Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stageworks
    THANKS THATS IT!!!!! IT WILL MAKE MY LIFE SOOO MUCH EASIER
    No problem. And you can always assign it to open without the Option key under Prefs\Personal\Buttons
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Press email button-->brings up Versamail. Press Option+email button, brings up SMS. You can remap these buttons to invoke any application though under System prefs. Another one is Option+Green Phone brings up a web browser and Option+calendar brings up the clock. FYI, all of this is in the manual.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    When in blazer, press right on 5 way you can skip around the hyperlinks. No reason tap with your fingers on the screen.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Oh, yeah. I remapped it, since I almost never use messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    When popping up the 'Alt' character menu, instead of 5-way up/down you can repeatedly press the 'Alt' key to cycle through the choices.
    Adding to this tip...When you get to the desired character you don't have to travel up to the center button, just press the "space" bar to type the selected character.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Here is one for all of those who have upgraded from a Treo 180/270/300/600 and have old feature blinders on:

1) There is now a time zone option for appointments in the calendar program that automatically adjusts the appointments time when you roam to new time zones. This was really useful before I discovered the automatic time update bug and had to remember to reset the time zone manually at each new airport. Great feaure for the jetset.

2) Stupid Outlook trick: The caller ID picture is synchronized with outlook's contacts. It is far simpler to add pictures to your contacts in Outlook than it is to try and import them on your Treo.
    I used this feature on my T600, but I'm having trouble remembering how to do it (or perhaps it's not a feature of the T650): I set a preference in my T600 so that whenever I entered a new event in the calendar, it would automatically set an alarm for that event. Again, how is this done?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kohn
    I set a preference in my T600 so that whenever I entered a new event in the calendar, it would automatically set an alarm for that event. Again, how is this done?
    It's a stupid place to put it, but here it is:

Preferences --> Sounds & Alerts --> Calendar --> Tones --> Alarm Preset

IMHO, this should be in the Preferences of the actual Calendar app.
    To quickly send a file from the Treo without hotsyncing (and for those w/out BlueTooth), you can beam via IR. In Documents to Go or FileZ (probably other apps too), select the file you want and select the Beam Icon or Send/Beam and the file will transfer to your Laptop. I thought you could go the other way too, but can't seem to get my laptop to recognize that my Treo is there except by starting a transfer from my Treo and then sending the file from my Laptop.
    When entering a new appointment, for example "Lunch with David", type the "Lunch with" the press <Menu> L. This will open the contact database. Type "dav" and all the David's that you know will display. Scroll down the the right one and hit <Select>. The full name and primary number will be placed into the appointment.
    The new "repeat" feature in the Task application is great. You can create a task such as "Pay Car Lease" put in a due date and set it to repeat monthly. As soon as you click it as "done" this month, it'll set it up as a new task ready for next month's reminder.

With this option built-in, I now no longer use DateBk5, saving me >700Kb of RAM. Sure DateBk has other great features this one was the only one keeping me from using the built-in app.
    Genald,
    I have the same problem with my laptop. Transfer only works from Treo --> laptop, not the other way, since the laptop doesn't recognize treo unless it is sending something.
    There is now an Agenda view for the Calendar, which is similar to a "Today" screen. It lists appointments, todo list, unread email, etc. Plus, you can put your favorite pic in the background and "Fade" it.

Go to Calendar. Hit Menu -> Display Options. Change your default view to "Agenda". Here you can select a background and play with the "Fade for it".

Also, upon startup you cannot use the 5-way to move from Agenda view to day or month view. Simply hit the Calendar hard button again and it will switch to the next view. VERY handy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    When entering a new appointment, for example "Lunch with David", type the "Lunch with" the press <Menu> L. This will open the contact database. Type "dav" and all the David's that you know will display. Scroll down the the right one and hit <Select>. The full name and primary number will be placed into the appointment.
    Sweet!
    Not sure if has been mentioned. I found that Shift + Space = TAB which can also cycle through fields on a form in places where 5 way nav-Down is not supported.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I've found no reference to this cool feature in any manual.

Did you know that you can delete any single message that is contained within a SMS thread?

Use the navigation up arrow to outline the dialogue portion of the SMS thread window. Once outlined pressing the center button will highlight individual messages within the thread. Use the up/down arrows to select the message you want to delete and then the center button again will pull the message into its own window, giving you the option to delete or forward.

I find this particularly handy when I want to delete a slightly riske' message without deleting the entire thread.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Did you know that you can delete any single message that is contained within a SMS thread?
    I find this particularly handy when I want to delete a slightly riske' message without deleting the entire thread.

K
    Exactly. No need for the nosey woman to find those messages.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Exactly. No need for the nosey woman to find those messages.
    Ima gwerl, and you guys are worse!

K
    One thing I miss from the 600 was the ability to jump from one SMS to the next without having to go back to the main SMS screen (there were "prev/next" arrows or something on the 600).
    Has anybody figured this one out?
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Ima gwerl, and you guys are worse!

K
    gwerls can have nosey women too. I know, I've watched Springer.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast