Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    And of course if you want to turn this autocorrect feature off (ie. you are using your Treo for another language than english) you can always use AutoCorrect (http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...tocorrect_enUS)
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Joran: check my link, looks the same to me ?

(but as this being the Overlook-thread, you probably did just that )
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    OK - I'll lay down flat on the ground for anyone to whip me

Probably spent to much time writing my post - without refreshing my browser. Sorry
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    A must for NPR fans:

http://www.publicradiofan.com/
    Excellent resource, thanks. I do wish the BBC news would get off of real player and windows and add streaming mp3 or ogg. If anyone stumbles across a solution, please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    Um...never started a thread on this because it isn't a big deal...
    But since you and zlauncher are good friends now....

In zlauncher I set up a "FAV" tab/screen that I want to be my default screen. *Sometimes* if I go to a program and I am done using it and then hit the home button, it takes me to the "ALL" screen in zlauncher instead of my custom FAV screen.

Any idea why that is?
    I have no idea about that, but I know that when I go to "sounds" from zlauncher, and try to use the home key, it takes me back to the PALM-type screen, not my zlauncher screen.. weird.
    Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by gellmanb
    Thanks, Aprasad! Looks terrific. I need PocketTunes to play the audio?
    PocketTunes will stream MP3 (aka Shoutcast) and OGG format. You can set the publicradiofan web site to list stations that broadcast in just these formats.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    How about this: under the "Call Log", if you press Menu, Record, you get a drop down list of things you can do with the Call Log. Purge, Delete *one* call, Totals...
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I was wondering when someone would mention the ability to leave a "talking" picture. Another posted mentioned this a few posts back with a variation of using this feature, but this is really great!

Say you run into an old friend that you have not seen in a long time (I just did two days ago and forgot I had the ability to take his pic).

Now you want to snap a quick pic in order to show how good (or bad) this old friend looks. You snap the pic and click on the microphone icon on the bottom of the pic or press botom arrow of 5 way button to get the icon to appear on bottom (if pic fills the screen). Now your friend can give a few seconds of their voice to add to the pic that your bringing home.

Check this feature out . . . I just stumbled on it last night after owning the 650 for two weeks
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Learned this from Palm tech support. You can go into Palm desktop and click on view at the top> scroll down to "addins" l and follow the screens. You can delete dup cal, tasks, contacts or memos here.

If you are using outlook, pop in CD and change conduit to Palm desktop and then hotsync. Your records will be in Palm desktop now. Do your deletions and use the cd to change conduit back to outlook if thats what you are using.

They had me choose a new user name before I started the process of moving everything around for safety. Don't forget to change hotsync to custom and have desktop overwrite the 650 on your hotsync after you eliminated the dups.

Also if you use a back up card do a back up to it with the new "no dupe list"
    So you don't overwrite the list with duped names again if you had to do a hard reset in an emergency.

If I've messed up any steps here, someone correct me.
    But this is a hell of alot faster than deleting each dup one at a time.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Excellent resource, thanks. I do wish the BBC news would get off of real player and windows and add streaming mp3 or ogg. If anyone stumbles across a solution, please advise.
    Here's a small partial solution. My public radio station, WRVO-FM 90.3 Oswego/Syracuse, NY, broadcasts the BBC world service all night long from 8 pm most nights (some nights starts a few hours later) until NPR's Morning Edition starts up at 5 or 6 AM.

WRVO has Real Audio AND MP3 streaming feeds.
    http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wrvo/ppr/index.shtml

Enjoy.
    -- Josh in Syracuse
    In the Third Party Software category, I recently discovered Hi-Launcher's ability to assign Keyboard Shortcuts to each item in its menu. The shortcut letter is underlined (preference setting) just like what happens in Windows menus.

To assign a Keyboard Shortcut, go into the Menu Design function, highlight an item, then press your Menu key. Choose "Properties", then fill in the shortcut key to use for this item (which ought to be one of the letters in the item's name) in the space provided.

After you've done this for all of your menu items, it is super quick to navigate the menus. For me, I have a top level menu of folders that mimic my ZLauncher categories. Inside each top level menu I've listed my favourite 5 or 6 apps in that category. Now, to launch any one of these it is a simple three key process ... Press-and-Hold the Home button to pop up the Hi-Launcher menu, then tap-tap with the two underlined shortcut letters and... Bob's your uncle.

Pretty soon, you don't need the underlines. You start to remember the sequences for your most used apps in no time.

Dunno why it took, what? two years? of my using Hi-Launcher before I figured this out....
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hey PatrickS, thanks for the tip on HiLauncher. Like you, I have been using it for a while but didn't know this feature exists (Ah, I didn't read the manual).
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Expidia - Not only can you have a talking picture, you can also draw a freehand note or just scribble on it. That is found on the same menu as "play audio". Just a few lines below that is "draw on picture".
    Also Expidia - The Delete Duplicates menu choice is on Addins, but that is on the Tools menu of Palm Desktop, not the View menu.

Sorry but you asked for corrections. Nice tip though.
    Why can't you be a nonconformist like everybody else?
    Wow! Glad I found this site.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuc
    Wow! Glad I found this site.
    Did you find it or did it find you?
    Both I guess. I just had to tag this thread for any future tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by mwomwom
    There is a hidden terminal in the Network preferences....open the menu item Options | View Log...Tap an insertion point and type ? and hit the enter key
    How did you learn about this? I've been using the Treo 600 for a long time, and read a lot about it, but I've never heard of this.

It's almost as cool as having a built in shell!
    Quote Originally Posted by samyang
    This might be common knowledge, but...

OPT + Left Shift brings up Global Find.

OPT + Power Button automatically unlocks the treo too.
  20. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinbrewer
    OPT + Power Button automatically unlocks the treo too.
    This is great! I hate stumbling around with hitting the center key.