1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have a Treo 650 and need support in setting up an ActiveSync mail account in VersaMail.

Facts:

1. I can establish an IMAP account to my Exchange 2003 server and it works fine.

2. Active Sync IS enabled on our Exchange server.

3. I have established a VPN and it works fine for the IMAP connection.

4. When I set up "test" an ActiveSync account my Treo 650 connects to and is properly authenticated. I then get a VersaMail interupt that reads as follows:

Quote:
    "Success!!!
    Accessed Server, but incorrect version."

QUESTION:

What version is "incorrect"? I can't find any online help and the message is not instructive with regard to the Treo, VersaMail, Exchange, etc.

Sprint says they only "support" SprintMail --- what NONSENSE!! I know this will work. Can anyone help me or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your help.

gll
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I'm guessing your server is only setup to use version 1 of ActiveSync. It sees version 2 and refuses to work with it. This is just a guess, and you'll probably need to talk to your Exchange Administrators.

Go to http://rsasecurity.agora.com/rsasecu...ct.asp?id=1377 and click on the link entitled "RSA SecurID Authentication Implementation Guide (pdf)."

Go to page 12 of that guide. It references a Custom HTTP Header called "MS-ASProtocolVersions" with a value of "1.0,2.0". I'm guessing your Exchange server may have a similar header, but it's only setup for version 1.0 of ActiveSync. If you walk through that document, it should show you where the settings are located and how to change them. If you have an Exchange admin handy, tell him/her to look for the WebID virtual directory located in the IIS management tool on the Exchange front-end server. Right-click on the WebID virtual directory, click properties, and then click the HTTP Headers tab. If it's listed, edit the Customer Header and add in version 2.0. And even if it's not listed, it's worth a shot to add the value anyway to explicitly support versions 1.0 and 2.0.