1.    #1  
    What's the trick to recording movies longer than 10 sec.? Is there a way to record them directly to the SD card for as long as you want?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    The only trick is to have lots of free RAM space on your 600 since it records to RAM then allows you to save the recording to your SD card. Cannot write directly to the SD card due to SD card write speeds on the 600 from what I remember.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    UUuuurrrrrr!!

This is what I thought was the case. Thanks Momo.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    no sweat. if you get the 650 the built in camcorder can write directly to the SD as I recall

5.    #5  
    I have 11MB of free RAM and it still only records for 10 sec.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Yep, it eats RAM quickly as it's caching the recording in the internal memory. You can try changing the Recording Quality setting in Preferences to see if that gives you slightly longer recording time.

I had this same frustrating problem where it always cut-out on me during a big moment that I needed recorded. I don't know the complexities involved with enhancing this application to record to the external card but it seems that other apps have done this successfully. I'm trialing mMovie now and so far it seems good. MovieRec is just not a useful tool (especially on the RAM-strangled Treo) until they can record to card. Is this a big job to enhance?
  8.    #8  
    Beantown, I've try mMovie, MovieRec., etc... and all the apps that can record directly to the SD card look and sound like crap! It's now even worth recording to the SD with mMovie.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I still haven't found the perfect solution yet. Although with mVoice and others that record to the card, at least you can control the quality with respect to the size of the card. Playback from the card is mediocre. If you have room to temporarily move the recording to RAM for listening then playback gets better. I'm not ready to delete it yet. But willing to try Audacity and P.A.R. as well. What about the T650 movie recorder?? Doesn't it come with an app for this? Can anyone determine if its any good, compatible with the T600, and uploadable?