Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if anyone has started a thread like this (didnt find one). i remember seeing a thread about this a long time ago about the 600.

What have you found in your hours of playing with the 650 that you thought was really cool, but some people may over look or never even find.

i was messing with the ringtones and realized you can record your own voice (or someone elses) and make it your ringtone.
    Do you mean what is built into the phone?

If talking addons, some cool things to showoff...

- show a movie with MMPlayer (looks much better than T600)
    - stream radio with PocketTunes
    - browse the Internet on laptop via bluetooth DUN
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Palm Desktop has a new Contacts view, with many more options, including Birthday. Once entered, a little Cake icon appears on the Treo, on that individuals birthday!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Do you mean what is built into the phone?
    yeah, i meant built in. sorry

i know when i got the 600 one thing i loved was when you hit the space bar while on the phone it changed to speaker phone, i learned that from one of the other threads. i'm pretty disappointed it doesnt work on the 650
    If the Treo is on in your pocket and the volume button is pressed (accidently), you have to click the small button below it to get the volume changed accepted. That way the ring volume doesn't get messed on you if it comes on for some reason (like an alarm).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I was going to hold off unitll the unit was a little older, so more people can give info and avoid common facts, but what the hay

Opt+Right Shift on the keyboard will dim the screen
    You can record your own sounds for tones when you use the "new" choice in the sound prefs
    The "call Back" option and Icon in the OEM SMS app
    The PTT button (under the volume) will do things in Blazer (if not other apps).
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    The PTT button (under the volume) will do things in Blazer (if not other apps).
    I couldn't find anything the PTT button does in Blazer. What did you find?
    Rees
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf
    Palm Desktop has a new Contacts view, with many more options, including Birthday. Once entered, a little Cake icon appears on the Treo, on that individuals birthday!
    Just don't delete that reminder in Calendar, 'cause it'll delete the whole record in Contacts!

Seriously, though, good tips. Didn't know about the dimmer one!
    Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this, but tonight I found the delete (backspace) key in Blazer goes to the previous page. Really fast and cool!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Just don't delete that reminder in Calendar, 'cause it'll delete the whole record in Contacts!

Seriously, though, good tips. Didn't know about the dimmer one!
    Geez... turns out this is a BUG! Thanks for the link to the thread addressing this. Sure hope they include this fix when they address the memory (and other) issues.
    Here's one more "feature"... there is a Date Stamp option in Camera... very helpful.
    1) How can the space bar be used in different apps? 2) Is there some type of Home keyboard shortcut (when you want to go to the first part of a line of text)?
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR
    I couldn't find anything the PTT button does in Blazer. What did you find?
    See,s to select links and luanch them, I found this last week and was not going to post about it untill I knew if it did anyting else in other apps, it looks like it doesn't according to another post from SXTG.
    I can't agree with you here. On my 650, the backspace key reloads the previous page and takes time (green arrows = data download). It is anything but fast. On the 600 however, the backspace key gets the prvious pages from memory (cache) and it is fast. Why did PalmOne take away a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this, but tonight I found the delete (backspace) key in Blazer goes to the previous page. Really fast and cool!
    Go into the menu for Blazer and specify a larger cache. I suspect Sprint (or Palm) tweaked it down since the new file system would bloat it pretty quick. Sprint, last I knew, was not in the business of trying to generate extra network traffic when it could be avoided. At any rate, increasing the cache will make Blazer act as it did on a 600.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Burkhardi,

I think apps will come that use the side button. Right now I can't find any ROM based (at least P1 intentional :-) ) that use the button. I also think its hardware for PTT, but I doubt the 650 will be the first TREO like device to get PTT
    With Sprint buying Nextel, it's possible PTT will be available for the 650, but probably unlikely. However, it is odd that the button is just "extra." With real estate at a premium, it's hard to believe this space is essentially squandered. I know this issue has been discussed previously. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, to keep on topic, my favorite "unknown" cool thing is using the screen as a flashlight!
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I just stumbled on a very cool feature:

If you come across a photo on the web and you want to save it, just click and hold on the image, and it will automatically transfer to the built-in Pics&Video application.

It's very handy for saving maps.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I just stumbled on a very cool feature:

If you come across a photo on the web and you want to save it, just click and hold on the image, and it will automatically transfer to the built-in Pics&Video application.

It's very handy for saving maps.
    I found this too!! Very cool indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    It does the same when using applications like MS IE on your computer
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast