Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    If you get the latest Dlink DBT-120 rev B4 do not try to install the software on the CD.

Download the latest B3 drivers rev 10A

Install and call tech support request level III suport, They will ask you for the Mac address on the adapter and they will give you the security code that the software is asking you for.

I wen tround and round with them and this and finally got it setupa dn can finally get my 650 sync'd with the Bluetooth.

Just a little FYI for you DLink fans...

I was about 5 minutes away from returning it and getting a different one even though this thing was on sale with a rebate and was $15 at Compusa.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I just bought the Dlink because of the rebate, and could not get it to install and work properly on WinXP. I emailed Dlink yesterday, but have not had time to call support. The funny thing is that when I booted into Linux, it was immediately recognized and the configuration screen came up.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    FYI Level III is the only one that can give you the info you need and their hours are 9-5pm PST

I complained about that, saying that somepeople work and can't get home in time. They said "oh"

Not sure whay they don;y put up a FAQ on support for that?
    Last edited by JAnderson; 12/18/2004 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson
    Download the latest B3 drivers rev 10A
    I have the DBT-120 B4 and am using the B4 update without any problems (or at least none that are evident). Is the B3 update really useable with the B4 hardware?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    JAnderson,
    Do I ask for Level II or Level III for the security code?
    Zane
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    B3 will work but requires the key

You must ask for Level III
    They will not give the keys to the lower levels (maybe its a ego thing) LOL
    JAnderson,
    Thanks for the info. I finally got around to calling D-Link for the necessary info. By the way, the first tech I talked to said there was a problem with the B4 hardware/software. He said to install the B3 software (which I had thanks to you), and he then put me on hold to the get security code. My only problem now is getting a consistent connection for file transfers in WinXP. The funny thing is that I mainly use SUSE 9.2 Linux and it automatically recognized the adapter, installed the necessary software, and a right click on the bluetooth icon will connect to my Treo and enable transfers. Now I need to explore using bluetooth to sync with jPilot.
    Zane