1.    #1  
    This little thing is amazing... I just tried (for the heck of it) to run MMPlayer while PocketTunes was playing in the background. I started playing a good quality movie and it played perfectly all the while I was hearing the pTunes song going just fine. Neither the movie or the song skipped a beat! I then decided to kick it a notch, so I exited MMPlayer, started RealPlayer with another song (now two songs playing) and then started MMPlayer again and played the movie. All three played fine!! I could make out the soundtrack from all three and it wasn't skipping!! The video played very well too and I could only see occasional frame skipping.

Not that there is any practical use for doing this, but this just shows that this is one little powerful device!
    Silverado, can you recommend software for playing movies on the 650? I have yet to really explore the multimedia capabilities of the 650 and was hoping you might have some software advice or could recommend a thread that discusses the pros and cons of compatible multimedia software for the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    This little thing is amazing... I just tried (for the heck of it) to run MMPlayer while PocketTunes was playing in the background. I started playing a good quality movie and it played perfectly all the while I was hearing the pTunes song going just fine. Neither the movie or the song skipped a beat! I then decided to kick it a notch, so I exited MMPlayer, started RealPlayer with another song (now two songs playing) and then started MMPlayer again and played the movie. All three played fine!! I could make out the soundtrack from all three and it wasn't skipping!! The video played very well too and I could only see occasional frame skipping.

Not that there is any practical use for doing this, but this just shows that this is one little powerful device!

I tries playing real and ptunes at the same time on my 600 and it work fine too!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by mangier
    Silverado, can you recommend software for playing movies on the 650? I have yet to really explore the multimedia capabilities of the 650 and was hoping you might have some software advice or could recommend a thread that discusses the pros and cons of compatible multimedia software for the 650.

Kinoma 3 and MMplayer! The former comes with a producer for making maoives while the other can be used with various freeware conversion apps like pocket divx encoder and virtualDub. You can also use pocket DVD studio to rip your own dvd's and play with mmplayer. Do a search, there's tons of topics on this subject...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    mmplayer and the new Kinoma player are really the best things out there.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I tries playing real and ptunes at the same time on my 600 and it work fine too!
    Yes, I had done Kinoma and pTunes on the 600 before, but never three. I love this platform!

BTW, try playing 2 MP3 players and a video simultaneously on a 300 MHz Windows PC!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    mmplayer and the new Kinoma player are really the best things out there.
    Agreed!
    is there a player and a web site to get movies ??? My pc doesn't have a DVD player.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    There could very well be a practical use for this: video editing and producer for PalmOS.
    Imagine with the 320x320 screen, it should be fun chopping, cropping, syncing background music from your Real or Ptunes playlist with your "movie." Sort of like Adobe Premiere for Palm. Some film majors/aficionados out here probably know the best apps to obtain. But this is good news.
    p.s. Still waiting for my Demo650 version which may neva' come.
    On second thought, "We" may have to write an application that will incorporate an Audio/Video interface with tools to manipulate Ptunes song library and the Pics and Video file. Don't know of any programs currently. Okay, I'm thinking too much, pay me no mind, the lack of a 650 is making me delusional...
    C'mon guys give us a break! It's hard enough waiting, without all this, "do you know what else it can do?" Those of us waiting for the G.S.M. model will be ready for the rubber room if we read too much of this. By the way Silverado congrats on partially helping sort out the memory problem. Seriously all you guys are doing a tremendous job in making our lives easier when we eventually get the 650.
    these are little hints that one day, the treo will be able to do everything that a desktop is capable of.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    these are little hints that one day, the treo will be able to do everything that a desktop is capable of.
    I agree.

I have always found that I can get my info out of the Treo faster than any desk top computers. Palm devices are really good at one touch launching of favourite applications.

Net applications are still slow but I'm confident that in a few years even this will be sorted.

You only have to look at the speed of development of phone cameras to see how the accelerated growth of the market, forces changes through faster than in the more mature computer industry.

Smart phones are where it's going to happen.

When people say Isn't your phone big?"

I reply "No my phone/computer is very small"