Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I just stumbled on a very cool feature:

If you come across a photo on the web and you want to save it, just click and hold on the image, and it will automatically transfer to the built-in Pics&Video application.

It's very handy for saving maps.
    I've never been able to get this to work. I'm using the built in blazer.

When you say "click and hold" are you using a stylus? If I use the center of the nav-pad it just brings up my alerts...it doesn't save the picture.
    xenophonite --

Can you guide me through this? I have my T40 paired with my Treo650 and set-up DUN. This is what I used:

Dial: **99***1#
    User: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: cingular1

I fails to connect everytime. With Shadowmite's hack, I can only enable DUN with GPRS turned off (when GPRS is on, DUN will not enable and an error pops).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    - browse the Internet on laptop via bluetooth DUN
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I just stumbled on a very cool feature:

If you come across a photo on the web and you want to save it, just click and hold on the image, and it will automatically transfer to the built-in Pics&Video application.

It's very handy for saving maps.
    Ahhh, that is so Sweeeet! Works for me.

Tiffany, I will try it in MS XP and see if it's a go.

Thanks.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    the side-button below the volume buttons can be used to cancel out of the Palm drop-down menus...

also for the screen dimmer... try option-P.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    You can record your own sounds for tones when you use the "new" choice in the sound prefs
    Now P1 is saying you can't use voice recorder ringtones for caller ID, check out this thread.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    A few more:
    • You can use a favorites button to save an address group for multiple SMS receipients.
    • You can send an SMS while on an active phone call.
    • You can change the font size in Blaze to "small" to get more on the screen at once.
    • The POP protocol doesn't support "get unread messages" so it's not a bug in VersaMail when that feature doesn't work for you....
    Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike
    xenophonite --

Can you guide me through this? I have my T40 paired with my Treo650 and set-up DUN. This is what I used:

Dial: **99***1#
    User: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: cingular1

I fails to connect everytime. With Shadowmite's hack, I can only enable DUN with GPRS turned off (when GPRS is on, DUN will not enable and an error pops).

Thanks!
    Don't know if this will help you, but User and Password parameters should all be uppercase. Here are the settings I use with my PPC which work. I will be getting my unlocked Treo 650 on Valentine's Day and I will post if there are any differences. In the meantime, here are my settings:

Dial: *99***1#
    User (All uppercase): WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password (All uppercase): CINGULAR1
    Last edited by Clovis; 02/14/2005 at 09:23 PM.
    Would the following cool feature count?

The Treo 650 helps support many application developers by forcing users to purchase a dozen or so third party apps in do what most free phones do out of the box.

t
    Getting a 650 allowed me to throw my 6601 in the garbage. Best 8 oz. of weight that I've ever lost!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    Getting a 650 allowed me to throw my 6601 in the garbage. Best 8 oz. of weight that I've ever lost!

So are you saying the Treo is that much better than the PPP6601? Why,
    One of my favorites actually worked on the 600 and I never knew it until the roadshow. That is when you are in phone favorites if you hit the space bar, when one is highlighted, it will give you a list of other contact numbers for that same person, if you linked them via contacts.
    Getting back on track with the subject. The things that I found for email (VersaMail)were:

1. Pressing the email button repeatingly will toggle between multiple email accounts.
    2. While reading an email, pressing the "space" bar will go to the next email message (Regardless of whether the cursor rests on done, delete or what ever.
    3. Pressing the backspace button will delete the message you are reading (moves to deleted folder).

Other

1. To do a menu shortcut, you would hit the menu button and then the letter key. So to delete /D you would hit menu then D.

2. You can assign characters to your favorites so that when you are in the Phone app you can hold down the "C" key to launch the call log; "V" for voicemail, etc.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    There is a hidden terminal in the Network preferences. Go to the Prefs | Network. Connect to GPRS or 1xRTT or whatever. Now open the menu item Options | View Log.
    Tap an insertion point and type ? and hit the enter key (down and left arrow on the keyboard). You see a series of command you can use. All unsupported but very cool stuff - Ping and Finger are the most useful IMO.

PS this works on all Palm OS handhelds.
    And another... it is not very obvious but when you are editing the Speed Dial pages (favorites) in the Phone application, you can drag and drop favorites between pages of favorites. Pick em up with the stylus and drop em on another page.

Option + Up or Option and Down in the Launcher is page-up and page-dn respectively. Some other apps support this too.

This is not really a built-in apps tip but it shows how to reveal the possibilities of the 650. i.e. what filetypes are handled by the 650 and where files need to be stored to take advantage. There are two applications that help to reveal this information (both read the Unsaved Preferences file AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK):
    PalmInternals http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=46801
    and even better:
    DefaultDirs - http://www.chocopoolp.com/others.html. You need an SD/MMC card inserted for this to work.

DefaultDir reveals that the Treo 650 handles these extensions:
    .qt - quicktime movies
    .rm, .ra, .rms, .rax and .rnj - Real Media
    .mpeg, .mpg, .avi, .mov, .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .gif, .bmp, .rle
    .wav, .mp2, .mp3, (.ogg if you have pTunes installed)
    .pqa - why even bother with palm.net gone?
    .prc and .pdb - obviously
    .asf, .dib, .jif, .jpe, .mpa, .mpe, .mv1
    A few audio oddities - .plm, .pom, .sa1, .sp1, .tkm
    mpeg video formats: .3gp, .3g2
    Last edited by mwomwom; 02/21/2005 at 04:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    When popping up the 'Alt' character menu, instead of 5-way up/down you can repeatedly press the 'Alt' key to cycle through the choices.
    [QUOTE=godschoice]Getting back on track with the subject. The things that I found for email (VersaMail)were:

1. Pressing the email button repeatingly will toggle between multiple email accounts.

WHAT EMAIL BUTTON...AM I MISSING IT... ?

ALSO IF VIEWING AN EMAIL IF YOUR CLICK THE RIGHT 5 WAY NAV..YOU GET A SHORTCUT MENU. QUICK AND FAST OPTIONS TO CHOOSE. NOT SURE IF THAT WAS MENTIONED BEFORE. LIKE THE RIGHT MOUSE CLICK IN OUTLOOK.

-A
    stageworks@usa.net
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You do seem to be missing the un-capslock key.

The email button is the one just to the left of the power/hangup button.
    When typing an SMS, holding center brings up the smiley menu. I found this when trying to access my alerts manager!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    You do seem to be missing the un-capslock key.

The email button is the one just to the left of the power/hangup button.
    I believe that is the "Messaging" button. It's default opens the SMS app. You'd need to push the Option button to get to the email app.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I believe that is the "Messaging" button. It's default opens the SMS app. You'd need to push the Option button to get to the email app.
    THANKS THATS IT!!!!! IT WILL MAKE MY LIFE SOOO MUCH EASIER
    stageworks@usa.net
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast