Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Does anyone else get a green horizontal line in their pics when they take them using the Treo 650? I finally got it yesterday and just finished loading everything and now I see this? I really hope I don't have to go return it now. ANyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    yep, but only if I'm in really low lighting conditions though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    yep, but only if I'm in really low lighting conditions though.
    I had it happen a couple of times too. It was in a "lower" light condition. Other pictures from the same location at the same time turned out fine though.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    thanks for the replies. I'll leep playing around with it some more. I don't want to have to swap it out so soon. At least with the Treo 650's, we can just swap the bettery and don't have to wait for the swapped phone to fully charge before hotsyncing it.
    I had the same issue and returned my phone.... They sent me a new one ASAP from palmOne, and now there is no issue.

-CK
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I had this problem start all of a sudden. After taking about 3-4 pictures in a row (which were all fine), the green line appeared in all the following pics I took. I tried a soft reset, and the green line went away. Haven't had the problem again......and keeping my fingers crossed.
    EricJ reported the same problem in this Treo 650 pictures thread. I'm not sure what he decided to do, but even then I thought it was enough of a problem to warrant an exchange request. I use my T650's camera almost every single day, often in lower light than I should, and have yet to see a green line.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckonkel
    I had the same issue and returned my phone.... They sent me a new one ASAP from palmOne, and now there is no issue.

-CK

DITTO it was always there just more visible in low light. New replacement has no line.

Mine was horizontal about 1/4 down from the top. I think the lens had a prob cuz the video was the same. The line always showed up in the file on my pc.
    Just starting have the "green line" of death...doesn't matter on the lighting conditions.
    Seems to be intermittent.

Crap...returning again...this will be number 4...
    I had this problem last week. I took a couple of pics in the same room and everything was fine. Then I continue taking pics and see the green line. Then I exited the app (I don't think I did a soft reset), came back in, and took more pics with no green line. As such, it sounds to me like some weird software bug moreso than a hardware problem. Add another bug to the pile.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I JUST started having this problem last week. Now it won't do it anymore. Maybe a reset fixed it, but who knows. I did many experiments to reproduce it:

(1) Once in a low light setting, I kept getting the green line when a bright light emmited from the t.v. got into the picture. Taking pictures slightly away from the t.v.'s view, the green light disappeared. There was a definite point in the room where the green came in and came out

(2) Another time it happened outside, sunlight, lots of snow. So, I can't be sure that "low light situations" are really the cause :-/
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    EricJ reported the same problem in this Treo 650 pictures thread. I'm not sure what he decided to do, but even then I thought it was enough of a problem to warrant an exchange request.
    I decided to keep it and see what happened. I really don't use the camera all that often (maybe 100 pics so far) and haven't had any green lines after those first two days with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I decided to keep it and see what happened. I really don't use the camera all that often (maybe 100 pics so far) and haven't had any green lines after those first two days with it.
    2nd day with my gsm unlocked and I have the green line problem. Is anyone else still seeing this? What about the people on this thread? What have you done about the problem?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Perhaps it's a break-in period thing, I haven't seen the issue since the first two days.

ERic
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Okay how's that for bad karma? I post the above two days ago... and tonight the green line comes back! Soft reset made it go away.
    Yo,

had the problem once on my Sprint 650. I did a soft reset and it never came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    2nd day with my gsm unlocked and I have the green line problem. Is anyone else still seeing this? What about the people on this thread? What have you done about the problem?

Got a new one. (Other also had a dead "g" key)....so far so good.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I just started having this green line problem today..just did a reset and it *seems* to be gone...hope its nothing serious as 30 day exchange is almost up and dont wanna trade for a refurb later

**Other than that phone is running almost perfect with few problems that are common among others
    I don't use my camera much, but I have the green line in one photo, taken under low light conditions, about 1/4 of the way from the top of the photo. The presence and placement of the line seems to be pretty consistent among users, judging from the responses here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    I use my T650's camera almost every single day, often in lower light than I should, and have yet to see a green line.
    Fascinating. I posted that almost six months ago. Today, I got my first green line. Horizontal, maybe a fifth or a quarter of the way from the top of the image. Did a soft reset, tried again, no line. Hmm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast