Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I'm sure more seasoned Treo users know this, but I thought it was cool.

I hate the little astrick which keeps popping up when you have an alert. You can't 5-way to it and the only way to open it to clear it is to tap the astrick on the screen. I found out if you press-hold the center button it takes you right to the alert screen! Great time saver for me!! Works in both phone and app screens!

-rosh
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf
    Palm Desktop has a new Contacts view, with many more options, including Birthday. Once entered, a little Cake icon appears on the Treo, on that individuals birthday!
    This is on the Windows version of Palm Desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    [*]The POP protocol doesn't support "get unread messages" so it's not a bug in VersaMail when that feature doesn't work for you....
    I've read this before, but it isn't true. The POP protocol does support this feature -- or at the very least, POP clients are able to download unread messages. VersaMail does this correctly as long as read messages aren't deleted (they can remain in the trash).
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    I've read this before, but it isn't true. The POP protocol does support this feature -- or at the very least, POP clients are able to download unread messages. VersaMail does this correctly as long as read messages aren't deleted (they can remain in the trash).
    In the Versamail user manual is say says the option to retrieve only unread mail is not supported for POP accounts. So it's a limitation with Versamail (at least the version currently on a 650), and not with POP3. POP3 definitely supports downloading only unread mail.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ha...rsaMail_UG.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    When entering a new appointment, for example "Lunch with David", type the "Lunch with" the press <Menu> L. This will open the contact database. Type "dav" and all the David's that you know will display. Scroll down the the right one and hit <Select>. The full name and primary number will be placed into the appointment.
    That's slick, and I also notice if you click on a name in an existing appt and use <Menu> L it'll look up the contact for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    In the Versamail user manual is say says the option to retrieve only unread mail is not supported for POP accounts. So it's a limitation with Versamail (at least the version currently on a 650), and not with POP3. POP3 definitely supports downloading only unread mail.
    The VersaMail option to download only unread mail works just fine for me with my POP-only account: i.e. if I get mail once, and then again, the second time I click on "get," the same mail is NOT downloaded, as long as it isn't deleted (i.e. removed from trash).
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    The VersaMail option to download only unread mail works just fine for me with my POP-only account: i.e. if I get mail once, and then again, the second time I click on "get," the same mail is NOT downloaded, as long as it isn't deleted (i.e. removed from trash).
    Yeah, and maybe I'm entering pedantic territory here but you should be able to delete the mails on the treo and not have VersaMail download them again.
  8. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    When in blazer, press right on 5 way you can skip around the hyperlinks. No reason tap with your fingers on the screen.
    I use this all the time - although it doesn't work in Wide Page Mode. Also, if your cursor is on a webpage you can move it up to the menu bar by hitting the space bar. Once you are done hitting the space bar again brings right back to the same spot on the webpage. No need to use the stylus at all in Blazer.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    I use this all the time - although it doesn't work in Wide Page Mode. Also, if your cursor is on a webpage you can move it up to the menu bar by hitting the space bar. Once you are done hitting the space bar again brings right back to the same spot on the webpage. No need to use the stylus at all in Blazer.
    It is a god send when on the couch at a friends house. (i.e. they don't have WiFi)

Side Note: Is that the 2005's M5 Badge?
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    if your cursor is on a webpage you can move it up to the menu bar by hitting the space bar.
    ...and if the page is in the process of loading, space bar moves the cursor to the Stop button. Much easier than left-arrowing all the way there.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Just some questions from a new 650 user I've never used a Treo before and the device looks promising

[*]You can use a favorites button to save an address group for multiple SMS receipients.
    Which button is the "Favorites" button? Do you mean the "side button" as described in the manual (the one below the volume buttons)?

[*]You can send an SMS while on an active phone call.[*]You can change the font size in Blaze to "small" to get more on the screen at once.
    Do you mean there is keyboard combinations for these functions? How is it done?

And a final and general question:
    Does anyone know of a better way to disconnect from network than 'Prefs-Network-Disconnect'? I know you can disconnect in the menues when in an app, but there isn't a meny choice in VeriChat to disconnect from network. At least I have not found one....
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Just some questions from a new 650 user I've never used a Treo before and the device looks promising

Which button is the "Favorites" button? Do you mean the "side button" as described in the manual (the one below the volume buttons)?

And a final and general question:
    Does anyone know of a better way to disconnect from network than 'Prefs-Network-Disconnect'? I know you can disconnect in the menues when in an app, but there isn't a meny choice in VeriChat to disconnect from network. At least I have not found one....
    Hi There is a disconnect option in Blazer, that's the one I use to disconnect from GPRS.
    This is posted elsewhere - but if you want to view an alert without having to tap the '*' icon you can press the 5-way nav for a couple of seconds and the treo will bring up your alerts.

shy
    Quote Originally Posted by shy dawg
    This is posted elsewhere - but if you want to view an alert without having to tap the '*' icon you can press the 5-way nav for a couple of seconds and the treo will bring up your alerts.

shy

That is now the 3rd time mentioned in this thread....
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    You can use a favorites button to save an address group for multiple SMS receipients.
    The favorites buttons are the touchscreen buttons at the bottom of the main phone screen.

You can send an SMS while on an active phone call.
    You can change the font size in Blaze to "small" to get more on the screen at once.
    To send an SMS just go to the SMS application while on a phone call, type the message, and send it.

To get the small blazer font go to Blazer's Menu -> Options -> Font and select the "small" size.
    Probably I'm overlooking the obvious, but how do I open a task to change its details without using the stylus? When I click the center of the 5-way on a task, the task is checked off as complete (or if already complete, is unchecked). I can use the stylus to push the Details button, but I can't select a tassk and then use the 5-way to get down to the Details button -- the task goes unselected. What am I missing?
    There are a couple of threads to the effect that the recording your own ringtones feature doesn't work... does it work for you?

Thanks
    Last edited by tundycentral; 04/04/2005 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RProbst
    Probably I'm overlooking the obvious, but how do I open a task to change its details without using the stylus? When I click the center of the 5-way on a task, the task is checked off as complete (or if already complete, is unchecked). I can use the stylus to push the Details button, but I can't select a tassk and then use the 5-way to get down to the Details button -- the task goes unselected. What am I missing?
    It works.
    When you first open tasks the top and bottom of the list is highlighted in blue.
    just push the center button once... scroll to the task you would like to edit... push the five way to the right until you are on details... push the center button.

Works fine.
    Longstrider, thank you. I hoped there was something simple I was missing... and there was!
    This might be common knowledge, but...

OPT + Left Shift brings up Global Find.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast