Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
    With VZW Treo, in contacts, select a contact, menu, send contact... this will send contact via MMS to another person. They will receive MMS with contact attached. Just click the file icon on bottom right and it will ask "accept?" Hit yes and it will be entered into their contact list. Kinda like beaming a contact, but you can do this from across town or the country...
    I receive an email every week from the local Odeon cinema showing the week's listings. I found out I can save the email on my computer as a HTML document and then stick it on my SD card for viewing through Blazer. I just overwrite the document every week with the new one, which means I can put a shortcut on my phone screen pointing to the address of the document on my card!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Is there any way to listen to mp3 files on the SD card thru the RealPlayer software WITHOUT using headphones? Is there any functions that will allow me to listen thru the speakers of the Treo 650? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pa2be
    Is there any way to listen to mp3 files on the SD card thru the RealPlayer software WITHOUT using headphones? Is there any functions that will allow me to listen thru the speakers of the Treo 650? Thanks!
    Er, should just play thru the speaker if your HPs are unplugged
    If you pull down your menu icon and press the corresponding first letter for a different menu it goes to that menu.

f = favorites
    u = utilities

etc
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I don't think anyone answered you. i'd like to know how to do that too. i would also know how to listen to mmplayer without headphones. anyway to do this with either mmplayer or real player?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    Er, should just play thru the speaker if your HPs are unplugged

it doesn't for me. how do you get it to do that for you? i have volumecare 5.20. could that be a problem?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Might be mentioned, but when you are typing text and need to get your cursor relocated; Opt + 5way will navigate by words instead of by characters.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    I receive an email every week from the local Odeon cinema showing the week's listings. I found out I can save the email on my computer as a HTML document and then stick it on my SD card for viewing through Blazer. I just overwrite the document every week with the new one, which means I can put a shortcut on my phone screen pointing to the address of the document on my card!
    Why wouldn't you just use:

http://palm.moviefone.com/
    Why wouldn't you just use:

http://palm.moviefone.com/
    Because I don't have a data plan and I live in the UK, that's why!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Is there a 'delete' key? Other than using backspace?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Might be mentioned, but when you are typing text and need to get your cursor relocated; Opt + 5way will navigate by words instead of by characters.
    That's a cool tip. It doesn't work for me, though.
    When I'm in a text field, Opt then 5-way still just goes to the next character. If I hold down Opt and 5-way, it goes to the next command (like in a Memo it jumps from the middle of the memo text down to the Done button instead of to the next character) so that's still a great thing to know!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    That's because you need FieldPlus to be able to do that.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    I don't know if anyone has started a thread like this (didnt find one). i remember seeing a thread about this a long time ago about the 600.

What have you found in your hours of playing with the 650 that you thought was really cool, but some people may over look or never even find.

i was messing with the ringtones and realized you can record your own voice (or someone elses) and make it your ringtone.

hi, how does one do this???? thanks, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    That's because you need FieldPlus to be able to do that.
    Thanks! I had no idea it was from FieldPlus. I just thought it was WAY cool!!
    I am using a Cingular Treo. I don't the music quality acceptable on these little things but I do have a few joke mp3's and when I play them the sound comes from the speaker..
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    hi, how does one do this???? thanks, Jay
    Preferences
    Sound & Alerts
    Tones
    New

....voila! Have fun with this
    Since we're on the subject of cool stuff. Here're some shortcuts I found while using VersaMail:

- To quickly delete a message, put the highlight onto the message, then press backspace.
    - In the message view: pressing space will go to next message, pressing 0 will go to previous message. And pressing h will toggle long/short header. And of course, pressing backspace will delete that message.
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    I've found no reference to this cool feature in any manual.

Did you know that you can delete any single message that is contained within a SMS thread?

Use the navigation up arrow to outline the dialogue portion of the SMS thread window. Once outlined pressing the center button will highlight individual messages within the thread. Use the up/down arrows to select the message you want to delete and then the center button again will pull the message into its own window, giving you the option to delete or forward.

I find this particularly handy when I want to delete a slightly riske' message without deleting the entire thread.

K

I cant seem to get this feature to work. I have a treo650/vzw. Any help?
    If backspace moves you back, what moves you forward?