1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if i can do anything to make the 5 way button work with 2.7 on my Treo 600?
    i can't get the program to work as it should (no auto fetch, no notification), does it work well for you?
  3.    #3  
    well the auto mail works sometimes, notification does not work.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    Does anyone know if i can do anything to make the 5 way button work with 2.7 on my Treo 600?
    Depends on what you want it to do - it "works" better than 2.5 did, that's for certain. However, it doesn't work totally. I can't seem to get to the buttons on the bottom of the mailbox, for example, like "New" and "Get Mail", but I couldn't with 2.5 either, so I've gotten used to using "keystrokes" like Menu-N for New. The nav will work for "checking" the checkbox, etc., but is not much more useful than the 2.5 that I purchased some time ago - I'm going to ask for my money back actually, since I'm a licensed owner of 2.5, and I don't really see much "value" in the 2.7 version over 2.5.

I'm hoping that 3.0 works better on the 650. I wonder if the 3.0 multimail.prc would work on the T600. Of course, unless someone has both versions there is some "difficulty" in getting the 3.0 version

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcgill
    i can't get the program to work as it should (no auto fetch, no notification), does it work well for you?
    Well, I've put 2.5 back on my Treo 600 (I bought it immediately upon getting the Treo 600 since I think it's the best email package for me) - and you are right - with 2.7 I get no auto-fetch or notification. Restoring my 2.5 now!

Has anyone gotten this to work with 2.7? The reason I ask is that I use Linux and just copied all of the PRC files over after running the Windows "install" routine to get them into the "install" directory. Wondering if this has anything to do with background services failing, or if it's just 2.7! Also, I might just copy the 2.7 Multimail.prc in and see if that makes any difference.

By restoring my old version, the auto-fetch came back just fine - so my guess is something is "broken" in the background services prc for 2.7.

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    And finally, leaving everything a 2.5 and putting the 2.7 multimail.prc on the Treo still works with auto fetch and notify - so my guess if others are having trouble with the auto-fetch and notify for 2.7 as well, there must be something odd about it that doesn't seem to be a problem with the 2.5 version. Since I've paid for them both, I guess there is no reason I can't use what "works" - however, like I said, if you have either a 2.5 or 2.6 "working" copy of VersaMail, I'm not sure that you will be excited about the 2.7 "enhancements" - since they seem to only be the ability to use the right nav button to "check" an item in the checklist

Danita
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have 2.7...and none of what was mentioned above works for me either. Would anyone be willing to send me a full version of 2.6 or 2.5? Is this something Palm would give me without me paying more money?