Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
    Just found another one. This may not work on all 650's, but it appears to on mine.

Press and hold the "phone" button (far left, underneath Home) and it will redial the last [incoming]/outgoing call (tested with outgoing, not sure with incoming).

-B.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Here is another one.

Do you have contacts that you need to have both work and home address or even multiple addresses?
    You can add additional address field (or any field by tapping a (+) plus sign on a bottom of contact edit.
    Speaking of contacts...
    Is there any way to cross reference a contact.
    For instance, can place one contact in two different categories without having to make two of the same contact entries?
    In case you'all 650ers missed it...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1059467

Anyways, this post is for these two tips:

- You can press [L-Shift] + [Hard Btn 3] in VersaMail to cycle among the several email accounts you may have set-up; very useful and saves time.

- You can use the same combination or [Opt] + [Hard Btn 3] to switch between the SMS Inbox and Chat mode.
    Just to add to what GreenHex has correctly stated (and can also be found way back in 2005 in this merged thread), this depends on how you have configured your buttons:

System -> Prefs -> Personal -> Buttons ->

So you set one app for the standard button, and one for the 'Option + button'. Whatever you have assigned to each button, repeated pressing of the button (or Option + Button) will cycle through the available views for that application.

This is a really handy feature for those who don't use SMS/email/memos so much and want to have a shortcut to their favourite apps.
    Alternatively you could just assign a press+hold favourite key to each of your favourite apps.

Great thread everybody. Please ensure you read through the history before adding to this. That way we can ensure that the tips are new and useful. I have just read every post in all 17 pages and 85% of the posts are new so not bad.

NEW TIP: While in the phone application, tap the bluetooth icon to jump straight to the bluetooth setup page. Similarly tap the battery icon to view what percentage of juice remains!
    Longstrider, you can have multiple categories for each contact using Beyond Contacts by Dataviz (www.dataviz.com), which mirrors most of Outlook on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct
    Here is another one.

Do you have contacts that you need to have both work and home address or even multiple addresses?
    You can add additional address field (or any field by tapping a (+) plus sign on a bottom of contact edit.
    Thank you. I did not know that. Never really thought much about that plus sign. And of course that works for the 700p too.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    A nice way of quickly deleting large amounts of text:

SHIFT + BACKSPACE deletes the entire contents of the field that you are editing.
    Lido
    Treo 650, UK
    Sweet, no more selecting and then backspacing.
    Not sure if this is mentioned (I thought I read through all the posts but you know, them eyes can deceive).

When in the expanded Favorites Pages, press the right directional key will take you to the next page when you're at the edge of the page. Say, you were in the right button of page one, pressing right will take you to page 2, and vice versa. Not that great of a tip, I know. But basically, it handles all 5 pages as a grid of buttons.

Also, when in Calendar app, Option button and right will take you to the next week and Option left will take you back a previous week.

And, in the Launcher, Contacts. Phone app tapping on the bluetooth icon at the top next to the phone reception icon will take you to the Bluetooth app.

Okay, no one throw any tomatoes.
    Last edited by maceyr; 08/18/2006 at 07:18 PM.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    In case you'all 650ers missed it...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1059467

Anyways, this post is for these two tips:

- You can press [L-Shift] + [Hard Btn 3] in VersaMail to cycle among the several email accounts you may have set-up; very useful and saves time.

- You can use the same combination or [Opt] + [Hard Btn 3] to switch between the SMS Inbox and Chat mode.
    I feel like a bit of a doofus, but can someone let me know which hard button is which? Not too sure which is which, and does that Opt + Hard Btn 3 thing work only if you don't have something assigned? All my hard buttons have been configured to launch something with opt +

Oh yeah, read through the thread and seems like no one's found an option for "forward destruction of text", as opposed to backspace. Found this though:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=49363

Some how I doubt it'll work on our Treos, but it does allow for OPT + BkSpc as "Delete" (as in delete text in front of cursor)
    Last edited by +Kardboard+; 08/18/2006 at 09:30 PM.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    very useful guys, thanks for the hard work. one of mine to add

when using (global) search [option + left shift] if you know the app you think your answer will be in, start the search in that app, it'll search there first.
    Wonderful, what posibilities are hidden in our Treos. Ive just found that you can quickly beam your bussiness card by pressing option button and then holding phone button
    We all know that OPT + P brings up a scroll bar to adjust the brightness of the screen.

Well I read in this thread that OPT + Right Shift is a shortcut to a half-way dark screen.

Well if you do OPT + P and take it the 2nd left-most position and THEN do OPT + Right Shift you will get a screen that is even darker yet!

I've found this to be quite excellent for pitch-black conditions when your eyes have already adjusted to the darkness. Previously, I was just doing the 2nd left-most position which wasn't quite dark enough.

Now it is.

-B.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    Resurrecting this oldie to add this:

http://www.palm.com/us/community/res...s_treo650.html

Nice one-stop shopping for loads of tips

That page is now blank
    Bluetooth file transfers! Works very nicely both to and from a desktop/laptop computer with ease. For transfers to the Treo from my Mac, it's as simple as clicking the Bluetooth icon at the top of the screen and selecting "Send file." For transfers from the Treo, either FileZ or LauncherX do fine, though with LauncherX it's odd that you have to drag the file to the Mail icon then select Bluetooth as the means of "mailing" the file. But best of all, I can download an app (.prc file) to my desktop/laptop and BT it over to the Treo. Very convenient if you want to experiment with a bunch of new apps one at a time without having to do a full HotSync every time.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    BTW, to keep on topic, my favorite "unknown" cool thing is using the screen as a flashlight![/QUOTE]

Thats funny!!! I do that all the time... didn't think anyone else did though
    it's actually pretty bright if it's real dark lmao.....
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    The treo's camera has a self-timer (kinda). You can change the Prompt Sound to any of the built-in ringers. The long ones (Bach's Parita) that is 13seconds or so, is an effective 13 second self timer.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/804-1.htm
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Love this thread.

Here's my little tip: Press the home key and if you type the first few letters of an application it highlights it for you. For example typing 'sou' will highlight Sounds so you can select it with spacebar or the centre key. Saves me the trouble of tapping multiple times on the 5-way or taking out that stylus.
    I just found this site so am *very* new here. After using a 650 for many months I "discovered" by accident something that maybe everybody else has always known about. In almost any app, if you press the "off" button (red phone), and then later press it again, you return to the exact state you left. This is particularly useful if you are in the middle of something that takes many steps or a web page that takes a while to receive. If this kind of thing is documented somewhere, i'd love learn other general things like that.