1.    #1  
    I have Pocket Tunes 3, but it does not turn off screen on T650.

It says it cannot turn it off on this device.

Any ideas?
    Go to options, Actions, turn off screen. Works every time for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryj357
    I plan on modifying ScreenCare to provide support for pTunes. I have had this request several times now. The benefit of ScreenCare is that you can still use your volume keys after the screen is blacked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I plan on modifying ScreenCare to provide support for pTunes. I have had this request several times now. The benefit of ScreenCare is that you can still use your volume keys after the screen is blacked out.
    That's Cool.....
    I am happy to report that I have added this functionality to ScreenCare. Please take a look at it and tell me if this implementation will work for you!

You can get it from my developers are here at TreoCentral :

ScreenCare download
    Quote Originally Posted by larryj357
    Are you using a 600 or 650....this does not turn off my 650 screen.

Bill...
    It should work on both. I tested on the 650. You have to be in pTunes for this to work. I am assuming that you enabled the option right and set a timeout period in the setting screen. (Don't mean to be so basic, but....)

Lets also take a look in the Applications Administration screen and tell me what the name of pTunes is in the list. Is it "pTunes", "pocket tunes" or "Pocket Tunes"?
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/17/2004 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Because I can't Spell!!!
  8.    #8  
    mine shows as pTunes. (mine is pTunes 3 Deluxe version) and it says it can't turn off screen on this device even if I manually try to shut off the screen.

I will try ScreenCare later tonight. that treo site requries membership
    Quote Originally Posted by KPZerone
    mine shows as pTunes. (mine is pTunes 3 Deluxe version) and it says it can't turn off screen on this device even if I manually try to shut off the screen.

The "regular" version that I am running has the database name of "Pocket Tunes". If the deluxe version is different, please let me know and I will include the name pTunes to my search list.

Thanks,

Jeff
    I have just posted a new version (v2.8.2) that will scan for either name. It should work for you now.

Did you have any luck getting the software? Here is another link: ScreenCare

Jeff
  12.    #12  
    Thanks Jeff! I was on a trip.. I will try tonight.

I will let you know of the result once I try it out.
    Thanks Jeff! I was on a trip.. I will try tonight.

I will let you know of the result once I try it out.
    Awesome! Please use the new v2.8.5 release that I posted in my forum.

ScreenCare
    A new build of ScreenCare was posted today.

This verison has 3 major changes:

1) 650 stability. Rewrote the event processing logic.
    2) Fixes a condition where phone screen saver would not engage.
    3) Added an option to detect headsets (BT and wired). Now you have the ability ot only have the phone screen saver engage when you are on a headset.

Jeff

(The build can be found in my Developer's Area)