1.    #1  
    I recently had two Windows Smartphones (Audiovox 5600 and Motorola MPX-220), I currently have a Blackberry 7290 and bought (just today) the Sprint Treo 650.

I am on a quest for the ideal low-cost (monthly re-occurring cost) Exchange sync solution. I bought the Treo 650 w/Sprint based on two factors:

1. Keyboard (after having Blackberries and then Windows Smartphones I have to have a keyboard).
    2. Sprint Vision Pro @ $15/mo - vs $25/mo for AT&T unlimited Internet, $20/mo Cingular unlimited Internet and $45/mo for unlimited Blackberry. $15/mo!!!!!

After about four hours of usage I have only one major complaint. Versamail does not appear to synchronize any folder other than my Inbox on the Exchange server. I found this hard to believe at first given the Windows Smartphones use Exchange Activesync and sync the folders great. My Blackberry syncs (replicates) the folders great.

I don't know about the average user, but the ability to file messages into sub-folders on the server (get them out of my Inbox) is something I do about 35-50 times per day. This is essential. Filing messages into locally significant folders on the 650 is not helpful. I want my desktop Inbox "clean" when I get back to my desk throughout the day.

A Goodlink server is not currently an option at my company, so I cannot expect resolution there (not knowing whether that would resolve this or not).

My question is this: Is there any other software out there for the 650 that will do this? What are the odds this type of functionality will be incorporated into Versamail in the near future? I want to make sure I explore all my options before I take this thing back.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? No options, just live with less functionality?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    There is going to be the Blackberry Connect Stack for PalmOS released soon(Originally it was slated for December 2004, but I've now heard January 2005 on the 'net). It will most likely have all the same features as a regular Blackberry, but that's just a guess. However, I'm not sure if it will be any cheaper because you will still need to have "Blackberry service" and they will probably charge a lot for it.
    I'm not sure about this, but doesn't chatter already support or will soon support multiple folder syncing?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the Chattermail suggestion. I have installed Chattermail. It supports IMAP, so it does see my sub-folders fine.

It does not, unfortunately, support calendar events.

That said, so far it looks like I would have to run both Versamail and Chattermail to get my sub-folders and the ability to accept/decline calendar invites. This is pretty sad. This seems like a pretty impressive device, but it is squarely in third place over Blackberry and Windows Smartphone for Exchange sync.

Hmm, so maybe when the Motorola MPX comes out (the one with the keyboard), I can get it with the Cingular Media Works plan ($20/mo/unlimited) and get everything. I was really hoping the Treo 650 was going to fit the bill.
    Have you tried the Sprint's bundled Business Connect? It supports calander events and is based on Seven's technology:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/sh...nessConnection

http://www.seven.com/index.html

Furthermore, there are several additional options you should checkout including NotifyLink and Surewave from JPmobile:

http://www.notifycorp.com/

http://jpmobile.com/mobile_office.asp

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Hey thanks! I really appreciate the information. I just tried the Sprint Business Connect, but it does not support folders either (or at least not that I could find). It also caused serious instability on my XP machine running Outlook 2003. Outlook basically stopped working right.

The notifycorp appears to require server infrastructure (like Goodlink). What about the jpmobile? I looked at their web site, but could not figure out what is required to use their solution

Thanks again! If Versamail would simply update their product to support folders, I would be be all set.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    SuperManFan, if it's causing Outlook problems, I would recommended creating a seperate Outlook profile running non-cached mode. I have noticed the same issue with Blackberry devices syncing to an Outlook 2003 profile running cached Exchange mode.
    My guess would be VersaMail will be adding foldering in the next release, since they do support syncing IMAP folders today. Don't know the timing of the next release at all though... Agree about the need for foldering support in corporate email, defintely useful.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I recently went to the Atlanta roadshow and saw a demo of JPMobile's SureWave Connect. It is supposed to do full Outlook Exchange (2000 or 2003) sync through an OWA conduit. Looks like it chould solve my firewall/VPN/battery drain problems, but I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with it before I load yet another email app on my Treo!

I'm going to post this question on the Communications forum as well.

Thanks!

Mac
    Last edited by McTreo; 05/05/2005 at 09:39 AM.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!