1.    #1  
    on the 650 will something like sandman work? Or is there a command to turn off the backlight on the 650 immediately during a call? related to my other post, but I adjust the volume during calls which brings up the screen again if it's dimmed, but then I have to wait again. I also don't like people seeing who I'm on the phone with, so I always like to turn off my screen.
  2.    #2  
    Never mind. Installed sandman and it works perfectly. I mapped it to the option phone button. turns off the screen and keyboard instantly. works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    Never mind. Installed sandman and it works perfectly. I mapped it to the option phone button. turns off the screen and keyboard instantly. works like a charm.
    As an alternative try ScreenCare. It has an automatic screen blacking mode for phone calls. It will also allow you to continue to use the volume keys during a call. Something sandman does not allow you to do.

ScreenCare

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    on the 650 will something like sandman work? Or is there a command to turn off the backlight on the 650 immediately during a call? related to my other post, but I adjust the volume during calls which brings up the screen again if it's dimmed, but then I have to wait again. I also don't like people seeing who I'm on the phone with, so I always like to turn off my screen.

HUh? I thought there was a new option somewhere on the 650 to turn the backlight off during a call? Anyway, Treoguard should work too afaikafaikafaik...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    HUh? I thought there was a new option somewhere on the 650 to turn the backlight off during a call? Anyway, Treoguard should work too afaikafaikafaik...
    Just use Option-P. The lowest setting turns the backlight off completely.
    Otherwise, the backlight will turn to half brightness after 30 seconds, and completely off after 1 minute.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.