outlook running.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.