1.    #1  
    Greetings all,

Every time I remove my 650 from the charger, it's hung with the green light solid. My only option is to pull the battery at which point it's fine and stable. I've tried this both with the network on and off and had the same results.

Has anyone else experienced this? Hopefully, there's a patch or a workaround because sending my phone in without anything in coverage isn't an option for me.

Thanks,
    MB
    You can try and see if CradleCare helps this problem. It does power and screen management. Not promissing anything but it is worth a try.

CradleCare

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Bleh. I don't want a band-aid for this, but I suppose it'll do in a pinch. I guess I'm going to have to get friendly with RMA...

Thanks for the suggestion, Jeff.

-MB
    On some previous Palm models, there was a "cradle reset" that supposedly rest the charging circuit. It's basically a soft rest while the charger is connected. I'm not sure if it works on the 650, but I can't see any harm in trying.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5.    #5  
    So just push the reset button when the thing is charging?
    This isn't normal, mine has never done this. There are two possiblities:

1.) What software do you have installed? It could be something causing this.
    2.) It's a hardware defect. If so, just get it replaced. I don't know what you mean by no coverage. palmOne covers the first year with it's warranty I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by belanger
    Greetings all,

Every time I remove my 650 from the charger, it's hung with the green light solid. My only option is to pull the battery at which point it's fine and stable. I've tried this both with the network on and off and had the same results.

Has anyone else experienced this? Hopefully, there's a patch or a workaround because sending my phone in without anything in coverage isn't an option for me.

Thanks,
    MB
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  7.    #7  
    Meaning that I won't have cell phone coverage while the phone is being repaired. Hopefully, they'll send me a unit before I have to send mine back like some companies.