Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    There is a 'tip' portion to it.

-You can have distinct ring tones for any contact in your 'favorites' list. Go to 'edit favorite' and pick your ring tone.

-As for MP3 ringtones, it is possible, but requires Ringo Pro, or similar 3rd party application.
    -Laz
    Versamail handles zip files. Just noticed this last week. I got an attachment and wasn't paying attention to the type of file (I knew the source and wasn't worried about it being anything dangerous). I clicked on the attachment and a screen came up showing me the files in the zip file and asking if I wanted to do with it: View (sleecting type of viewer) or save to card. I'm actually not sure if it's Versamail that handles directly or DocsToGo, but either way they are handled without any extra software.
    In Blazer, tap and hold (I use fingernail) on text while hitting the Nav DN button to select multiple pages of text.

I sometimes drag & hold my fingernail to the bottom of screen and wiggle left & right to select additional pages of text.

Mentioned somewhere before, but jumping back & forth between Blazer and Applications (like email) is easy if you tap (Cancel) when returning to Blazer. Try It.
    FastFrank
    How about hitting the option key and the right shift....
    dims the screen for night use but press it again and instantly bright for use outside in the sun again!
    I LOVE THIS BOARD.....Thanks, what great info.
    My first VP died when I dropped it to much - the antenna snapped off & couldn't be repaired. I got a brand new replacement on EBay for peanuts - may still be available (I want to hold onto mine)
    I bought a zoom bluetooth usb device and used Windows XPs Internet Connection Sharing to give internet access to my treo via bluetooth. I can browse the internet and check my gmail even when I am in my garage.

Would anyone know of any application that will enable me to listen to an internet radio from a treo?

I was not able to read the entire thread so apologies if this has been posted before.
    Quote Originally Posted by muttdaemon
    I bought a zoom bluetooth usb device and used Windows XPs Internet Connection Sharing to give internet access to my treo via bluetooth. I can browse the internet and check my gmail even when I am in my garage.

Would anyone know of any application that will enable me to listen to an internet radio from a treo?

I was not able to read the entire thread so apologies if this has been posted before.
    That'd be Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The Treo 650 can actually send an receive phone calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaggard
    You sure you don't have some kind of hack installed? Sprint has disabled this functionality on my treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaggard
    SWEET! I don't have to carry this bag phone anymore!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

OK, I realize probably one or two other people (besides me) may not know this, but I just found out today that my 650 can actually send more than one pic as an E-mail attachment at a time.

When I tried to use it that way prior I seemed to have had some sort of a problem.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory
    Great Thread! I found so many nifty tricks that I wanted to try that I had to grab a pen & paper as I couldn't remember them all and didn't want to jump in and out of Blazer over and over. Keep 'em coming.

Ivory...
    Slight digression (in that this tip requires third-party apps), but to save you masses of time in future: ditch the pen and paper, that's why you got yourself a smartphone

1. Get DA Launcher 5

2. Get TealTools Plus and install the Popup Memo Pad

3. In DA Launcher, specify one of the two favourite icons to Popup Memo Pad

Now, within any application, just bring up the short cut menu (by doing an upward slash) click on the DA shortcut icon which will make a small memo pad window popup on top of whatever you're viewing (e.g. Blazer). This means you don't have to exit your current application to take or view notes Your can save up to 8 note pages, or you can export them to the memo pad, which means you can re-use them in other applications too.

Now, in Blazer, you don't have to keep reloading/rerendering a page every time switching back and forth between the memo pad app. I use this setup to take notes by copying info from web pages and pasting them into Popup Memo Pad as I'm browsing.
    Last edited by clie2k; 06/14/2005 at 12:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgiver
    Hi There is a disconnect option in Blazer, that's the one I use to disconnect from GPRS.
    Where is this disconnect option in Blazer?
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrshe
    Where is this disconnect option in Blazer?
    Go to "Prefs" then network.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Go to "Prefs" then network.
    A friend has a T650 on Cingular and can not find anything under network in Prefs about disconnecting when exiting from Blazer.

Is this a firm ware or carrier specific option?
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    A friend has a T650 on Cingular and can not find anything under network in Prefs about disconnecting when exiting from Blazer.

Is this a firm ware or carrier specific option?
    Sorry my post was a little short. Couple of questions so we can get the right answer for you. Does he want to disconnect the web while he/she is still in blazer? Or do they want it to disconnect when they exit blazer? Or.......................
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Nevermind, I thought there was a setting for blazer to disconnect on exit, but, it looks like that setting does not exist. The other thing to do is go in to the main screen (launcher), goto "Prefs", "network", then hit diconnect. I don't think this is what you were looking for but it is the best I could come up with.
    Nice thread, learned a couple of tricks or two
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Nevermind, I thought there was a setting for blazer to disconnect on exit, but, it looks like that setting does not exist. The other thing to do is go in to the main screen (launcher), goto "Prefs", "network", then hit diconnect. I don't think this is what you were looking for but it is the best I could come up with.
    O.K. yeah he was complaining that when he leaves blazer it continues to download whatever and that he has to manual disconnect from his data network.

I was confused because on my SprintPCS phone, once you leave blazer it stops, but you are still connected to Vision.

Sounds like he does have to manually disconnect from blazer then...

Thanks for the help
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast